• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar vs. Olimar vs. Olimar vs. Olimar

MarkII

Smash Cadet
Just talking about Captain Olimar & Pikmin gets me more excited for this game! EXACTLY ONE MONTH UNTIL SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL IS RELEASED!!! :psycho:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well, he was just giving his opinion...and some decent support...and he's right, if the Pikmin are as sturdy as they are in their games, 5 wouldn't be enough...my guess is 10...but if the Pikmin can take some hits, 5 is fine...
This is sorta my point, I think they will be more durable.
If the 5 Pikmin are more durable than how they were in the Pikmin games I can understand the small number. But They were so easy to kill. It makes me think that one would continue to pick Pikmin and not getting the chance to attack, while the Pikmin are dying as fast as they are appearing.
As we all know Smash is a lot different from how the series really are. Olimar would not be in Smash if it wasn't different from Pikmin. Seeing as how the Pikmin in the Pikmin game are small, I can see reasons fro them being weak. With the resize though, I think they have gotten tougher and more durable than normal Pikmin, which is the reason for 5. If it's more, then good! I'll be happy. But look at it from my perspective and you'll see what I'm talking about.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, GO OLIMAR!!

I was talking about this to a friend. Maybe Olimar uses certain pikmin colors for certain attacks? Just a thought.

Geez...here comes an interesting thing to think about: What can be his final smash?? o___o

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
This is sorta my point, I think they will be more durable.

As we all know Smash is a lot different from how the series really are. Olimar would not be in Smash if it wasn't different from Pikmin. Seeing as how the Pikmin in the Pikmin game are small, I can see reasons fro them being weak. With the resize though, I think they have gotten tougher and more durable than normal Pikmin, which is the reason for 5. If it's more, then good! I'll be happy. But look at it from my perspective and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Alright!:chuckle: If they're more durable, that's cool.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I should think that if Pikmin are increased in size, they should be more durable. Of course small things will be weak, but if they grow bigger......

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Each Pikmin glows the color of their owner (P1 Red, P2 Blue e.c.t.).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I should think that if Pikmin are increased in size, they should be more durable. Of course small things will be weak, but if they grow bigger......
This brings up an interesting point. Can the Pikmin be affected by things such as Super Mushrooms? Hmm...

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
Maybe they didn't realize that and might take Olimar out.

I don't remember where, but I heard that ditto was to be in Melee(pokeball), but was taken out because there could be a maximum of 16 IC's on the stage. Might be the same reason for Olimar.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well, I've heard speculation that since the Pikmin can scatter other Olimar's might be able to pick them up with their whistle. This with the assumptions, that Olimar will be able to hold all of the Pikmin of his opponents means I will definitely be doing a FFA Olimar match, King of the Pikmin!

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman

I don't remember where, but I heard that ditto was to be in Melee(pokeball), but was taken out because there could be a maximum of 16 IC's on the stage. Might be the same reason for Olimar.
I hope you're seriously not thinking they would do that.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that Brawl is pretty much finalized seeing as how its coming out in japan in just a few weeks... so i doubt that Olimar will be taken out RIGHT after being confirmed lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Lol Ditto is not even close to being what Olimar is. Pokeball Pokemon are easily removed, before the game is finished. Characters are another story. He will not be removed, its foolish to think such a thing might happen at all.

Ditto would have been a very awkward pokemon, I have the Melee strategy guide, and I know what he was supposed to do. Mimic the summoner, and help him fight. This would have been very awkward.

Edit: Updates are also prepared 5 weeks in advance. If they had decided to take him out (Which would be ludicrous) before the game was finished (It's finished, too late for anything) then he would not have been announced yesterday.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is the most unique character to have graced Brawl. And People don't want him in. If it were up to those people they would take out other unique characters like Ice Climbers who also adds variety to Brawl.

People can be weird.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
sigh.. Why is it I believe that if the naysayers had their way, the whole game would be full of the extra characters from sonic games, like the many added in "sonic the hedgehog" for 360.

sigh.. Im very glad sakurai is in charge.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is a genius and has added to an already great game, everything that could make the fans happy... well almost everything.

Online play, In-depth Story mode, Lots of more characters, Stage Builder, Game recordings, and lots more.

VelvedJones

Smash Rookie
creativity in this game is great

but i think of it like this, if the pikmin can scatter, its more than likely olimar can have more than 5 because if they scatter all the time, how can you do any moves if the only 5 you have scatter?

and these are just the regular characters, think about what hes saving up his sleeve

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
He has his original beige color suit and then his alternate color swaps are red with black shoes (assuming his "dark form" for now), a bright yellow attire, and a cool silver looking one that looks like a real astronaut suit (in color anyway).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The one at the top looks like a bumblebee lol.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Ok first off you can have six Pikmin. Also one of his moves is his whistle so if any Pikmin are routed then they belong to whoever calls them(in theory of course). So it really doesn't matter which Pikmin are whose.

Top Bottom