• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omg! Marth!

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I have the toughest time with him, he's just too fast and powerful! He owns my charizard, my squirtle can hang and im too scared to see what he can do with ivysaur, any strategies?

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Ivysaur should be useful, you can projectile spam with Razor Leaf and your Bair can beat his Fair if spaced correctly. I find it difficult to land a final blow on him with Ivy, though.

I think Charizard has the best match-up of the three versus Marth. Flamethrower hurts any sword-user, but I have a good time versus him. Maybe just me.

Squirtle is out-ranged, so I wouldn't use him too much. He dies very quickly, too.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
squirtle needs mindgames to the max,
ivy needs to never get closer than necessary,
and i'm not qualified to speak on charizard.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
dont use squirtle, hes got a lot of trouble against marth, ivysaur is a good idea because of his razor leaves and the fact that his vines compete very well with marths sword in range, and with charizard jus perfect shield to grab, ftilit and dtilit alos work well because they are like marths tippers so you can fight fire with fire

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Charizard: Grab/Shield Grab a lot (range is insane) and use down/F tilts a lot (good range and comes out fast). Also, if you can, use jabs with the tilts like jab press down to cancel then D tilt then jab etc...

Ivysaur: Short hop fast fall B air to F tilt, razor leaf for him to approach, if you can try to get a down throw to up air at an early percent. I think D tilt is nice in that it comes out fast and ends fast (gives good knockback too) so that could be used to pressure at some time.

Squirtle: Mass aerial spam attacks. F tilt to 3 jabs for a little dmg at early percent. D tilt is really low so you might be able to dodge an attack and still hit him. If you don't like switching out Squirtle for someone who has an easier time killing someone, then give as much dmg as possible to Marth and end it with a D throw.

These tips helped out some for me but even I have troubles with Marth-

Zacke

Smash Cadet
I can't do anything with Marth's fair. Charizard is too slow to attack and Ivysaur is the same. However, with Squirtle, I can build up damage and kill. Wierd :p

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Marth is one of the easier matches with PT, in my opinion. Ivy's Bair can out-space his Fair. Maybe people just aren't comfortable enough with Ivysaur to let it do that, but Razor Leaf makes Marth attack you, which is excellent for Ivysaur.

By the way, Charizard does great, in my opinion. Marth has a very gimpable recovery, and Charizard has some good spacing attacks. Use Dtilt as a surprise and to show him he's not the only one with a good one. =P

I still think Squirtle has trouble with this match-up. I rarely if ever use him. Maybe just to grab for the final kill Charizard couldn't get, or something.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Yeah aginsst squirtle is in trouble, marth has a very good aerial game and overranges him, also if you try to attack him with aerials will hes on the gorund you will regret, his fsmash hirts so much the little turtle...., ivysaur has a slight adantage because marth cant do much against razor leaf, and the vines give her the range to fight marth pretty well, also the fair helps a lot. But who is better against marth is charizard, he take advantage of the situations marth does too( relatively far from the foe, i mean, tippers) , but he also has a good recovery, heavy weight, flamethrower and a very good grab range that really destroys marth

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Ivy & Zard well perform the best in this match up. Ivy can play in the man-womans range and make it throw its sword in a hissy fit. U really wanna abuse the bair in this match for keep away purposes it out ranges all of his attacks if spaced properly of course. Zard will want to abuse the blessed tilts we has but will still be a disadvantage because for Martha's sword reach. So play smart but make sure not to get too defensive. Poor squirtle has it bad in this fight with a huge reliance of short range aerial attacks Marta can swat u around like a fly til he's ready to KO you.

Bust remember that Martha's recovery isn't as one dimensional with him having access to his up b & this momentum carrying thing it does with its sheild breaker (sorry i don't know the name of this technique). So edge guard with caution.

Just remember to mix it up with the attacks & put the mindgames on max something we PTs have over the other characters. And beware of the counter, I don't even want to think of the damage Charizard would take if his side b was countered :(

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
yeah charizard gets hurted very bad if his sideb is countered by marth, i know it very good, it has hapened to me :( against my friend who uses marth and uses a lot his downb(altough i was the one woh tought him to, back on our marth vs roy fights in melee XD) , but you can use that on your favor, because when marth counters is open for a free grab, and i love doing that with charizard

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
Don't use Squirtle, he'll get *****.

Ivy, use razor leaf to close distance, then use bair, get inside and use Utilt, Nair, then set up a perfect seed.

Charizard, shield grabbing, flamethrower, and rock smash for defense.

Top Bottom