• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omg

Veng

Smash Ace
Alright characters DONT MATTER. Obviously ken could own me with yoshi or with meta knight or ike or marth.

What the hell makes up a good player? so earlier this month I asked, do you still SHFFL? short hop fast fall ( except not l cancel ) and I was told no becasue that stuff doesnt work anymore....

So what the hell makes up a good player? obviously they hav emore skiill beyond using a certain characters potential.. but what the eff..

Veng

Smash Ace
In other words what im saying is.

Is it just being good at dodging and going in for hits or is there any "techniques" AKA advanced how to play for brawl.. like fastfall short hop etc.. obviously i short hop but i never could ge tthe hang of fastfall u nless i was way in the air it was obvious

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
I think you could look at char guides and they tell you techs to use to make yourself better.

EDIT: But it does help to work on those particular techs to work with learning it.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Another important thing is how good a player is at predicting what their opponent will do, it's part of dodging and knowing when to go in for a hit and when to hold back, in some characters it's alot more apparent (characters with very little priority or very strong but slower hits like captain falcon or ike)

Iraku

Smash Cadet
Player skill does matter, but you cannot deny that some characters have advantages over other characters that will be there no matter how good the person is.

Also, any known techniques would be either in the boards for the characters or the Brawl Tactical Discussion board. Dunno what is considered "advanced" now though.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, to me it seems that what sets Pros and n00bs apart is that there is no '0' in Pro, no 'b', and no 'n'.
The 's' is the only thing tying pros and n00bs together.
That 's', my friends, is sakurai's epic failure (SEF for short) in tripping and the removal of wavedashing and L-canceling (SEFTRWL for short).

Top Bottom