• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omg my best accomplishment ever!!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm assuming we've talked to the mods by this point, but regardless I wanted the boards to know that I have done something I've wanted to do in Brawl very badly for a while now.

I beat Ali(I've Jihad it on the boards) in a tournament set. Not once, but twice.

I'd like to share the experiecne with you, so watch and enjoy.

note: I do not play like a NEO or anything I know, but I have improved since my last bout with Ali, and will continue to do so.

I'll post these in the video critique thread, so no need for critiques here either, just general comments or flames or whatever.

Too much talking, needs more vids!

Set 1 (Winners Finals):

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzUpsAj9SYU
Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgsiJ2CrFBA
Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zEwle4CdfU

Set 2 (Grand Finals):

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRthPMnk6A
Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaJzJN49R0k
Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7J-WpCYRfU
Round 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFLSlj0f6co

∫unk

Smash Master
Wow you completely outplayed him and... have you not used DS on him before he seemed to play as if he's never had a Marth abuse it.

Good ****

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Nice Marth, holy crap man. That's a horribly good Marth, glad to see you win. It's like you were reading his mind, you knew everything he was gonna do when he did it. Congrats, Dr. P

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wow you completely outplayed him and... have you not used DS on him before he seemed to play as if he's never had a Marth abuse it.

Good ****
His only Marth practice is me, and I haven't implemented DS into my game very effectively until this tournament. He got soooo pissed at me lol.

Thanks everyone who's posted. It measn alot.

dlen06

Smash Apprentice
Great spacing and approaches. maybe some spot dodge though?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I really don't like Marth's spotdodge, and I'm pretty sure it's one of the worst spotdodges in the game.

Besides, I think there's usually a better option for Marth than spotdodge. That's just me.

Binx

Smash Master
Nice smash DI against snakes Nairs, I don't think either of you grab enough though, but hey what can I say you'd prolly both be able to beat me =)

∫unk

Smash Master
His only Marth practice is me, and I haven't implemented DS into my game very effectively until this tournament. He got soooo pissed at me lol.

Thanks everyone who's posted. It measn alot.
Yeah using DS effectively jumped my game from barely losing to 2-3 stocking people.

It's too good. Makes them scared to hit your shield LOL

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Binx, I just fail at grabbing, so I try to play around it...one of the things I should work out lol.

True Junk, Up-B OOS is so ****. Made this whole matchup for me pretty much lol.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Yeah using DS effectively jumped my game from barely losing to 2-3 stocking people.

It's too good. Makes them scared to hit your shield LOL
This is all jokes aside people.

Btw, DB turns tides, it can reset a lot of situations, look for them slip up.

Try to use DB to juggle more next time, good Marth Dr.PP =P

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Is it just me or Ali doesn't abuse Snake's grabs as much as other Snakes do?

Another question is, I saw you did the SHFF Fair to DS like Roy_R on Battlefield. Usually my luck with stuff is that I'd get ***** if I ever tried that.

It only works if the shield is slightly exposed or the foe tries to retaliate...right?

Or am I missing something? All I know is that if you're below the top BF platform and you do it, you're mostly safe.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ali is very defensive. Much more so than any other Snake I've seen. He knows I won't get close to him, so he decides to do more Grenade and C4 tricks instead (he knows quite a few of them too). Not entirely sure if it benefits him, but I don't really understand how to play Snake, so I could be wrong in assuming that it isn't very wrong...

My reasoning for it is to punish shieldgrab attempts or shield drop retaliations.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet lol.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Really good stuff man. Also yeah, that Snake plays really different, but in a good way. I only seen one vid so far but Im gonna continue watching.

More to say when I finish. ^^

Binx

Smash Master
The snake definitely needs to grab more, thats the biggest hole in his game that I saw, also he shouldn't be using his Nikita, it never worked out for him at all, the best it did was give up space and at the worst it occasionally got him hit for no reason, there were also a few times where he was predictable with nades, don't get me wrong he is good, but there are a couple times where he lays a grenade then moves and chucks another grenade, and if he would have tilted or walked forward a bit and tried for grabs he might have done better.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Binx, he had quite a few finger slips in our matches. Not johnning for him, but it may be that he meant to do some of those things instead. I'll relay your advice to him though as he doesn't check anywhere on the boards other than the regional zones and the Snake boards on occasion.

What I'm saying is: Thanks. Now he's gonna be a pain again lol.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Very good, you certainly a great Marth.
Though I think you should use a counter once and a while, besides that nothing really seemed wrong.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Now if only we could DS out of that ****ed Ftilt :chuckle:

Good stuff though, I just finished watching the first set. Really the biggest thing I noticed was that you weren't juggling him with uairs as much as you could when you had the chances, he kept slipping out of range by using b reversed grenades and C4s. I figure next time he'll play more carefully around your DS, and you'll be ready for him when he's in the air.

KramCAKEs

Smash Rookie
Good stuff man i generally like this matchup a lot, was the nikita use just because he messed up on pivoting the nade? Meh probably i've seen it happen a lot...does ds=downsmash? sorry i just started using smashboards lol if it is its good against snake just cause they typically roll a lot I.E roll behind u to ftilt etc.

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
ali has yet to post here lol.

but i went to one of the GE tournaments tonight and whitness the sheer awesome that is Ali. so the fact that you beat him as well as you did. makes me shiver.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Doubt he will (he doesn't look in any forum other than Atl South and Snake that I know of), but thanks =p.

I'm currently working on a way to beat him with a more effective style (you know, what I should've done), so we'll see if I can widen my winning margins by the next time some tournament videos come out.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Nice work PP. Now I have to go improve even MORE to keep you from getting better than me.

Welcome to the better half of Marths. We have Dolphin Slash, lol. DPFTW!
Peepee gives out DP FTW. That sounds so inappropriate. :laugh:

I actually learned a lot from watching you fight, in terms of the match up with Snake. I'm so defensive when I play, and spacing is my main focus of fighting, so I always tip with attacks. I never really thought of abusing non tipper attacks the way you did. Shuffle Fair to Dolphin Slash worked well too, although it would depend on your opponent. You also confirmed some theories I had on the match up, as I rarely play a good Snake with my Marth.

Good stuff man.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thank you both very much. I know that many things could be better, but I'm glad I've given you some insight into the matchup.

Just trying to rep Marth to the best of my abilities.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Delicious, simply delicious. Seeing you put the pressure on Ali while he couldnt react made me laugh. Its nice to see god-tier characters on the run. As for reccomendations 1) moar u-throw 2) use DB up more and 3) work on juggle traps. All things aside your marth is excelent.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Good stuff man i generally like this matchup a lot, was the nikita use just because he messed up on pivoting the nade? Meh probably i've seen it happen a lot...does ds=downsmash? sorry i just started using smashboards lol if it is its good against snake just cause they typically roll a lot I.E roll behind u to ftilt etc.
DS= Dolphin slash (marth's up b)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Dolphin Slash everything lol. Good **** peepee. It seems like you guys spend the second half of every game on your last stocks. Next time you should speed it up a little so that we can friendly.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
You made a god tier character on the run. Ali couldn't react.

amazing.

you could use u-throw to juggle traps though. snake gets ***** against them.

besides that, your marth was perfect. :)

Top Bottom