• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Well Brawl has officially been out in the US for a year now.

Since becoming active in these boards I've learned a ton and have improved drastically. I just wish I was here since March 9th of last year like some of you were.

Anyways, in one year, we've become on of the most respected boards and have proved Marth worthy of High Tier.

Let's keep improving ourselves to bring Marth to the top in Brawl's years to come.

Happy one year Marths!

Albert.

Smash Master
I joined SWF in the summer about 6 months ago. These Marth boards have helped my Marth immensely and I thank those who are smart Marths for their posts.

Happy One Year!

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Cheers everyone! Here's to keeping the Marth boards the most enlightened in the character discussion forum. We may not be the top, but we'll sure as hell try.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
april :'(, but yeah i learned all the basics on that m2k post about marth.
LOL YES!

A year (for me) in review -

-Sucked at melee, playing with items
-Brawl comes out, I try to play Shiek, hate it
-I go to FALCON!!! I drop him cause he sucks
-I pick up Marth
-I learn the basics and stop just spamming smashes
-Super noob at Marth, I join the boards and start reading
-I get alright with Marth
-I pick up Snake
-months and months I practice, my Snake gets good, my Marth gets decent
-I get bored of Snake and practice Marth more
-My Marth gets exceptionally better, I travel to NJ for my first OoS tourney
-Practice for some months, plateau
-I get even better, but soon hit another plateau
-COT4, I meet all these Marfs, and afterwards my Marth improves dramatically
-I still suck :D

Quite a year Marths! Thanks everyone, hope to see you all around still, love you all (no homo)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
It really doesn't seem like the game has been out a year already.

All I know is, the Brawl community in general is doing a lot better then I thought it was going to be. Back in the Summer, I seriously thought that Brawl was going to be dead by now. However everyone proved those believers wrong and the game is still going strong...AND its fun to play.

If it wasnt for these Boards and the people down here to play with I would be nowhere at all right now, lost in a abyss of fsmash spam.

One year is long but yet its short, think about the month of March last year...and then now.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
one year in review for me

my marth develops without playing the game and didnt read much of the boards xD

and now i have picked up snake for metaknight and shall **** every other character in this game with Marth

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
one year in review for me

my marth develops without playing the game and didnt read much of the boards xD

and now i have picked up snake for metaknight and shall **** every other character in this game with Marth
Too pro. ;)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Speaking of lower tiers vs Metaknight...I used Yoshi vs a Meta a few days ago...

oh wait....

Freezewish

Smash Ace
I remember ZMT constantly telling me on AIM brawl would be dead by October.

IN YA FAZE!

I didnt get to join as the forums as early as I wanted to, but I have still learned alot since I've been here from lurking and reading dfferent topics. People like Emblem Lord, NEO, Pierce, Steel, Kadaj, and ZMT have taught me alot both directly and indirectly which has ultimately made me a better player.

Thanks everyone for all your help and I'm looking forward to a big year for Brawl, and an especially *** year for the Marth Boards.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If it wasnt for Marth, I would be a MK main right now.

@Kadaj, your location is too good lmao

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
When I compare how I play marth now compared to the day I unlocked him I just lul. Its nice knowing I main a character with such good matchups vs a majority of the cast.

P.S. I see MK and/or Snake being banned FAR before brawl dies out. If having 2 characters dominate a whole game's tourney scene doesnt kill a game, nothing will."

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I honestly feel if MK is banned the game would be a lot more interesting and fun, but I doubt it will happen.

People just dont see it...

"Victory is my destiny" - He even says he has to win, its built into the game, c'mon ppl....

"Come back when you can put up a fight..."- Hes basically saying your never gonna come back ever, they needed to add 3rd party characters (Lol Sonic) to try to end this masked Kirby...but its just not enough.

Its destiny guys...its destiny...

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Marth was like 65:35 against MK in Marths favor. How times have changed lol.

I was looking back at EL's old threads and he was saying that MK cant touch Marth and stuff xD.

I wish that release grab was actually a chaingrab, like we thought...

Freezewish

Smash Ace
marth Was Like 65:35 Against Mk In Marths Favor. How Times Have Changed Lol.

I Was Looking Back At El's Old Threads And He Was Saying That Mk Cant Touch Marth And Stuff Xd.

I Wish That Release Grab Was Actually A Chaingrab, Like We Thought...

Rofl......

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
ROFL how am I a biter???

clearly my location implies technical skill lol yours is just using dair praying for a spike/dunk, also that snake player was really good at teching but he almost lost to ganon :laugh:

If zss is that easy to pick up (like MK) I wonder why more ppl havent started using her

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Kadaj, the sig doesn't show up if your post is too short.

And backlash, you can come up with a much better vid to help your case on why Snake is broken than that, lol. But no I don't think Snake is banworthy.

I honestly feel if MK is banned the game would be a lot more interesting and fun, but I doubt it will happen.

"Victory is my destiny" - He even says he has to win, its built into the game, c'mon ppl....

"Come back when you can put up a fight..."- Hes basically saying your never gonna come back ever, they needed to add 3rd party characters (Lol Sonic) to try to end this masked Kirby...but its just not enough.

Epic post by ZMT here. I personally don't think he should be banned as of now. But if it stays this way for a while, then I'd like for him to get the axe. Though I do think I'd have even more fun with this game if he was banned. There would be a lot more diversity, at least among the higher tier characters.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion

I need you to take a good look at my sig.

Dude, we rock.

Happy one years to all.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm so over MK needing a ban it's dumb. The only MKs that make me feel like I cannot defeat them are M2k and Teh_Spammerer, and they are the two best players in the world (with room for DSF, Ally, and Azen of course).

I'll be upset when MK gets banned, because then I'll have so many Snakes to deal with, and he's infinitely more annoying. At least MK DIES when I hit him at 135 with a fresh Usmash.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MK dieing is a good thing in the matchup.

Marth vs Snake you practically need to atleast get one gimp kill a match to keep up.

So, I agree with Pierce, MK is a lot more even for us on neutrals than Snake can be.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm so over MK needing a ban it's dumb. The only MKs that make me feel like I cannot defeat them are M2k and Teh_Spammerer, and they are the two best players in the world (with room for DSF, Ally, and Azen of course).

I'll be upset when MK gets banned, because then I'll have so many Snakes to deal with, and he's infinitely more annoying. At least MK DIES when I hit him at 135 with a fresh Usmash.
That's what I'm thinking about now as well. I hate fighting snake players, I'd much rather fight an MK player as long as it's not M2K or spammer. Snake is evil.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Although, I think that the Snake match-up is more fun. The MK match can be really tedious, but in the Snake match-up it can be very enjoyable [if you get the chance] to exploit his weaknesses.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
MK dieing is a good thing in the matchup.

Marth vs Snake you practically need to atleast get one gimp kill a match to keep up.

So, I agree with Pierce, MK is a lot more even for us on neutrals than Snake can be.
I still don't think so. Snake in my experience has been infinitely easier, but maybe that's just me being nub. Really the ONLY problem with Snake I seem to have is my inability to kill him.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I personally think the Snake matchup is the most fun in the game.

That is if it's a friendly, so I don't get pissed when I lose xD

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I hate Wario more then MK or Snake. I have like no Wario experience so I always either win by a hair or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom