• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Never knew how to describe his legs "pumping" blood, but undulating works.

Not sure how I would go about making that effect though =/.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I love these 'meanwhile' episodes.

Notice how the animation will get better whenever Robin is in the picture lol

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Do you have the video? That looks an awful lot like a 'shop. But if it's really real, that's pretty cool x)

I'm gonna try getting me some swag of Robin's Jolly Roger.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Does anyone else think this arc sucks? It's not so much the plot (it's the same as always, so I shouldn't really complain about that), but I can't relate to ANY of the characters. They just look stupid and have weird names. Like, I can only remember two of the princes' names, but I can't remember which name belongs to whom.

Everyone is drawn with complete disregard for anatomical correctness (that is, even more so than in earlier One Piece, which wasn't really that bad). Is the king supposed to look muscular or are his arms just fat? Is his upper half even supposed to look human (same goes with the princes)?

What I'm getting at is I think OP is starting to look more and more ********, and in the latest arc, it just seems like Oda isn't even trying anymore.
Maybe it's because he has created so many unique looking characters (well over 500 of them) over the years that this is the only way to make new ones. Maybe he's so busy now that new characters can't take more than 10 seconds to draw.
Either way, everyone has started to look like zany cartoon characters that are impossible to relate to, rather than OP characters who always were unique and had interesting stories to tell.

Thino

Smash Master
the only one I can relate to is Fukaboshi , cuz thats the only one I know

I can't recognize any of the rest lol but I dont dislike the arc because of that

I liked Mr.2 in Baroque Works arc.. Kaku in CP9/Enies Lobby , skeleton sword man guy in Thriller Bark , nobody in Enel's and Trafalgar Law in Shabondy Archipelago/Ace's death arc

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah cause those Cartoon Network characters will be getting their a**es kicked :)

Thino,
Mr. 2 was alright, but he became the most awesome character in the series in the Impel Down arc. Manly tears were shed );
Skeleton sword man guy? Are you talking about Ryuuma the zombie samurai? Cause he was bada** and a nice continuity nod to one of Oda's earlier works :)

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
They're fish people dude, what do you want them to look like.

I think Hody's crew looks especially cool

and it was the flashback that was intended to make you maybe not so much relate, but become simpathetic toward this new environment

Reizilla

I can't really remember any of their names. But I realized that the only saga where I did remember names well was CP9. Probably has something to do with that being my favorite.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Truth to be told though I have a really hard time memorizing japanese sounding names. They just sound like collections of syllables rather than actual words >_>

(I'm fortunate that the Danish publisher tends to translate names that sound too foreign, usually to make them sound English, hehe).

Derp,
Idk, the Arlong crew (maybe except for Hacchi, although he still looks more believable than anyone in Hody's crew), Jinbei and Hody himself are examples of characters where Oda didn't just go completely nuts. Even Tom seems to have been created with some measure of proportions/anatomy in mind (he's just fat with extremely short legs, which isn't uncommon in the OP world).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo i think this arc is mad sick

but its so much about fishmen

i wanna see how luffy and his crew are actually relevant. they're kinda just there.

however.. OP is all about FATE!!!! madame shirley's prediction is the main aspect where luffy's involved, so we'll see how that goes.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh! new chapter was pretty good!

finally!!! hahahah.
they're actually part of the story now. LOL. shoutoutz 2 madame shirley

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well it's def gonna start next chap

man arc has been pretty good and exciting

but mad cheesy. LOL

Thino

Smash Master
Shirahoshi rising up the drama by keeping the secret and luffy coming out to save the day yummmmmmm this is good one piece chapter , I'm pleased

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hehe. i like how shirahoshi and jimbei are featured in the spread of the whole assembled crew. sick stuff!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hey people been a while since i have been on smashboards and this thread. Anyway i felt the most recent chapter was the best for a while. I dont mind when oda does story building but for some reason this arc was kinda boring me. Maybe I just wanted to see the new power of the crew and that why i just wanted to get to the action. Ether way ****s about to go down and i am excited.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
:bee: just finished watching ep. 278 where
Robin declares she wants to live

hhnnggggg, probably my favorite moment in the series

Reizilla

277-278 are definitely the best episodes.

No Robin bias at all in this post.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man yeah

i think we were all waiting for this

jimbei really encouraged that no non-fishman intrudes in the conflict until the right time. so it's like they weren't even part of the story for like a month. now when they were actually asking for luffy to come, he came out

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
That seems unlikely. What reason would they still have to fight? It's OK for them as humans to beat up fishmen now.

Top Bottom