• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar vs Megaman

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
hard for me.
somenone can give me hints?

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Pivot grab a lot. Don't bother using much side-b, but try to snipe whites on him. Also watch out for his leaf shield approach, it's really rough to deal with as olimar.

Be very patient and wait for him to mess up. You can out-camp him, but again it's really tough. Try to stay mid-range and punish any mistakes he makes with grabs or white pikmin. If you have time and are across the stage, throw off 1 pikmin at a time and try to get more whites / purples. This matchup is a waiting game.

This is probably my hardest matchup right now. Megaman may be one of my official "counters" to olimar so far. Every other character I am able to beat quite consistently except sonic, because sonic has his brawl shenanigans still xD

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I gotta disagree Icy, camping Mega Man out is huge. You need to make him approach you so he can't sit back and throw projectiles.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Granted like stated above mega man is one of the hardest characters for olimar by no means is he a counter IMO becasue he simply isn't fast enough both the leaf shield and top spinner kill any pikmin leached to him so again like stated above you should focus on waiting for him to make a mistake.....or if your me just charge at him and try to knock him off screen using alph`s op recovery/aerials to take him out at lower percentages. The key thing to remember is that pikmin can block any projectile period and sense megaman has like a whole 3 physical attacks 90% of his attacks are blockable. And don't quote me becuase I'm not a hundred percent sure but sense mega man's u-smash and d-smash are fire and electricity based that when he tries to use them that's one of the only times you can pelt him with the correct pikmin type other.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Okay for the sake of not having a bunch of unnecessary threads let's not make anymore of these. Later today I will be making a central matchup thread.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
The problem with camping mega man out is the good ones do not try to camp you out. They try to approach with their leaf shield often, which is very very difficult to stop or do anything against. You can't pivot grab while shield is up, can't smash, can't really do anything except dodge it because it allows him a free follow up if you try. Plus he kills all of your pikmin if you try to camp him. It's just a giant waiting game. Wait for him to make a mistake, or for an opening to bait, and get as much damage in while you are able to be on the offensive.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
The problem with camping mega man out is the good ones do not try to camp you out. They try to approach with their leaf shield often, which is very very difficult to stop or do anything against. You can't pivot grab while shield is up, can't smash, can't really do anything except dodge it because it allows him a free follow up if you try. Plus he kills all of your pikmin if you try to camp him. It's just a giant waiting game. Wait for him to make a mistake, or for an opening to bait, and get as much damage in while you are able to be on the offensive.
Uhh what Megamans are you fighting? If they want to approach just wall them out with purples, run back, power shield leaf shield or jump above it. You've got plenty of options to get around Megaman.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
The non-projectile form of leaf shield. Also, I'm not sure about you, but I don't always have purples to just throw and run away and take my time doing what I want. I'm not talking about the average mega man, I'm talking about ones who actually know how to use his tools in ways that most people don't. I'll try and get a few vids next time I fight one :)

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I'm going to have to agree with myran with this one
I have never been put into a corner by megaman
Purple toss goes through most except saw
And if you happen to pick up his saw
You can camp him non stop lol
Captain is fast enough to run away from megaman for days

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
The non-projectile form of leaf shield. Also, I'm not sure about you, but I don't always have purples to just throw and run away and take my time doing what I want. I'm not talking about the average mega man, I'm talking about ones who actually know how to use his tools in ways that most people don't. I'll try and get a few vids next time I fight one :)
I don't fight random mega mans. I fight the ones who actually play in tournament. Also you have a guaranteed way to get purples. If you can't keep them that's something you should work on.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
Agree a good olimar player would have at least two purples and a blue in a line up
Unless you prefer to kill with red but I find purples better in place of a red
And yellow I just can't find useful at all
Whites are good for camping out big and slow characters

IcyLight

Smash Lord
How can you guaranteed get purples in this one? I didn't know there was such a thing o_o That will solve like half of the few problems I am running into lol

Also, I'm not talking about random megamans. I'm talking about ones that place top 3 in all of the northeast.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
How can you guaranteed get purples in this one? I didn't know there was such a thing o_o That will solve like half of the few problems I am running into lol

Also, I'm not talking about random megamans. I'm talking about ones that place top 3 in all of the northeast.
They're plucked in a set order...

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
A good MegaMan is indeed a tough matchup. I found that I had to go in aggressively because trying to outcamp him left me at a projectile deficit since he doesn't have to respawn his projectiles before using them.

Top Bottom