• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One handed brawl=)

MaxThunder

PM Support
I by chance found an old thread about playing melee one handed, so me and a friend(Demoray) have learned this=) its fun... to leanr this see this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=46845&highlight=hand|guide

the only thing we felt the need to add, was putting the x button to shield... this works well for gc controllers... i dunno about the wii classic thingy but i guess you can do it whith that to... only slightly modified...

we filmed some movies playing whith one hand=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLlRnruGxpY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G28sgYQbUQA&feature=related

this is something you should learn... and do if you are forced to pla whith someone really noobish=) its kinda satisfying beating someone whith one hand... now you can say ypu can beat someone whith your hand tied to your back=)

Edit: I have discovered a new way to that may work for playing whith one hand whith the wiimote and nunchuck... you put the to buttons on the back of the nunchuck to attack and special... then you put on tap jump... and then you put a button on the wiimote ( i think it would work best whith b) to shield... after that you find some way to fasten the wiimote to your arm and put on shake smash=)... this should wok... but i havent tested it yet... my wiimote's broken=(

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I've been playing one-handed for a looong time. I even beat a moderately scrubby/decent team at a tourney (a friendly's match of course) using a team made up of Wolf with my left hand and Olimar with my right.

FYI I play best with my left hand and my favorites are Wolf, Olimar, and Marth in Brawl and Marth in Melee.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I tried to play a one-handed battle against myself once... (I don't really have a friend close by who plays smash). I had a couple wiimotes so I changed the settings so I could play with just the nunchuk. The only thing I didn't have was a shield/grab button. Which only made it more interesting... completely removing the defensive aspects of brawl

it was highly amusing for about an hour. It's hard to keep track of everything than 2 characters are doing.

MaxThunder

PM Support
^ You vs. you is impossible. In the end you have to decide which one will do better, unless you had two brains lulz. Two on a team is a stretch but it's possible because both of your characters are working towards the same goal.
very good if you have a split personality=)

another thing you could do is play whith peach/zelda/zamus whith one hand and... uh... you get it.. whith the other...O.o

MaxThunder

PM Support
I have discovered a new way to that mssy work for playing whith one hand whith the wiimote and nunchuck... you put the to buttons on the back of the nunchuck to attack and special... then you put on tap jump... and then you put a button on the wiimote ( i think it would work best whith b) to shield... after that you find some way to fasten the wiimote to your arm and put on shake smash=)... this should wok... but i havent tested it yet... my wiimote's broken=(

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Every time I get a phonecall during fourplay I just choose Sonic and only press neutral B. It works extremely well until you get down to a 1v1

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I have discovered a new way to that mssy work for playing whith one hand whith the wiimote and nunchuck... you put the to buttons on the back of the nunchuck to attack and special... then you put on tap jump... and then you put a button on the wiimote ( i think it would work best whith b) to shield... after that you find some way to fasten the wiimote to your arm and put on shake smash=)... this should wok... but i havent tested it yet... my wiimote's broken=(
I lol'd. Hard.

This is such a goofy idea but it would probably work.

I imagine Max Thunder winning a match at a tourney with a Wiimote duct taped to his arm and turning dramatically to say calmly, "I love the glove."

lulz

Top Bottom