• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Mainers!

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Olimar Mainers! Will you main him just because you like the character? Or will you main him because he might be top tier? I usually main the characters i think are cool and usually are my favorite characters. Im definitely using Olimar even if he is low tier. What about you!?

IllidR

Smash Champion
I've been planning on maining Olimar since SSBB was announced. Quite frankly, I'd prefer if he was low tier but I'll main him either way simply because I love him and his games.

Kubba

Smash Cadet
definitely, maining him, he seems like barrels full of fun

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
I'LL MAIN HIM, BUT ONLY BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE THE NEXT MARTH AND I LOVE MARTH.

****, Olimar looks like a combination of my favorite characters in Melee (Peach, Pikachu, and Ice Climbers), so there's no way I can resist. I'm a sucker for any character who only uses minions to fight for him! I honestly hope that he is mid to low on the tier, because it just makes your victories that much sweeter. After playing him, I don't know if this is a possibility, but I will do what I can to make Pikmin & Olimar both a feared and a respected character!

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I am going to be very afraid of Olimar Mainers, and here's why:

I WOULDN'T main him because of the difficulty that seems to be involved choosing what to do and when. I am VERY indecisive, so having to choose between Pikmin and what attack I want to achieve on a moment's notice will be quite difficult.

That being said, I will have equal difficulty defending against it for the same reason. I won't know when the user will change strategies, and if they are good with him, I'll probably be toast... Well, I don't know, maybe he'll be far easier to manage than I actually think, but these are my first impressions based on limited information. I have seen some videos, but only SSE ones.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE his character. It's just so unique, so I'm going to do my absolute best to try and main him. I play decently with Mewtwo, and Olimar looks better than him, so I think I can do it.

AlbelsPanties

Smash Cadet
I'm planning on maining Olimar and Snake. I just can't possibly decide between them. I loved them both before getting announced for Brawl, but having them in is just that much sweeter.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I played as Olimar at my friend's house (He got hacked brawl) and I fell in love. He is just such a fun character to play as. He is without a doubt one of my mains. You basically use his pikmin throw a lot with a combination of smash attacks and ariels for victory. He's a greatly original character and I love him. I also like Lucas a lot.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
SSM: You're gonna have to go into a bit of detail on that one. >.>

I'm sure it will create a bit of tension to admit this amongst the Olimar fan club, but here goes: Olimar wasn't my top choice for a character. There were 3 other characters above him on my list (all of whome had zero to no chance of getting in (Dark Samus, Spyro, Dante)) and one tied with him (should have been a shoe-in (Krystal)). He was among my most desired list, and he did make the cut, so I'm sure to play as him.

If I chose not to play as him, it'd most certainly NOT be because he was bottom tier (I'd just beast everyone with him until he was top tier...and if I couldn't, I'd sit around and wait for Chu to do it), it'd be because he weren't no fun to play as (I'm a Samus main in Melee, so for you competitive players out there, you know I don't care about tiers (though I do respect and acknowledge their existance)) which, thankfully, does not seem to be the case.

So yeah, I'll either main or secondary Olimar from the looks of things.

IllidR

Smash Champion
SSM: You're gonna have to go into a bit of detail on that one. >.>

I'm sure it will create a bit of tension to admit this amongst the Olimar fan club, but here goes: Olimar wasn't my top choice for a character. There were 3 other characters above him on my list (all of whome had zero to no chance of getting in (Dark Samus, Spyro, Dante)) and one tied with him (should have been a shoe-in (Krystal)). He was among my most desired list, and he did make the cut, so I'm sure to play as him.

If I chose not to play as him, it'd most certainly NOT be because he was bottom tier (I'd just beast everyone with him until he was top tier...and if I couldn't, I'd sit around and wait for Chu to do it), it'd be because he weren't no fun to play as (I'm a Samus main in Melee, so for you competitive players out there, you know I don't care about tiers (though I do respect and acknowledge their existance)) which, thankfully, does not seem to be the case.

So yeah, I'll either main or secondary Olimar from the looks of things.
That surely is understandable. I had some top picks, but Olimar was at the top of my list. So some of your favorite characters didn't make it so you turned to Olimar, we Olimar supporters welcome you with open arms.

Just wondering, do you know if Chu has any intentions to play as Olimar because if he did then I'd be thrilled to see him in action.

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
Olimar looks hard to use very competitively, but I'm sure those truly dedicated to him will learn. ;)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That surely is understandable. I had some top picks, but Olimar was at the top of my list. So some of your favorite characters didn't make it so you turned to Olimar, we Olimar supporters welcome you with open arms.

Just wondering, do you know if Chu has any intentions to play as Olimar because if he did then I'd be thrilled to see him in action.
Thankies. =3 Glad to know I'm welcome.

Haha, no, I made that up. Chu can take low-tiers like ICs and Pika and play them unreasonably better than anyone else I've ever seen, so I figured that if anyone could play a low-tiered Olimar competitively, it would be Chu. I actually have no idea what Chu plans to do in regards to a Brawl main.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
MEEEEEE, i will main it.

I didn't think he was going to make it, but when the first rumors about him appeared, i liked it.

Also, i'm a huge fan of the pikmins games... i have beaten it like ten times (well, nine the first and one the second xD)

And i would main him even if he was the worst char. Throwing pikmin around 4 win.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Still maining him, along with Diddy, Wolf and maybe a few others.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Still maining him, along with Diddy, Wolf and maybe a few others.
No offence to you, but this is what angers me. Some people say they're going to main every character. The whole thing about choosing a main is it is the MAIN character you use, you can't have thirty-five mains! Pick one and stick with it, if you do use more than one then they are you secondaries.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
No offence to you, but this is what angers me. Some people say they're going to main every character. The whole thing about choosing a main is it is the MAIN character you use, you can't have thirty-five mains! Pick one and stick with it, if you do use more than one then they are you secondaries.
Im sorry that angers you, but I believe its more fun having a few rather than just one. I'm not quite sure right now, but i am considering these 3 characters: Captain Olimar, Lucario, and Yoshi. I mained Yoshi and Mewtwo in melee, so im trying Lucario and Yoshi this time. And i swore that if captain olimar ever made it in the next smash series, i would main him. Its fun to have a little bit variety and mix things up. DONT HATE ME :p

IllidR

Smash Champion
Im sorry that angers you, but I believe its more fun having a few rather than just one. I'm not quite sure right now, but i am considering these 3 characters: Captain Olimar, Lucario, and Yoshi. I mained Yoshi and Mewtwo in melee, so im trying Lucario and Yoshi this time. And i swore that if captain olimar ever made it in the next smash series, i would main him. Its fun to have a little bit variety and mix things up. DONT HATE ME :p
I'm not hating on the people as much as the wording. Sure you may play all of these people, but do you really main all of them if there are this many? Two-to-Three is probably my max for it to be considered maining.

coolnerd15

Smash Rookie
im definitely maining him, he is so fun to play with. but im playing him equally with king dedede which is also made of win

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

True dat. Welcome to the fold. *hug* :chuckle:

As Ive said many, MANY times before, hes my main, come rain, sleet, snow, or hail.. or Ike mains...

Pikmin was the defining game of the gamecube aside from Melee, it was a fantastic new idea that really had me playing for hours and hours.

THe Pikmin were awesome, it was sad to see them die (or drown en masse :( )

Olimar is by far my favorite character (or one of them) of all time. Him being in Brawl was the best thing that could ever happen. Him making it was the one thing that said to me "THis game is now perfect. Enjoy"

If I did NOT main him, it would be a tragedy.

Well... all that, AND he looks like hella fun, and the Pikmin are awesome as ever, they even say "here" when plucked, super-woot.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I'm maining P&O for several reasons. None of them involving tier level.

1. Throwing semi-sentient beings around for your personal vendetta = Awesome
2. Pet classes are awesome
3. A very unique moveset

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
It's my #1 Goal to be the best Olimar mainer in the world!! (Or at least close :p)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'm maining P&O for redemption... I'll never forget the first time I played Pikmin, I accidentally ran an army of 50 red pikmin into a pond of water and they all drowned.... All 50 pikmin ghosts went up in unison with a heart shattering cry..... And thats how I learned that red pikmin can't swim...

Actually, the moment I played Pikmin I thought Olimar was awesome, and I'll main him regardless of tier rank.

Vinceatorix

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking to main him or Lucario. With at least one decent attack that is easy to land, he should be incredible. With the Pikmin Cling(where they hold an enemy and leaf bash 'em.), I've heard he can do 100% in seven seconds. Land that decent move; your opponent is no longer in Kansas(U C WUT I DID THER?)... Taking all the pikmin with him/her? I hadn't thought of that. Maybe too serious of a knockback makes them fall off. Hm.

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
I will main Olimar! First of all, I love the Pikmin games. Second of all, I've heard he's quite good. And as an added bonus, it'd be nice to play as a character that most people probably won't. To be different.:)

The Loner

Smash Rookie
MEEEEEE, i will main it.

I didn't think he was going to make it, but when the first rumors about him appeared, i liked it.

Also, i'm a huge fan of the pikmins games... i have beaten it like ten times (well, nine the first and one the second xD)

And i would main him even if he was the worst char. Throwing pikmin around 4 win.
Wow can you read my mind that is exactly what I was going to say.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Just to preface, I really dislike when people talk about their "mains" because that implys thats the main character they play with in...the game that isn't out yet. Anyways, I've been wanting to main Oli since that fateful Dojo update, they could have made him a boring character with a 100% artificial moveset, but instead, they made him the most unique character in this game. My interest in him was egged on when they translated the Sakurai quote on Brawl Central "Pikmin and Olimar was designed for more advanced player." As a regular tournament attendee for melee, I was psyched that he had a character with us in mind. Now that I watch the videos and impressions to see that he's actually good I'm just pumped.

the gatherer

Smash Rookie
Lucario seems like he will be over played like sonic and meta knight, and since Olimar seems to have a small community of mainers he has become my new top choice. Of course my opinions are pending on which character play style I like the most. (Whoo Olimar looks promising) ^_^

TheSlyMoogle

Smash Rookie
I decided to main Olimar because I loved Pikmin, it was the first game I had for my Gamecube.

I also liked his play style, because it casually reminded me of a character from Guilty Gear.

I didn't make this decision until I actually played the game though.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Lucario seems like he will be over played like sonic and meta knight, and since Olimar seems to have a small community of mainers he has become my new top choice. Of course my opinions are pending on which character play style I like the most. (Whoo Olimar looks promising) ^_^
I'm not so sure about what you're saying. Olimar is actually turning out to be one of the characters with a lot of people planning on maining him. They're hearing he's both unique and good and now he's got a huge fanbase, we'll have to see what happens once the game comes out though.

RedBoo

Smash Rookie
I maining Olimar. Some people seem to want him low-tier where as others want him top-tier, i on the other hand dont care. He looks to be a character where you could have played him 6 hours straight and still be loving his play-style as if it were your first game ever with him.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I'm not so sure about what you're saying. Olimar is actually turning out to be one of the characters with a lot of people planning on maining him. They're hearing he's both unique and good and now he's got a huge fanbase, we'll have to see what happens once the game comes out though.
I think it will be as easy for people to get turned off by him as they were attracted to him.. or them rather. Sure the unique thing will take it's toll on the casual player but in the metagame, or if you just play against an experience player, they'll come to realize if they still want to stay with P&O or not. Not that many people like the pet classes, let alone handling 6 Pikmin while being VERY strategic in the middle of an all-out chaotic war. I think alot of people will find it very difficult being P&O when fighting the more experienced players, which will then turn them off from P&O. But yeah, I guess we'll see.

trueBLUE

Smash Cadet
Personally i love PikOli for his/their personality.

completely a creative idea, better than Pkmn Trainer (Red), and who seems like a formidable character.

Most definate: PikOli for the win.

TheGoodCaptain

Smash Rookie
there's a very good chance i'll be maining olimar, but i wouldn't say for sure until i've played the game. in melee, i had a top tier main and a low tier main, and i plan to do the same for brawl. i'm hoping that olimar is a low tier character, because then being an olimar main would be like being in an exlusive club.

Grodus5

Smash Rookie
He looks like a bunch of fun and looks like he will be low tier. I want to hurt noob's self estem (The ones that think its the character, not the skill of the player and that the more raw power you have the better) by beating them with a low tier character on wi-fi.

Top Bottom