• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar/Alph Discord Chat!

AndrewOshawott

Smash Rookie
NNID
AndrewOshawott
3DS FC
3969-6787-0452
What is Discord?

Discord is an instant messenger (think Skype, or IRC) that has been making leaps and bounds within many gaming communities, the Smash community being no exception.

--------------------------------

What can it do?

Discord can allow you to chat with multiple people online with little lag between messages in real-time (as opposed to needing to refresh the page aka Reddit). There are different channels set up to help filter you through different types of discussion.

------------------------------

Why should I join?

You should join because it will allow you to interact with the premier competitive Olimar/Alph community in Super Smash Bros. 4. Multiple different Skype groups are actually currently converging into this single Discord chat. There are people dedicated to advancing the meta of Olimar/Alph on there and it is progressing very rapidly.

----------------------------------

What about this subreddit?

Don't worry, this subreddit is here to stay. While Discord is good for finding matches quickly and discussing theory in real-time, subreddits have the benefit of allowing the user to read older posts more-easily and give their input even if the conversation has already passed.

----------------------------------

How do I join?

Click here! (You will need to make an account if you haven't already done so for a different Discord)
This is moderated and there is a rule list that must be adhered to or you will be banned.

------------------------------------

If you have any other questions/concerns, don't hesitate to ask!

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Is this an actual thing, by that I mean does it already have members present? I ask because there is already a skype group that is active, and thriving. Not saying that they shouldn't join discord if they would like to, but just wondering if it is worth it.

Top Bottom