• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On vertical spacing, bubbles & the second-most-punishing character (European Social)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Got the update from C.J. of the Marth boards:
Leon 2-0'd everybody in his pool except kid Goggles, which went 2-1
Deltacod got 2nd seed.

Cross-referencing these twitter updates, brb
http://twitter.com/chaosmarth

telu drowned, Wedge (sonic) got 1st and Logic (olimar) 2nd
Blubo drowned, Cable (Donkey Kong) got 1st and Xaltis (MK/Falco) got 2nd
Neath got 2nd, Jash (Toon Link that replaced Ninjalink) got 1st
Tysk drowned, ESAM (Pikachu) got first and almo (Marth) got 2nd
LEFFEN drowned, Fatal (Snake) got first, M@V (Fox/Falco?) got 2nd

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Glad to hear Nassim made it as 1st seed! I wonder if his confidence is back to where it was during his best days but with such a solid success he should be feeling good. He can make it far I think.

:059:

Laem

Smash Champion
What about kunaiiii did he actually beat tearbear xD?

Anyway Gheb i was wondering y u no in smashEU chat

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Does anybody have a way to contact Gluttony for me? I got some business for the guy.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Most of the frenchies who read swf often are still in america so it may take a while for them to answer.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316876 tourney in spain with the venue open for more than a week (free stay if you are ooc). It's in canarias so although it can be expensive if you manage to get a good deal its quite worth it since its an awesome place for tourism, beach, parties, etc.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Woot? Most of the german tournaments are posted & advertised here too.
And there are quite a lot german people on SWF compared to other countries.
And most of us have an account on SWF at least (Even though not everyone is active here)
Of course not everyone uses SWF, but its WAAAAY more than the french people :O

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah if you want to get in touch with anyone from the Dutch or German communities there are always a couple of people from SWF you can ask their MSN/email/phone# from. With France it's like: uuuh Arnaud? No? Uuuuh, Leon? Can't find his contact details on SWF! Oh. Uuuh, whatever.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Every Frenchie should be there AND here... -.-"
You should advertise SWF more on your french sites x'D

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hey Akuma I said I'd do it so here it is : next one day long tourney in Paris is on feb 18th.
http://translate.google.fr/translat...om/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2904#p2904&act=url
hehe, too bad I have exams just the week after it, and I need that time to learn :/
So I will VERY likely not go :s
I think I wouldnt go anyway, because you know... 1 day..., why arent there longer tournaments in France ._.? Is it SO hard to get venues that allow longer, or what is the problem :S

But thx for sharing it ^^
Maybe some people like Ramin consider to go nevertheless :p

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's much harder to run a 2-day tournament, as it effectively doubles venue costs and most venues don't let people stay the night (for some reason they seem more lax about it in Germany).

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Spain people are so used to 2 days or more events (actually it usually is like 3-5 with the rest of the days for freeplays, MMs and random games. Getting a venue where people can stay overnight is the best thing a TO can do to attract Spanish smashers. TSL4 was a blast because of this, 5 days of smash with a lot of the international community for the first time was epic. We had never had that before here but we started copying that and outside of locals and tournaments hosted by some orgs, everything is like that.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I don't understand how you can rent a venue for 5 days without charging a ridiculous venue fee for your 40 participants.

I pay 350 euros for a venue from 11:00-23:00. €7,50 p.p. barely cuts that. 5 days would be something like 2000 euros (assuming the night is really cheap), that's like 50 bucks per person O_o

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
We've never paid more than 10 (and that is rare) outside of ñGamers where we rented houses that were like 1000 euros for a week to play and stay over night there. Don't remember how much that was but we were like 16 per house so not that much.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
I've applied for several schools in Spain. Are there any good smashers around Alicante or at the Canary Islands?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
BiB location is pretty cheap.

The Owner of the location said, they make minus when doing this, but they still support "youth initiatives", so thats why they're doing it, or something like that (I didnt talk to them, TMT did)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Idk either. Electricity? xD
Or they pay a rent of like 100000€ a week for the location, so a day would be 3333€ xD

Dont ask me :D

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Date seems good.

How did you dutch people get so cheap to berlin? (I heard it was 50-100€)

Because then I might actually be really interested :)

(Especially with some housing @ Amsterdam or something, to see the town a bit :p
Or just smashing a day more, because coming from berlin for one day only would be...)

Top Bottom