• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

one handed melee

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Not at advanced play, but when I was casual smasher, I could beat all my friends one-handed. Just laid the controller down and used my ring finger for joystick, thumb for c-stick, and whatever else for A/B/X.

Used to play upside-down with the controller backward in Double Dash, too (but that's a bit easier).

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I've played with my right hand only before. Using only the right side of the control. (Shield and Cstick to roll around) and c stick to smash.

P.S. I was eating a sandwhich.
P.P.S. I won that match.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Very old video (back in the days of 5 stock matches) of my one handed Peach vs Rebel's 2 handed Roy:

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-3033005119519411737&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

In $5 MMs I'm 2-3 vs ChuDat's one handed Marth.

SDC

Smash Lord
Lets see if mango could still beat m2k one handed in high level play.
lol. strawhats, no offense man, you're a cool guy, and i like you, but you really need to get off m2k's d!ck. :ohwell: lol

anyway, one handed marth doesn't actually sound too hard, especially if your as good as chu is. yoshii (one of the local people here in mn) isn't bad playing with NO hands (playin with his feet XD). i'd like to see high level feet play :p
m2k vs mango 50$ feet mm. thats a match i'd like to see XD

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I one time won a 2 v 1 one handed. It was amazing. I use my right hand normally and my face for the control stick. I think that's still one handed <.<;;

strawhats

Smash Master
lol. strawhats, no offense man, you're a cool guy, and i like you, but you really need to get off m2k's d!ck. :ohwell: lol

anyway, one handed marth doesn't actually sound too hard, especially if your as good as chu is. yoshii (one of the local people here in mn) isn't bad playing with NO hands (playin with his feet XD). i'd like to see high level feet play :p
Id love to see that and trust me my m2k marth fetish has kinda died out these days. Armada's where its at now. lol

strawhats

Smash Master
Lol naw I don't really care much for his sheik, However KDJ had such a sexy sheik. I have that super deluxe armada combo fetish w/. peach. lol

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
When I'm on the phone, I use my left elbow for the control stick. Smash or halo.

We should make a 1-handed tier list.

DJRome

Smash Hero
a much more interesting prospect is fighting only using the z and c stick. basically, you can jump once, aerial, smashes, grab, shield, roll, spot dodge, jab, l-cancel, and that's it

Mindgames Son!

Smash Cadet

Zhu wins cuz hes got the happy feet

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, now think of it this way. What if you only had one hand? Maybe you'd have to work twice as hard. But, what if you had NONE!?!?! I sometimes fear about my hands being cut off due to smash.

If I had none, I'd have to use my feet. (would have to come in sandles or something).

So, I'm glad I have hands. I'm sorry for all the gusy who might have one or none. Lets hope people find a way for making prosthetic hands and hope they would be able to connect with your nerve endings. :]

Velox

Smash Ace
There's a player down here in Texas who does amazing at tournaments playing with a one hand/mouth combo (Broly). It's actually pretty amazing :o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe we all should start practicing just in case something happens god forbid. Srsly, so that you can continue your smash career even if you lost a hand or something. If you go blind then I guess its downhill from there, unless you are like Captain Tosen from Bleach, o yea.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I've played co-op before, I take the joystick while my comrade mans the buttons.

It's sorta like playing doubles, except 8 people can play.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I haven't done it myself. But I've played someone named aarosmashguy one handed before and he ***** me. It kind of made me want to never play melee again.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Best onehanded character is marth by far, spam C stick.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
sorry about bump but i just broke my right thumb. i'm organizing a casual tournament 12/26.
anybody got any advice?
Belongs somewhere else unless this is a one-handed tourney.

Anyway, 4 stock, no items, no banned stages, Corneria and Poke`floats Counterpick as it's casual, NO JOHNS (C'mon, Jesus' bday is a day before, don't john for his sake), no one banned, friendlyfire on.

Or simplified rules:

No items, Fox only, Final Destination. (+1 hand only?)

Yeah, and Marth only needs well placed C-stick spam.

Rappster

Smash Ace
oh, i know how to run a tourney, i was asking about gameplay advice cause a broken right thumb is nearly the same as having to play onehanded.

thnx, tho

Smasher89

Smash Lord
We had a tournament 2 players on one controller here in sweden, all stages on (makes communication EXTREEEMLY needed) especially on stages like brinstar dephts were one mistake from one player during rotation can mean a losed stock XD

I think white imba Kirby won that tournament ...

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
Okay the best way to play teams is one person putting one hand on the control stick side and the other person putting their hand by the C stick side.

Teams-Singles haha

one of my buddies and I pulled off a ken combo this way. makes for some uber laughs.

Top Bottom