• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Matchup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zori

Smash Champion
samus has a good camp game and zair is very useful and her dair is almost a legit approach and she can gimp us hard but its almost impossible to get us offstage without risking a lot

60:40

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Most samuses see it as 70-30 or 75-25 Olimar.

Are you guys camping enough? They those pikmin eat EVERYTHING samus has except zair and Olimar decimates us close combat no contest.

Fino

Smash Master
Most samuses see it as 70-30 or 75-25 Olimar.

Are you guys camping enough? They those pikmin eat EVERYTHING samus has except zair and Olimar decimates us close combat no contest.
whine moar plz. By most samuses you mean? I only know xyro (inb4namesearch)... him and I agree it's 60:40 to 65:35. Xyro also lives by zori, who I'm sure has given him dec oli exp.

Raffi815

Smash Cadet
Olimar scares me because he ***** R.O.B.
Dabuz is the best olimar I have fought and I rarely beat him!
I need to get better at this match up.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Olimar scares me because he ***** R.O.B.
Dabuz is the best olimar I have fought and I never beat him unless he uses secondaries!
I need to get better at this match up.
hey raffi, i saw your sentence was really messed up with a huge mistake in the content so i fixed it for you for free :3

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ummmmmm,so, we, should start discussing someone else amirite? im being forced to quit brawl so i wanna at least help people with one more matchup before i forget myself how to play them X_X

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, Im thinking we have enough input on the wario matchup. Maybe discuss some stages, but not much after that.

Important matchups we still have to discuss are Ice Climbers and Marth.

We also haven't discussed either Luigi or Peach.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, I'll start doing writeups for the characters we've discussed so far. Wish the wario discussion would have gotten a bit more activity but I guess that's all there is to discuss about it? >_> Not really much I could have done about it myself as I know nothing about the matchup.

So what matchup next?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'd love to hear something about Wolf. I don't know half of that match-up.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's a shame.
I change my vote to ZSS or ICs, then.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Hrm. D: I guess if you guys do Ice Climbers than Robert next~?
I guess I'm not really worried about Ice Climbers since I'll just use GnW. But, I wouldn't mind discussing them, either~
~ Cheater! Lol jk hmm I vote for robo.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, I've been waiting to do this for a long time, although I've put it off for quite a while, now.

I am not the person to run this thread. I am not good at managing this type of process, I am not good at writing summaries of matchups that I do not know extremely well. I am a gatherer of data, an analyzer, and a stage person. I am not good with organization unless it involves the creation of a chart. I have too much on my plate to keep this thread organized, updated, ran efficiently, and put forth what the community really needs of a matchup thread. I'm a major TO in my region, I'm still focusing on getting better in the game over all, I'm running other threads as well, and I just don't have the time. I originally took up this thread because DanGR was, at the time, unable to continue the job on his own, and there was a lack of experienced Olimars who are regulars in the community, knowledgeable in matchups, and that care enough about getting **** done. And I figured I would continue to run this thread until I found someone to pass the job on to.

After reading Zori's post in his Q&A thread, about his process he is going to be running for matchups in it, and seeing his want to build up the community, I decided to offer the job of running the matchup thread to him, and he accepted. To be honest (and I hope nobody is offended by this), there were only two or three players I would really be content with passing the thread off to (I'm really picky) and I'm glad zori stepped up to it. This thread may be closed for the time being. The matchups of Rob and/or Ice Climbers will not be discussed in our traditional manor. The discussion of Wario will continue as it has run.

However, we will need a basic thread for us to discuss matchups in a casual form. Matchup ratios (whether they be in ratios or simple "advantage/disadvantage" form) are important, and regular discussion of matchups, as well as questions many will have, need a place. So I may end up opening this thread back up as a base for that (assuming I close it in the first place), or create another thread for it, if Zori's thread does not cover that area as well (it probably will).

Wow, that was really long ^^;

TLDR: Hilt's bad at this thread, Zori's gonna do it cooler

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Alright, I've been waiting to do this for a long time, although I've put it off for quite a while, now.

I am not the person to run this thread. I am not good at managing this type of process, I am not good at writing summaries of matchups that I do not know extremely well. I am a gatherer of data, an analyzer, and a stage person. I am not good with organization unless it involves the creation of a chart. I have too much on my plate to keep this thread organized, updated, ran efficiently, and put forth what the community really needs of a matchup thread. I'm a major TO in my region, I'm still focusing on getting better in the game over all, I'm running other threads as well, and I just don't have the time. I originally took up this thread because DanGR was, at the time, unable to continue the job on his own, and there was a lack of experienced Olimars who are regulars in the community, knowledgeable in matchups, and that care enough about getting **** done. And I figured I would continue to run this thread until I found someone to pass the job on to.

After reading Zori's post in his Q&A thread, about his process he is going to be running for matchups in it, and seeing his want to build up the community, I decided to offer the job of running the matchup thread to him, and he accepted. To be honest (and I hope nobody is offended by this), there were only two or three players I would really be content with passing the thread off to (I'm really picky) and I'm glad zori stepped up to it. This thread may be closed for the time being. The matchups of Rob and/or Ice Climbers will not be discussed in our traditional manor. The discussion of Wario will continue as it has run.

However, we will need a basic thread for us to discuss matchups in a casual form. Matchup ratios (whether they be in ratios or simple "advantage/disadvantage" form) are important, and regular discussion of matchups, as well as questions many will have, need a place. So I may end up opening this thread back up as a base for that (assuming I close it in the first place), or create another thread for it, if Zori's thread does not cover that area as well (it probably will).

Wow, that was really long ^^;

TLDR: Hilt's bad at this thread, Zori's gonna do it cooler
You did okay for a dataman xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom