• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One time SSE bosses (Not post game)

bronislav84

Smash Rookie
I saw a similar thread about this, but I thought I'd ask if it's possible to catch Duon, Meta Ridley, and Galleom before beating the game, and in their original first encounters. Galleom appears twice, but that's beside the point.

The problem I'm having is I'm a completionist, and even though I will stop at the point where I can't get certain challenges done no matter how hard I try, I would like to try to have all the SSE-related trophies before I beat the game.

Is this possible? I've tried Galleom on every difficulty in the Ruined Hall, and with a Mayor Sticker (I can't find this coveted Big Boss Sticker I've read about in some threads) in Wilds on Meta Knight. No dice. The Stands just refuse to drop no matter how long I wait. Or rather, how long I can hold out evading him at low health before he subsequently kills me. I even got that miniboss with the construction arm after about three hours of hunting for stands and dieing more times than I could count, which was a pain because the stand has to be thrown midair and after the windup has to hit the green thing which is up off the ground, and that's an accomplishment in itself.

I played up to Duon on the Autosave file, and even played the level multiple times, but the stand will just not drop.

Meta Ridley I admit I only did once, because I didn't know he's not repeatable. Also on the Autosave.

I then went back played on my proper save, but I have trophies up to the Entrance to Subspace. Right now I'm stuck and can't continue because I'd really like to get these trophies before I beat the game, because I'd like to have 100% trophies for each level before I beat the game, just for personal satisfaction.

So my question is has anybody gotten these bosses before beating the game, and how? I'm told they magically respawn these stages for whatever reason after beating the game, and the bosses also appear in something called The Great Maze.

I'm pretty sure this case is unique enough that I don't need to Search, but I'm probably wrong.

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
Bad luck, I must say. I say wait until you get a Trophy Stand Drop sticker that's stronger, and then play on Hard+. With these settings, I've never had a Trophy Stand not appear sometime during the fight (although I had to wait a bit for Duon)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The problem I'm having is I'm a completionist, and even though I will stop at the point where I can't get certain challenges done no matter how hard I try, I would like to try to have all the trophies before I beat the game.
Beyond some being simply difficult, you can't get some trophies since they depend on challenges you won't have access to until you beat SSE. Boss Battles-related trophies, for instance.

bronislav84

Smash Rookie
Oh, I probably should edit that a tad. I meant the SSE-related ones only. Sorry, sorry.

Wow, people here are so fast. Wasn't looking at this tab then reloaded for no apparent reason but boredom, and got some replies already.

1337z0r

Smash Cadet
you'll be able to get their trophies after game anyways since you can redo levels for 100% completion

bronislav84

Smash Rookie
What, no more replies? Come on people please, some help would be nice.

1337 man, I don't want to get them postgame if I can avoid it. I wanna try to get as close to 100% SSE before I beat the final boss.

I really find it hard to believe that it's just simple bad luck on Stand drops like lord luigi says. Dude are you talking postgame? Could it be possible they don't drop stands in those levels until the postgame? I've played Galleom in the Ruined Hall at least 20 times each on Hard and Very Hard, then a few times on Intense, but couldn't evade as long.

Is it possible to get Big Boss from CD Factory?

Please, there's so many people on these boards. It can't be that no more people have some more useful advice. I've been stuck and unable to play because I can't repeat these until postgame, and I don't want to wait that long, just for personal satisfaction.

bronislav84

Smash Rookie
Yea Link, that's what I meant. As close as possible.

Has nobody gotten these three trophies before beating SSE?

Guess this thread went nowhere huh? Thanks anyway, those who tried to help out with tips and all. I appreciate the effort.

bronislav84

Smash Rookie
Wow, asking for help on the absolutely exact opposite of what I need? Lmao. Why ask that in this thread?

The answer to yours is of course, now mine I'm still waiting for help on. I don't want to fight these after beating it.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
Interesting thread. Indeed, I don't think anyone has tried to do this. I see no reason why stands wouldn't drop before completing the game, but seeing your woes makes me wonder if it's hard-coded. Stands do drop moderately often on Intense, it's surviving that's usually the challenge.

So, um... that wasn't much help, was it? ^_^;

bronislav84

Smash Rookie
Meh, kinda helpful. The general consensus seems that I've just been unlucky, since nobody has tried catching these bosses before beating the game.

If it's really true that these "special" bosses don't have stands dropping until after beating the game and it's hardcoded to not drop stands, then I guess I will just have to deal.

Thanks guys.

Top Bottom