• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Yoshi Ditto Tournament!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, lag was some better. And close games, and DR KILL FOR THE ULTIMATE WIN!!!

But your a good opponent, I think it would have been better if we both hadn't SD'd...me baing on the final life on FD. The sacrifice of tap jump on to use DR in play though.

EDIT: Yeah, it was pretty bad. But mildly playable. As you can tell, I'm not a BF Yoshi.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
OMG Mmac, at the end of the second match, once the guy said "game", you totally pulled off the slow-motion-jump-up-into-the-air fist pump. I LoLed. Good games sir.
Carousel, you up for a game?

Chaco

Never Logs In
And the DR kill was using DR as an approach with the forward instead of dash attack. Sadly I go no replay of it.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol, yeah. I would've been trying to DR all over the place, but the lag kept skipping over my inputs. I got in some sick ones though, you did too. Heh, BF is my specialty, unless someoen is better than me there, then I can just flex over to FD and fight. I'm a flexible Yoshi when it comes to it ^__^

EDIT: Lol @ kiwi's post. TIGER WOODS PUMP!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Good Game's Kiwi. Man I completely fell apart at the end of that first match. I was worried I wasn't going to win that one

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol, yeah. I would've been trying to DR all over the place, but the lag kept skipping over my inputs. I got in some sick ones though, you did too. Heh, BF is my specialty, unless someoen is better than me there, then I can just flex over to FD and fight. I'm a flexible Yoshi when it comes to it ^__^
Mine to, those DR's are sick though. I'm an FD person, although tap jump on gets me lipped. But that bad things is, when it goes to the top 8 I won't be in it. Because of all the loses I had when I was playing bad. Oh well. =3

Mmac, since Kiwi is playing we can try? Up to you if your ready.

bigman40

Smash Master
Mine to, those DR's are sick though. I'm an FD person, although tap jump on gets me lipped. But that bad things is, when it goes to the top 8 I won't be in it. Because of all the loses I had when I was playing bad. Oh well. =3

Mmac, since Kiwi is playing we can try? Up to you if your ready.
Yeah, I was playing badly too. Losing matches when I shouldn't have >__> but I just started watching TheCape combo vid again and he made me want to DR instead of going all out for these matches XP

Oh, any of the other clips you have for the guide you can send them to me. I'm going to just finish the guide this week.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Wow, I played badly. GGs Carousel.
Chaco... I don't think I can play you today... six losses in a row has destroyed my morale.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wwo, Mmac, sorry about that...but I broke my controller...I'mma have to go get another one...then we can finish that last match.

I bet you were wondering what was going on.

EDIT: After you dashed me and I was going to ground Yoshi Bomb you but you hit me and made me SD, then I smashed it on the ground...yeah stupid I know, and broke the R button...and the analog stick is jammed.

Mmac

Smash Lord
So what are your guys' records so far? I'm at a measly 6-9 <_<
If you really want to know. I'm at a 27-3

Good Game's Chaco. You know, you seems to fight more intelligently when it's laggy. Funny thing is that I have never dealt with anyone who use DownB as their primary attack. I thought the entire thing was a myth! O_o

You do use them well though >_>

And I understand the broken controller thing, you wont believe how many I broke

Chaco

Never Logs In
Keh...you guys thank you got it bad...try 0-4...but I'm redeeming it now

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you really want to know. I'm at a 27-3

Good Game's Chaco. You know, you seems to fight more intelligently when it's laggy. Funny thing is that I have never dealt with anyone who use DownB as their primary attack. I thought the entire thing was a myth! O_o

You do use them well though >_>

And I understand the broken controller thing, you wont believe how many I broke
Well, I'm trying to specialize in being the oddest Yoshi ever. So far it's working for me.

Thanks.

Yeah, I have atleast 6...but this was my Wavebird..T_T

Hopefully we can finish later...that was my last GCN controller...I'mma have to go buy one. T_T

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wait, the say you put your ratio Mmac, was it when and losses or overall wins and loses...because 30 matches is alot.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Waiy we're doing overall wins and losses...OH! I'm 4-9...awful awful awful awful...

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
At this point, my goal in this tournament is just to make it into the top 8.
BTW, the win-loss rate only actually matters for matches. Bwett said it only includes total wins if there's a tie.
So I guess so far I'm 3-4.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh okay...

Hopefully your going to be 13-2...lol...but we'll have to find out later...I'm finally playing better today. Although I was reckless against Bigman, DR input skips...ugh.

Out of everyone I've played no one tries to gimp the recovery like i do. I wonder why...I get kills at like 18-30%

EDIT: Kiwi, yeah I'd like to be in there...but I mean my starting out screwed me. I can handle the best Yoshi players, butI'm not going to make it in there...I might drop. Hrm...eh 'iunno.

Chaco

Never Logs In
LoL, all of which are on me
No one's here that I haven't played yet. Anyone up for friendlies, or are you guys Yoshi'd out?
GRUDGE MATCH!....but I can't...I gotta rest my hands and go pick up a new controller so Leviathan and I can continue to dominate that team tourney...we need to have an all Yoshi pairs tourney. lmfao.

EDIT: Not just you Kiwi: Mmac, Leviathan(over the course of all our friendlies I'd say about 11), you (three times), and no other Yoshi mains.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Out of everyone I've played no one tries to gimp the recovery like i do. I wonder why...I get kills at like 18-30%
I never knew that your Dti... er... your special gimper, can gimp so well. I gotta try that more often

Wait, this is a Rematch Rematch? :dizzy:

Oh well :ohwell:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I never knew that your Dti... er... your special gimper, can gimp so well. I gotta try that more often

Wait, this is a Rematch Rematch? :dizzy:

Oh well :ohwell:
What wait? Rematch of the rematch. I just say we finish the final round once I get my new controller. We're tied at 1-1.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Off-Topic Noob Question: How do you jump after throwing an egg? When I try it it gets rid of all my jumps.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's really hard to do so with tap jump, but gives you good heading on DRs.

Mmac

Smash Lord
These are the people I still need to fight:

DarkLeviathon89
!Boom!
Burntsocks
secretweapon
Hypnotoad (Forfeit?)
MetalLuigi1209
Meta Dude
Tanea
KillerYoshi
Bio (Forfeit?)

I never even seen Boom, Secret, MetalLugi, Tanea, or Killer yet..... and I think Hypno and Bio dropped out due to lag issues

Edit: Oh, and I gotta fight Yoshi King also

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've got to fight alot of people still, I can bring the record up probably.

I have a new controller, so we can either finish later on or tomorrow.

Top Bottom