• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
GHEB NOOOOOOO, ur 059 icon ruined Grewards profile page, DAMMIT U POST THAT IN EVERYTHING!!

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've always loved Arcanine. Back in the day when I still played Pokemon competitively I always tried to implement it into my teams [on NetBattle] but it just sucked so much, that you just couldn't use it -.-

Is it any good now?

Staco

Smash Champion
In Star Wars some people call Anakyn Any and so I thought about also calling Anaky that way. xD

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Extremespeed.

Is so garbage.

It was the only reason I leveled the **** thing, I called him after my dog. When he finally got the move, I released him out of frustration.

Laem

Smash Champion
i never really understood the point of releasing
or do ppl actually fill their entire box (if yes, WHY?!?)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Tbh he makes a good statement. Staco you made this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292419

Let's discuss the content in the social thread 'cause this is where the cool people hang out.

I'm in favor of going all Japanese and use just the 3 basic starters, with stagestriking every round (read: we spam Smashville and mass upload pro matches on it so that Americans go cut themselves).

Not even kidding there, adjusting the thread title...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah I'd be OK with only SV, BF and FD and we just strike for all matches of the set. No dumb DSR or stage ban rules needed to make things complicated and we just continue to play the way we've always been. In fact, the people who go to "my" local tourneys literally only pick these 3 stages, nobody strikes because we always start on SV and nobody bans a stage cuz nobody counterpicks. So I think I'm just removing all unneeded stuff to keep the ruleset short and to the point.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Cutting rulesets because nobody counterpicks? Whaaaat? Come on, at least give people the options to do so. Of course some stages are going to be more popular than the others, but that doesn't have to mean you have to take them away. :l

Why do you want a change anyway? I thought the ruleset was acceptable enough?

:052:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm not saying I am demanding a change, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind seeing it happen :)

"people" was right.
Honestly, it's quite a minority to my knowledge, especially among the better placing players.

Advantages of a 3-stage stagelist:
- Simplifies the game and makes it more accessible to newer players
- ADDS to competition as well as balance
- Reduces controversy about stage legality issues

Disadvantages:
- Please do note them

Admittedly, I'm aware that people would disagree to what I just noted. I'd like to see a convincing appeal though :)

Staco

Smash Champion
Its not a minority.
Your not just watching at all of the matches.
I could give you a lot of examples.

Watch Ally Gluto.
Kaos vs. any1 he looses 1 match.
LP vs. Ramin.
Greward vs. Leon.
And much more.

If you just watch top 5 sets of BBI at least 1 counterpick (which is no neutral stage) was used in every set. (except Ramin vs. Kaos, cause Kaos won 2:0?)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
All I remember from Glut vs Ally was that Glutonny always CPed Smashville.

Grew CPed Lylat, neutral CP is neutral.

Let's take a look at all the BiB matches: LINK

BBI: LINK

Not a tenth of those matches is on something thats not BF, FD or SV lol

Where u @

Staco

Smash Champion
Ur horrible at maths.
Also you have to put out a lot of the neutral matches, because they were the first match of the set, which is always on a neutral.

Top Bottom