• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ONE STOCK! The Ultimate Survival Tournament! OUT OF CHEESE ERROR! REDO FROM START!

DarkestLink

Smash Rookie
I made a mistake with my brawl code, I changed it to the proper one on my sig and ect, so ya you might want to change the status a bit...

Buradori

Smash Rookie
hate to say it but i lost my match with sammy. I blame my training.... good job sammy

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
To answer a few comments here:

1 @ Hero of Banthum: To recover to 50, you'll have to use a full 7 instead of just three, as recoveries automatically round to a ten. Sorry for not making that clear in the OP. Do you still want to recover?

2 @ SJAJ: Acknowledged. The only action I can take now is to wait until the deadline, and if you haven't done your match, I'll allow you to advance by opponent disqualification. If Amakir posts in this thread before then, though, it will imply that it SHOULD be possible to arrange your match.

3 @ Breakline: Any forfeits, drop outs, or disqualifications will be treated as 0 damage losses, so there is no penalty for your advance. I am starting to fear this will be an all-too-common occurrence.

EDIT: Oh, and 4 @ DarkestLink: FC Fixed in the sign up post. Thanks for letting me know.

DarkestLink

Smash Rookie
Hmmm maybe you should have sent PMs to all the participants who joined....I have this inkling feeling that my opponent may have forgotten

Hero of Banthum

Smash Journeyman
Then I have a great idea for you. Message him so he will remember and check this topic, wow, that took so much energy to solve this difficult problem...

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
And just to confirm, I did send PMs to everyone in the toruney who didn't already post in this thread after I made the brackets update, or at least everyone who allowed them, as there were a couple who didn't. Since you, DarkestLink, are among the two or three who had already posted after that, I didn't think it was necessary to send you one. Just to say I did send them, and why you didn't get one.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
And just to confirm, I did send PMs to everyone in the toruney who didn't already post in this thread after I made the brackets update, or at least everyone who allowed them, as there were a couple who didn't. Since you, DarkestLink, are among the two or three who had already posted after that, I didn't think it was necessary to send you one. Just to say I did send them, and why you didn't get one.
Dido doesn't recieve that **** and isn't replying here. What do I do?

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Dido doesn't recieve that **** and isn't replying here. What do I do?
Unfortunately, all I can say is the same as I said for SJAJ; wait and keep trying and see if he ever responds to play your match. If he doesn't by the deadline, or after everyone else has finshed their matches, short of other no-shows, I'll advance you to the next round with 0 damage.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
When's the deadline? I PM'd my opponent on the 12th, when he was online! He ignored/didn't see my message and hasn't been on since =/

sammy p

Smash Lord
is.... this thread gonna pick back up again or what?? just asking

EDIT:..... oh.... sorry nevermind! i didnt see the deadline! i guess were fine!
sorry for the stupidity

DarkestLink

Smash Rookie
Hey jump if you happen to read this I'm on now and your added but I am waiting for your registration. I will be on now to 4:40 for every day until the 28th or you fight

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I drop out. I'm tired of waiting for an opponent that never comes online to read my PMs.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'd play if the stage list was somewhat decent. But Temple and Skyworld just ruined it for me for a one stock tournament. That's living up to 187% one match, then playing on small level the next game and auto death. Think about the stages first.

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
Pm everyone, whoever does not reply within half a week gets the boot. Continue the tourney from there.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the amount of players and absurd deadline were probably what got this forgotten by most, so I definitely intend on changing them.
I also do like the idea for sending messages and requesting some sort of a response, and without one in a set time, they will be disqualified. I feel kinda silly for not thinking of that myself, so thanks.
And lastly, for the stage comment, as I said right off in the OP, if you don't like the stages, try to avoid them. I kept the neutrals in, so it's not completely unbalanced, but maybe when I redo this, I'll redo the stage listings, too. Especially the Temple was mostly included for both-players-already-at-insane-damage matches. Whereas Skyworld... I don't really know. That will probably go if I do redo the stage listing. Maybe I'll even add "only at so much damage" stages, such as the Temple only for, say, both players already with at least 150? What do you guys think of that idea? Probably just easier to get rid of them altogether, but I like complicated things.

Anyway, I plan to start working on the revised version of the player list off of this attempt today, so hopefully this will still work after all. If I already have enough for a smaller version just based off of this one alone, that would be great, but we'll see what happens.

Meorksies

Smash Cadet
Okay! I'm going to try to redo this tourney, but first, I want to make sure I have the right listing for people who still want to play. The people I have who have at least openly tried to play are:

Hero of Banthum.
Sammy P.
Marthos.
PJGLZ.
Professor MGW.
Darkest Link.
DTP.
Marshmallowman.
Celuz4259.
Breakline.
DarkAura.
Buradori.
Nysyarc.

The people who lost their match the first time around will be invited back, as listed. I also still intend on joining myself. Both Thunder of Zeus and JUDGE have made contacts regarding this tourney after I posted the brackets, though one directly to me and not by posting in this thread, and the other said they're dropping out, but if either are still interested in playing, then we'll have a possible full bracket right off.

If anyone listed here doesn't want to continue for the second try, just let me know.

Top Bottom