• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omegablackmage's Mr. Game and Watch Guide

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
You may be able to catch a PKT near a Ness/Lucas on the ground if they go for the PKT2 and try to hit themselves with it. The bucket does have great range, and it wouldnt be too hard to pluck it in.

Sr. Juego y Reloj

Smash Apprentice
someone may or mat not have already posted this tactic, but i think it's worth a post. and some of you may already use this technique. but i think it's quite effective. well for me at least..

anywho, as you're running at your opponent (and still holding the side you're running), quickly press the jump button (i use X) and the A button quickly after to do the box move and a lot of the time it will connect and smash you're opponent. i know there's other variables to take into account, but it works for me most of the time. let me know what you think! and hope it's helpful to some of you! (:

p.s. timing is important, forgot to mention that. ^^"

Neb

Smash Lord
Hey Omega, could you create a resource section in the guide leading to external links for G&W? Such as Mr. Esc Bucket List, and my Projectile Defense guide; Just so good information doesn't get pushed out of view.

TheStig

Smash Lord
nice guide, i've been using mr. gay and watch more and I don't really use the forward b very often. is it good to use?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
lol, unless there is something in the guide that sounds like i don't know common english, or the wording doesn't make sense, im not gunna bother handing the guide over to an english major to fix it up.

Forward b has lots of priority and ***** snake's recovery and mk's tornado.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Well the Fair works on SSnakes recovery better and his dash attack bullies past the Mach Tornado. The side B is a nice gimmick, and it's not that far fetched to use it on Snake if he isnt killable by fair yet.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i name things however i want to, i don't really care what the official name of the move is, i think everyone gets the idea, especially considering i say what the input is and theres a picture...

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
It would be handy to let the ones who don't know in your guide that Judgment Hammer 9 breaks through Kirby's rock (and maybe others, I haven't tested it out yet), but this can be use as a new surprise and danger to Kirby players who tend to spam rock and just wait for the grab.

Neb

Smash Lord
@Blackmage
I agree, I personally don't have a problem with your names. I say they work nicely with the technique itself and its appearance. I think trumpet is better than naming it "mouth", lol.

Neb

Smash Lord
Imagine how gay it would sounds in general, lol.
Mouth them for awhile, then chain it into a u-smash!
xD

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
It would be handy to let the ones who don't know in your guide that Judgment Hammer 9 breaks through Kirby's rock (and maybe others, I haven't tested it out yet), but this can be use as a new surprise and danger to Kirby players who tend to spam rock and just wait for the grab.

I would tend to think that taking the chance on not getting a 9 hammer vs the ability to land a grab combo is a rather easy decision.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly, I think Donkey Kong is a 6/4 matchup.

Donkey Kong doesn't have very many kill moves that aren't telegraphed. His best three kill moves in these terms would be the U-air, the D-smash, and the Giant Punch. The Giant Punch has SA frames, but the range is kinda deceptively bad, and the attack needs to be charged before it can kill. The D-smash is reasonably fast, but easily punished. It's mainly the U-air you have to be careful about, since it's fast, has great range above DK, and is really strong, probably will kill you at like 110% or so if it's fresh.

But anyhow DK actually has quite a bit of trouble killing from what I've seen, so he isn't nearly as hard as some other matchups. I mean lol at DK being as hard as MK. MK is safer on block and has faster kill options overall.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
could you include knockback info and how much of it per move/potential, since I want to make a guide for "situational" combos/outcomes

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
is >b completly random or is there actually a way to get 9 alot b/c sometimes i swear it isnt random?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
!!! JUDGEMENT DISCOVERY !!!

In the air, you can judgement (side-b) and then QUICKLY flick the joystick the other way, and the hammer then hits in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION. charges up and hits on the same side!

try it! vids!

this would be sick for mindgames, liek.. running away from a metaknight's haxx, then jump, judgeme-OMG TURN AROUND 9

edit: works on the ground, and works with neutral b as well!

Neb

Smash Lord
!!! JUDGEMENT DISCOVERY !!!

In the air, you can judgement (side-b) and then QUICKLY flick the joystick the other way, and the hammer then hits in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION. charges up and hits on the same side!

try it! vids!

this would be sick for mindgames, liek.. running away from a metaknight's haxx, then jump, judgeme-OMG TURN AROUND 9

edit: works on the ground, and works with neutral b as well!
I'm pretty sure this is known, reverse Judge, correct?

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
* On the first pull of a stock, you cannot pull a 1 or a 2.
* On the second pull of a stock, you cannot pull a 1 or the last number you pulled.
* For third and subsequent pulls, you cannot pull either of the last two numbers pulled

Because these rules are in place, it is a very good idea to "buffer" or waste two hammers after pulling a 9 because you know that those two can't be a 9. The effects of the hammers are listed below:
------------------------------------------------------

can somebody explain this a little more to me plz

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure this is known, reverse Judge, correct?
Yes it is. You can also do it with Chef and Up B for a reverse trampoline if you want.

Most characters can do this with their B moves. If you QUICKLY change your direction has you hit B and wherever (like in the first few frames or so) you can reverse direction.

Also OBM: Dtilt will do more damage to a foe in the air compared to on the ground. Just a little morsel of advice you could put in the Dtilt section. :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Also OBM: Dtilt will do more damage to a foe in the air compared to on the ground. Just a little morsel of advice you could put in the Dtilt section. :)
correct, with the d-tilt inifinte on corneria wing, towards 120%, you d-tlit and they escape, get hi again in mid-air, which pushes them into the stage and they rebound off just in time for a sweetspot d-smash

it's sexy

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
I am going to ask this here since I dislike making new threads over one question. Any way I was wondering if anyone else dose this as well. Normally if I use a Down smash it and barley misses I follow it up right away with an F-smash. For some reason the F-Smash hits often, it seems after you use your D-smash most people move in quick for a grab or another way to punish the attack.

I know most people will say using a second D-smash is just as well but since it comes out so fast they can see it coming and avoid it a second time. Now I know F-samsh has more lag than D-smash but for some reason that little delay seems to throw people off making them commit to charging you right away. Since they will be in closer range it will also almost always sweetspot the smash plus it normally is a fresh move since it is rarley used compared to D-smash

So is this useful or just a mistake by the person?

randomdragoon

Smash Rookie
* On the first pull of a stock, you cannot pull a 1 or a 2.
* On the second pull of a stock, you cannot pull a 1 or the last number you pulled.
* For third and subsequent pulls, you cannot pull either of the last two numbers pulled

Because these rules are in place, it is a very good idea to "buffer" or waste two hammers after pulling a 9 because you know that those two can't be a 9. The effects of the hammers are listed below:
------------------------------------------------------

can somebody explain this a little more to me plz
Basically, when you pull a 9, you can't get a 9 for the next two times you use the move. So it's a good idea to use the move two times ("buffer") so you have a chance to get a 9 when it actually counts

Top Bottom