• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Once Upon a ****... A Gainesville Tournament Story.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
JuanBox is really the only Dedede that placed so I don't know why you guys think this is a trend. Kyon is just using him for hard MUs and Mampam only uses him to hard counter people. Not saying that's a bad thing but that's what happens in a world without MetaKnight.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
ShoutOuts after I finish watching evo...

I don't like KOF... but that **** was so hype I cudnt stop watchin!

& Marvel... OMFG! I was sad Justin & Flocker didn't win. They were my favorite players.

:sonic:

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'd rather D3 than MK.
I'd rather face D3 as well, but I'm not gonna get that since I main ZSS. I'm just referring to how the game is even more a counterpick game than it was before. I understand MK is so dominant but matchups are matchups. Either live with them or get out. Unfortunately, the community has chosen to go out.

I don't like KOF

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Never said it wasn't, in fact I'm the one who always says that. That's why there shouldn't be a problem if someone who doesn't play MK decides to use MK for counterpicks. That type of player should always be beaten.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Playing Kof was never fun for me... but I saw how hype it was and I'm interested. I'm weird bcuz I strongly dislike SF anyways. I still watch it cuz its so hype.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
That's not particularly weird. You just haven't been exposed to it as others have. I grew up on this and lived in NY for the early part of my life. Arcades were the best. I love it but I can understand for those that don't.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Has the bracket been posted somewhere? (for those who want to see how badly they did)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Never said it wasn't, in fact I'm the one who always says that. That's why there shouldn't be a problem if someone who doesn't play MK decides to use MK for counterpicks. That type of player should always be beaten.
Except MK counters everyone on every stage except FD which he gets to ban and is also the easiest character to use at every level of player and also compensates for lack of ability to DI, space, and react.

YEAH, there's no problem at all...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I shouldn't have to worry about that with bad players that decide to use him for counterpicking, which is what I was referring too. MK mains that get really good should win since he covers all those options, the frauds I was referring to shouldn't.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I shouldn't have to worry about that with bad players that decide to use him for counterpicking, which is what I was referring too. MK mains that get really good should win since he covers all those options, the frauds I was referring to shouldn't.
There is no line between "bad players/frauds" who use MK for counterpicking and MK mains who get wins. Everybody wins with MK. Trying to make a distinction where there is none is a subjective cop out for admitting a character is overpowered.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
A little kid may be bad at fighting a war, but if you teach him how to fire nukes from a control room, he'll get to be pretty good at it. Your purple hearts and years in the Navy won't matter much.

OverLade

Smash Hero
A little kid may be bad at fighting a war, but if you teach him how to fire nukes from a control room, he'll get to be pretty good at it. Your purple hearts and years in the Navy won't matter much.
Oh snap we got ANALOGIES OUT THE GAMEEEE.

SWAGSWAG.

Top Bottom