• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm really enjoying this arc.

I'm curious what Luffy would do with the devil fruit if he actually gets it.

I'm also expecting Ussop to defeat Doflamingo, he has this one.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
That'd be nice if his chapters were a few pages longer considering his breaks.

The only thing Mashima does better than Oda: release always, and sometimes with multiple chapters in a single week

Speaking of Fairy Tail, the last couple chapters seem to have an OP reference in them: (can you find it?)

The reference may not even show up depending on the translation

I also think it's fun to throw around the idea that Oda's recent "fairies" stealing from Zoro is a jab at some of Mashima's characters who are eerily similar to some of Oda's (like Shanks and Gildarts)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That being said, FT is so PAINFULLY obvious right now.

And Oda was the teacher for Mashima, even their drawing styles resemble a lot.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
whoa i never realized that gildarts looks like shanks
And both missing their left arms.
There are more too with other peripheral characters when you think about it. Zoro/Erza, Franky/Elfman, etc. I mean I know it's hard to avoid archetypes in shoujo but goddamn
He doesn't deserve any points for that, you're forgetting that the manga he's releasing so consistently is Fairy Tail.
Sure he does. We'd all be creaming our jeans if Oda released more than one chapter in a week

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Some very cool panels with them charging at each other.

Oda had better not cut to another strawhat next chapter

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I started watching One Piece in marathon mode a month and a couple weeks ago and I'm on episode 280.

Do you know how many times I've cried because of One Piece?
:I

Don't get mad at me for not reading the manga and watching the anime.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I tear up all the time watching Gin Tama, but One Piece only really made me tear up when Robin said she wanted to live. Nothing else was really that tear-worthy.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
For me it was robin wanting to live
The last episode of Gungrave
I'm sure there're more I just can't remember

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm just a softie I guess. When Vivi was freaking out trying to make everyone stop fighting... and then their farewell...

And a lot of other things. I'm at episode 309 right now. Yeah, when Robin said she wanted to live it got me too.
Sigh.

Nothing in Code Geass really made me cry.

Edit: THAT GOING MERRY SCENE

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Personal Top 5:

#5 - Nami's desperation when Arlong robbed her.
#4 - Robin's "dereshishishi" laugh at her slaughtered hometown.
#3 - Usopp vs Luffy's ending
#2 - The Drum Kingdom giant sakura tree
#1 - THE GOING MERRY

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Oooh I love lists:

5, "dereshishishi"
4. "I wanna live!"
3. Brook's "Quartet... trio... Duet... Solo"
2. Hiruluk's death/Sakura Tree at the end of Drum
1. The Boshi brothers fighting their tears and doing their stupid stunts to cheer up Shirahoshi after Otohime's death

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cavendish stuck up for Rebecca in the coliseum in the newest chapter. I'm actually starting to like him more and I'd knew he'd have a white horse.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Cavendish probably stood up for her to show off, but he's still quite a character, he'll definitely be fun to watch later.

Anyway, the only thing I want to complain about is that we have many stuff happening in many different fronts and Oda uses about 70% of every chapter on the Coliseum...
C'mon, even Trafalgar Law got demolished offscreen...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
But think about how much more exciting it will be when Fuji and Dofla's fighting styles are revealed in a non-blowout victory. It's best saved for when they fight Luffy. Dofla, at least.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I just recalled him fracturing his leg against that other guy back in that one arc not too long ago. Doflamingo is definitely a tier above him. Would be pretty cool to see everyone on the crew contribute to Doflamingo's defeat, but we all know Luffy is gonna get him.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Kind of reminds me when Enel took down Zoro and Sanji first and then the rest of the crew managed to beat his troops.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Yeah, it's part of his ability. In his Room he can freely switch the positions of any two things, including himself to more or less teleport. That's why he threw that log into the air first, to have something to switch with. From there he switched with Doflamingo to save Sanji, and then switched with a barrel or something to get onto the ship.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so anyone else kinda surprised at how quickly and easily sanji was beaten? he really hasnt seemed to do anything that great since the time skip besides run on air and move fast under water. i wonder if he is holding something back from his training b/c its unplesant or if he really isnt that strong.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's part of his ability. In his Room he can freely switch the positions of any two things, including himself to more or less teleport. That's why he threw that log into the air first, to have something to switch with. From there he switched with Doflamingo to save Sanji, and then switched with a barrel or something to get onto the ship.
Ah gotcha. From what the characters imply, it seems like his "Room" ability takes quite a bit of energy. So I'm surprised he hasn't wornout yet.

so anyone else kinda surprised at how quickly and easily sanji was beaten? he really hasnt seemed to do anything that great since the time skip besides run on air and move fast under water. i wonder if he is holding something back from his training b/c its unplesant or if he really isnt that strong.
Well, keep in mind that Sanji broke his leg against Vergo. I would say Doflamingo is an even higher tier than Vergo. Honestly, I don't think Sanji was holding back. He seemed to be getting frustrated and was practically screwed. I was hoping he'd stand a bit more of a chance. However, something tells me that right now, Zoro and Luffy maybe a tier higher than Sanji.

Not saying Zoro or Luffy would wipe the floor with Doflamingo, but both would definitely put up a better fight.

Top Bottom