• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Play in AUS

Hellsend

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I am super new. Anyone free to play some games tonight if I can get this set up?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Kizmmit I'd be happy to play you sometime when I'm free.
PM your Facebook details and I'll add you

Robsta

Smash Ace
I can't get the shoulder buttons to work properly

They work weirdly and I cannot wavedash :(

Splice

Smash Hero
u didnt set them up properly
You can't just Press them once and then be like "YEAH LOL ITS CONFIGURED"
You have to do a different input for lightly pressing, pressing all the way, etc.
The shoulder buttons are ANALOG buttons

Anders

Smash Rookie
I've tried using the netplay IRC a few times but I've never managed to catch any Australians online in there. I always just assumed the Australian 'netplay community' was too small for people to bother with it. I gave up on the chat pretty quickly to be honest. Has anybody actually had much success there?

Posting here and adding people on Steam seems to have worked for me so far though. I've only had a few people add me but I can usually get a game whenever I'm keen/online. Speaking of Steam though, I have to apologise to the person who added me from here and messaged me while I was sleeping (I don't usually leave Steam up like that). I meant to get back to you next time I saw you online, but I can't remember what your alias is/was and my list is an absolute mess at the moment.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I would start using it but I just moved andn ihave no net for like 2 weeks. I think a steam group suits aus melee the most if anything though for finding games

Lultam

Smash Cadet
Anyone from NT/Cairnes/anywhere "nearby" that uses netplay? I'm at super beginner level, just learning the tricks of the trade now. Would a game against someone in NSW/VIC be super laggy if my connection is decent?

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
Anyone from NT/Cairnes/anywhere "nearby" that uses netplay? I'm at super beginner level, just learning the tricks of the trade now. Would a game against someone in NSW/VIC be super laggy if my connection is decent?
I'm in Brisbane and I've played one or two people from Victoria. The game should run fine provided you both have a solid connection.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Victoria, absolutely new to the scene, I just set up project M on my PC and I'm looking to play/learn

please feel free to hit me up on skype dreadtech89 , I've tried the IRC to no avail

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
I'm in Victoria, absolutely new to the scene, I just set up project M on my PC and I'm looking to play/learn

please feel free to hit me up on skype dreadtech89 , I've tried the IRC to no avail
You should come to meets, Jamwa is always looking for people who are more keen on P:M than melee. He'll teach you some great stuff. Unless you can't get to melbourne of course

rgbisdestructive

Smash Rookie
Sup guys if anyone wants to play melee online you can add me on skype (worldwithoutwords624). Seems everything except FD lags though : /. Outside of that played with someone in melbourne and it was perfect with the buffer at 3.

Invokion

Smash Rookie
Hey if anyone wants to play melee netplay hit me up on steam (giffordmoore). I'm fairly new to the scene so dont expect too much!

I'm here from Adelaide!

Last edited:

Bogggle

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, im pretty bad but always keen for a game, if you want my fb details or something send me a msg

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Hey guys, im pretty bad but always keen for a game, if you want my fb details or something send me a msg
Hey @ B Bogggle , if you add my Skype ID (snes101), I'll be able to add you to either/both the Melee/PM Netplay Skype groups - seems to be the most popular hub for Aussie netplay at the moment. Alternatively, there's a Steam group you can join (search for Dolphin Netplay Australia), but I don't know how popular it currently is.

baileeh

Smash Rookie
Do you guys still play online? Im from sydney and would like people to play with online.
Yup we sure do! As far as I know most of the online play is organized through Skype groups. You can add me on Skype by searching for baileeh or add Mask1n by searching for Snes101, just leave a small message asking for an invite. We also have a thread just a few posts down from this thread with lots of info about how to get invited and started. Thats for the Project M group but theres also a Melee group that is less active. In the Project M group we just finished an online tourney. The chats always really active during peak hours and most of the players are on the East coast of Aus, so living in Sydney you should be fine as long as you have a solid connection.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Hay guys I'm new to the project M brawl scene but am keen to play online if there is a group or anything?

I'm from newcastle in nsw and I've actually got a small community of gamers and a location to hold tourneys of a night time.

But am keen to play some smash online and see where it goes from there.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman

ayek0

Smash Rookie
Long shot, anyone wanna play right now? hahaha

EDIT: keen to play whenever anyone's free. don't know what details to give, but you can add me on steam (ayek0.) or skype (mrkenneh). just lemme know :)

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Long shot, anyone wanna play right now? hahaha

EDIT: keen to play whenever anyone's free. don't know what details to give, but you can add me on steam (ayek0.) or skype (mrkenneh). just lemme know :)
If no one else has done it before I get home, I'll add you to the skype group tonight. You'd be able to get games most nights at that time

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
does anyone here play on the wii still, to m understanding netplay is for the dolphin emulator?
I have connection to the wiimmfi network on my wii and am looking to play some pm.
FC 3957-3702-4440
User: Swan
Let me know!

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
I got online working pretty well on the wii - using wimmfi servers.
Anyone got the same working? im interested in playing.

Top Bottom