• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMFG pokemon trainer

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Maybe Ivysaur's ^B is Solar Beam, and when midar, the force of the blast propells him upwards(?), like the Hydro Pump idea.

Just a thought.

Florida

イーグランツ
I was just making rough ideas egrunts, so don't be too hard on me, lol. Your vine whip idea sounds good, but then what would be his B^? Seismic toss actually sounds like a better idea, but i'm pretty sure (not possitive) that Charizard learns Slash while he doesn't learn ST. I dunno tho, I'm not that huge of a pokemaniac.
If you're talking about the caps, I did that so my edit in the quote would stand out more >.>
As for Charizard's Seismic Toss, all I know is that he uses it in the anime, to own Blane's Magmar... heh.

Maybe Ivysaur's ^B is Solar Beam, and when midar, the force of the blast propells him upwards(?), like the Hydro Pump idea.

Just a thought.
I'd rather stick with Solar Beam being the regular "B" move. Wouldn't it be interesting though, if it ended up that Pokemon Trainer just recovers them back into their Pokeball, and then sends them up, forward, down, or sideways to a limit? (based off of the player's wanting)

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Thank christ they didnt use the shameful pokemon from the later generations.

ORIGINAL POKEMON FTW

GTFO. The originals are old, and boring type combos. My best team uses 2 from RBY, 2 from GSC, and two from DP. My second team uses the exact same combination, only different pokemon. I hate people who complain about the new generations.

That's actually a pretty good idea. It could be chargeable like Samus' B.
I think it would make more sense to be like Ganondorf, because you'd have to be more or less at full charge to use it. Solarbeam is more of an FS than a standard weak move. What about Energy Ball?

Florida

イーグランツ
GTFO. The originals are old, and boring type combos. My best team uses 2 from RBY, 2 from GSC, and two from DP. My second team uses the exact same combination, only different pokemon. I hate people who complain about the new generations.

I think it would make more sense to be like Ganondorf, because you'd have to be more or less at full charge to use it. Solarbeam is more of an FS than a standard weak move. What about Energy Ball?
Or Solar Beam could work similar to the Wario Waft. Solar Beam receives energy from the sun, and takes a while to fully charge. But then there'll be the debate about how "unrealistic the game is, Ivysaur charges solar beam while at a stage where they are inside?!" etc.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Its gonna be wierd playing as this guy in the Subspace Emissary....... Maybe in the parts that you dont fight and just platform you DO play as the trainer, or he just somehow floats in the background or runs in the background or something........

Croco

Smash Lord
My guess for moving background stages is that he appears next to the damage percentage counter.
Or he could appear on a floating platform..

Dynamism

Smash Lord

Just a thought.
I think the "vine whip" is good enough but she can controll the direction they go. HIM?!?!?WTF?!?!? I thought it was a SHE!?!?!

Or Solar Beam could work similar to the Wario Waft. Solar Beam receives energy from the sun, and takes a while to fully charge. But then there'll be the debate about how "unrealistic the game is, Ivysaur charges solar beam while at a stage where they are inside?!" etc.
lol, but it would make sense for the most part...

Its gonna be wierd playing as this guy in the Subspace Emissary....... Maybe in the parts that you dont fight and just platform you DO play as the trainer, or he just somehow floats in the background or runs in the background or something........
that'll be weird for sure...probably not...They made a PT work when I joked about it for ALL OF TIME PLAYING MELEE so I don't ****ing know!?!?!?!

nuro

Smash Lord
The creators can be pretty unpredictable. I like it. :laugh:

I think that the trainer will pull out a flying Pokemon and hop on its back for when the stage moves around. I sure hope that they allow you to switch out and in each of the three Pokemon FAST. I don't want to have to go through the Zelda/Sheik problem again.

I can bet that Ivasaur will use his vinewhip like Link's hookshot to get back on. Charizard will have multiple jumps when he flys but no up-b. And squirtle will have some sort of up-b attack to get back on. Thus making you switch between all of them to unleash their full potential. And at the same time if one of them faints on you that can ruin your recovery thus giving you a weakness to your awsome flexibility powers. This kind of reminds me of Ice Climbers... their weakness is to take out the partner first. Maybe the creators will do something like this but whatever..

Btw, I am pretty happy since my second favorite pokemon (Charizard) got in.

My first favorite is Scyther of course...

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
I can imagine pikachu introduction in the adventure mode. On a mountain we see Red who walks with Pikachu on his shoulder. Then Pikachu point at the sky and we see the halberd. Then red say "WTF?", he send out his three pokémon and hide in a bush crying, while Squirtle putting on his sunglasses and pointing the halberd while Pika and ivy jump on charizard's back and fly to save the world.
Then the pokèdex shout "WTF are you doing?!?!?" XDDDD

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I can imagine pikachu introduction in the adventure mode. On a mountain we see Red who walks with Pikachu on his shoulder. Then Pikachu point at the sky and we see the halberd. Then red say "WTF?", he send out his three pokémon and hide in a bush crying, while Squirtle putting on his sunglasses and pointing the halberd while Pika and ivy jump on charizard's back and fly to save the world.
Then the pokèdex shout "WTF are you doing?!?!?" XDDDD
That would be good,very funny,and easy to imagine. Bravo. :grin:

Loranga

Smash Rookie
this was so unpredictable, nicest update ever, will be very interesting fighting with/against PT, wonder how they will do squirtles third jump. just like bowsers spin? or some sort of water attack pushing him upwards.

Eaode

Smash Champion
copied from other thread
Eaode said:
Here my Take on the Stamina Thing:

When you start out, the pokemon has full stamina. Over time, let's say 2.5 minutes, the stamina gradually decreases even if you're not doing anything. (we'll say stamina goes from 0 to 150, so 1 stamina point every second)

Now, when your pokemon takes damage, they will lose additional stamina points, depending on the attack they're hit with. When their stamina gets low enough, they move slower, maybe have more lag, a little less power, etc. Then you are forced to switch them out. This way it works like the Magic Armor in TP, it drains constantly at a slow rate, and additionally if you're hit.

But when you switch the next pokemon out, let's say you lose 10 stamina points for your new pokemon right off the bat. But now let's say you hate Ivysaur, and you want to get Charizard right after Squirtle, so you change again immediately. If you change the pokemon within 20 seconds of the previous change, that next Pokemon loses 10 stamina points plus an additional 5 stamina points, 15. If you change again within 20 seconds of that last change, you lose 15 points + 5, and so on. If you keep switching, you pokemon will become increasingly tired straight out of the pokeball.

When the pokemon aren't in battle, they would heal 3 times as fast. So they'd be completely healthy in 50 seconds or less. But if you keep switching, they don't ave much time to rest and are losing more stamina points by the quick swapping.

That's how I think it should work.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else had a laugh when thinking of Squirtle meteor-killing-Footstool-Jumping Bowser/Charizard?

knightpal

Smash Rookie
I cAN IMAGINE all three of those pokemon in adventure mode as well, as pokemon trainer teaming up wid pikachu and jigglypuff etc. You should really see the mario, kirby, zelda and peach teaming up, it's awesome.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Im goning to make an anaylsis tis going to be pwnsome.
But really a trainer can carry 6 pokemon, as a brawl move id like to see Red throwout Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard and all of them use there hyper beam moves. (I know the first 2 cant use it but if Chickorita and Totidile can then they should be able too). But anyways, From that attack they are out of energy so he switches his team and alternates between
Pichu-> Swellow/Kecleon/Blaziken-> Lucario/Munchlax

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Yeah! We can now have a 4 player pokemon battle, Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, yeah!!!

pokemon battle, FTW. And it would really look like a pokemon battle too, with the Pokémon Trainers in the back and all. But it's a bit sad on Pikachu, no Trainer for him. :(

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I think Pikachu could work if it's portrayed as a Pikachu from the Mystery Dungeon universe, where humans essentially don't exist. They're not entirely unheard of, though; otherwise, at the intro, your partner would have said something along the lines of "what's a human?" instead of "you don't look like a human. In fact, there aren't any humans around here!"

EDIT: Can anybody think up what this guy's Final Smash would be?!?

Azelf

Smash Cadet
I've always hoped that you could fight as Charizard when I first started unlocking characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and apparently my dream has come true!

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, im not sure how I feel about PT. Im keeping an open mind because I would have thought that the IC's were a dumb idea, but I really enjoy using them. I am a little worried however because of the pre-set order in how you go from one character to the next, and how exactly will you KNOW when one has been out too long? Will its damage decrease? Will it take MORE damage? Slower? So many possibilities, and so many different ways that it could turn out either broken or terrible. But, im hoping that Sakurai will throw everything together the correct way (which he normally does). This update has definetly been the biggest head turner IMO.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
So... I got an interesting idea, this "Pokemon Trainer" IS in fact Red from the R/B/FR/LG versions and the Manga.

Seeing as the strongest Pokemon you could get in the original versions was Mewtwo, and Mewtwo is a close friend of Red in the Manga; I think its reasonable to say that Red's Final Smash could possibly be calling Mewtwo for help (he has done it before in the Manga, when Red faced Deoxys) and have him be as a 4rth Team Member.

Mewtwo of course would be extremely powerfull, fast and deadly (I mean, c'mon hes would be in the same leage as Giga Bowser, a roman Goddess and her army, etc)

So... do you think Red's FS could be Mewtwo?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm just pissed because all those people who supported the "Red the Trainer for a Playable Character" thread over the past 2 years are laughing in our faces right now.
True. This will surely give the Nsiders more of a leg up. I can't wait to see the roster to shove all the Daisy and Capt. Syrup idiots.....

I think this character is going to be good fun. I'm hoping they give the trainer something to do though. like he moves around the arena, watching the pokemon, rather then being stationary.

Also, as for stanima, I assum they'll become gradually slower. Something around those lines.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
well he issues commands and such, but yeah hopefully he runs around the sides with the pokemon if they move right and left. yeah they will probably get slower, or even start up a different animation. Like physically looking tired

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm just pissed because all those people who supported the "Red the Trainer for a Playable Character" thread over the past 2 years are laughing in our faces right now.
I think it's hilarious that their theories turned out to be correct. They deserve to laugh at the faces of people, who laughed at their faces to begin with.

So... I got an interesting idea, this "Pokemon Trainer" IS in fact Red from the R/B/FR/LG versions and the Manga.

Seeing as the strongest Pokemon you could get in the original versions was Mewtwo, and Mewtwo is a close friend of Red in the Manga; I think its reasonable to say that Red's Final Smash could possibly be calling Mewtwo for help (he has done it before in the Manga, when Red faced Deoxys) and have him be as a 4rth Team Member.

Mewtwo of course would be extremely powerfull, fast and deadly (I mean, c'mon hes would be in the same leage as Giga Bowser, a roman Goddess and her army, etc)

So... do you think Red's FS could be Mewtwo?
Seems like an interesting theory, and not just a fantasy concept. I was thinking though, what if the Final Smash changed based of what Pokémon you were currently using? Squirtle, he puts on his sunglasses and the Squirtle Squad comes and start banging against the opponents, etc.? An interesting thought.

well he issues commands and such, but yeah hopefully he runs around the sides with the pokemon if they move right and left. yeah they will probably get slower, or even start up a different animation. Like physically looking tired
Sakurai did well this time around, this is how the Sheik transformation function is meant to be! You're almost forced to switch between the Pokémon, so Pokémon trainer will probably end up being a hard character to master. But a fun and unique one at that.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
It's just funny though. Out of one in a million chance of making it (like most of us said), Red suddenly appears! It's like the ultimate smack in the face! LOL

Btw, have everyone checked the first 19 pages of the Red disscussion thread at the character topic? Read the posts and you are sure to get a chuckle!

*a quality post with the Wii*

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Does anybody not like the idea of stamina? What if you only like playing as one of the Pokemon? It kind of ruins the idea of maining say just Squirtle. I don't think they should FORCE you to switch. And what if you wanna switch from squirtle to charizard? Would it be bad for Ivysaur if you switch past him, because it is "Bad to switch often?" I hope the stamina part doesn't ruin the fun of him. I mean, none of the other characters have this.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I hope to God Pokemon Trainer is BOTTOM tier.
Because you're one of those people who thinks he's too "mature" for pokemon? Lame.

Does anybody not like the idea of stamina? What if you only like playing as one of the Pokemon? It kind of ruins the idea of maining say just Squirtle. I don't think they should FORCE you to switch. And what if you wanna switch from squirtle to charizard? Would it be bad for Ivysaur if you switch past him, because it is "Bad to switch often?" I hope the stamina part doesn't ruin the fun of him. I mean, none of the other characters have this.
I like the stamina thing because it does eliminate the possibility of another Sheik problem. If you really like using Squirtle, then you're just gonna have to deal with Ivysaur and Charizard. That's one of PT's cons. Ideally though, all the pokemon will be useful anyway.

Top Bottom