• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old School vs New School

ZiggyZiggs

Smash Cadet
So I hear at Pound 4 they'll be having an Old School vs New School crew battle.
Let me hear your thoughts on this and which smashers you'd like so see make a return.
I know a lot of the OS smashers will be rusty but it should me amazing.

To me, if it were OS in their prime vs NS in their's. OS would definitely win.

I'm really wanting HugS to return. <333

Old School :

Isai
Germ
Mike G
M2K
Germ
Azen
Wes
Darkrain
HugS
Aniki
Ken
Forward
Wobbles
Taj
DaShizWiz (He Started in 05' but I think he stopped then started again.)
SilentSpectre
Chillin
PC Chris
Lucky
Neo
Wife

New School :

HungryBox
Mango
Kage
PeePee
Jman
Hax
Armada
Axe

Of course there will be some debate on whether some are actually OS or NS because of being in the middle somewhere.

Wow, seems like OS is definitely going to have a wider category to choose from. Haha.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Let me hear your thoughts on this and which smashers you'd like so see make a return.

thing is they're not

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
OS
Isai, GERM, Mike G, PC, M2K(he was there), Chu, Azen, Wes(he's coming I think, I don't think he's playing melee tho), Darkrain, and HugS

NS
Hbox, Mango(he was kinda in the middle), Kage, PP, Shiz, Jman, Hax, SS, Lucky(same as mango), and Armada.

Both are pretty stacked

ZiggyZiggs

Smash Cadet
OS
Isai, GERM, Mike G, PC, M2K(he was there), Chu, Azen, Wes(he's coming I think, I don't think he's playing melee tho), Darkrain, and HugS

NS
Hbox, Mango(he was kinda in the middle), Kage, PP, Shiz, Jman, Hax, SS, Lucky(same as mango), and Armada.

Both are pretty stacked
Good list.
Maybe Aniki may return as well. Hopefully he'll kick everyone's *** with Link again. Haha. But I seriously doubt he'd go back to that. A lot of the OS will be rusty as well though. Maybe Ken will even make an appearance at least. It's going to take a lot from OS to get through NS though. Kage has been showing his stuff lately as well so that's just another obstacle for OS.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
loooool so tight.

What made isai decide to play melee at pound 4 when he didn't want to play at Genesis?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
OS

NS

Both are pretty stacked
Pretty sure SS would be OS

You also left AZ players out of OS. Forward would def. be OS.

Axe would be NS.

Wobbles would probably be OS.

TaJ plays wow so nobody cares about him.

There should be a year cut-off for each, since Mango came in around 06. I think Shiz is 05 or 06. Maybe a little earlier.

ZiggyZiggs

Smash Cadet
Alright, guys I love the input. I'm going to make a list of all the possible smashers that could be attending this. I'd love more input and I'm just going to add what as been said and a few more. Thanks. :D

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
What's the point of including people who obviously won't be there? Ken and Aniki, just to name two. Old schoolers actually attending Pound 4:

Mew2King
Darkrain
Azen
HugS
Isai
Chillin
Germ
PC Chris

You could put SilentSpectre in here, too, since he is way more old school than new school (was already a top WC Falcon in '05).

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings

Old School :

Isai
Germ
Mike G
M2K
Germ
Azen
Wes
Darkrain
HugS
Aniki
Ken
Forward
Wobbles
Taj
DaShizWiz (He Started in 05' but I think he stopped then started again.)

New School :

HungryBox
Mango
Kage
PeePee
Jman
Hax
SilentSpectre
Lucky
Armada
Axe

Of course there will be some debate on whether some are actually OS or NS because of being in the middle somewhere.
I'm pretty sure Aniki won't be at this tournament. Also you should remove Lucky and Wobbles from new school, they started playing around the sametime that Wobbles did(or you should remove Wobbles from Old school) also PC Chris, Mew2king and Chu Dat should be added to old school.

ZiggyZiggs

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Aniki won't be at this tournament. Also you should remove Lucky and Wobbles from new school, they started playing around the sametime that Wobbles did(or you should remove Wobbles from Old school) also PC Chris, Mew2king and Chu Dat should be added to old school.
I'll add Lucky to OS then. I had PC and M2k and Chu up there already so that's fine. I'm just going to keep Aniki, just in case. Thanks for the input.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Pretty sure SS would be OS

You also left AZ players out of OS. Forward would def. be OS.

Axe would be NS.

Wobbles would probably be OS.

TaJ plays wow so nobody cares about him.

There should be a year cut-off for each, since Mango came in around 06. I think Shiz is 05 or 06. Maybe a little earlier.
I actually just evened it up. I didn't forget about those players. And I was on the fence about SS, Shiz, Mango, and Lucky. I definitely didn't forget about Axe, I just thought Armada>Axe. Each team is suppose to have 8 players 2 alts. And both of my teams have 10 players.

BTW Aniki is from JAPAN and plays WARIO in BARWL so he's not coming.

And I would base NS and OS on the time they became to be known. Like Shiz played back in the day, but he got known around late 06'.

edit: and add Neo and Wife to OS. They're both going but I don't know if Neo is playing Melee.

Top Bottom