• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ooples Grand Opening! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! ALL VIDS ARE UP!!!!!!!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
All other tourney set's will be uploaded from Xyro throughout the week. I did record some money matches at my house last night.
I've decided i'd like to have my matches recorded. (After first two rounds of any tournament) Just to atleast see what mistakes I start doing in matches if I get in rounds 3-5.

9: Slush==:yoshi2: **** man. you play so weird, it was hard figuring you out. good games no joke
My playing technique is different from Polt and YoshSSB. Just moar techs basically.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MLw7oV2OSQ <--- Like this but less DJCEL (Double Jump Cancel Egglay)
Polt: He plays smarter and Hardly uses any techs aside from ETS (Egg toss slide)
and sometimes DJCEL
YoshSSB: Not sure since I haven't seen him play enough, but Smart as well but does some more techs.

:320:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Real Talk guys, I'm going to focus on playing ROB more for singles....I"ll swap for Captain Falcon if I feel comfortable about it.

Slush you know how I feel about it. I have a disadvantage against almost all of the character cast so it's harder for me to try and pry a win against any pro yoshi player.

So there you have it.
Oh and I might not be able to attend MLG Dallas. If I can't come up with the money before showing up at the door I dunno what to do. I might just not go after all, I'll see what I can do about that.

Oh and shoutouts :D

Trela: Good to see you again bro. Next time we meet up we def. need to do a money match. I"m not talking about CF vs Lucario, i'm talking Batou/Trela double low tier captain falcon vs any other low tier team :D

Denti : You already know what's going to come up. Great job placing third. Dont' worry about me bro, I may not be getting out of F tier but you know I"m a doubles person more than a singles. It's more tolerable.

K Prime: Dang, nice pit man. I want my rematch :D

Poltergust: Argh, it's always so hard playing against you. But I think I've got the answer to you yoshi players out there. Great job repping the yoshi's though :D

Xyro: Yes I know I have been putting off the chicken match like I keep promising but life johns and money johns disable me from processing the request. Don't worry for I"ll be getting that match at MLG Dallas if I'm able to go.

Nike: GET OUT OF HERE!!!! Seriously man, your housing is the ****

Bored: YES! THE ALMIGHT CAPTAIN FALCON MAIN HAS GOT BORED TO LAUGH MORE THAN ONCE! Our match was very close but as you can see I'm still working the kinks out for my ROB. Close match however. No more pictochat. Other than the tournament set, WE WRECKED HOUSE WITH LINK/IKE TEAM FRIENDLIES.

KoN!: Next time your playing my national's deck....lol good talking with you after and before the tournament man. We seem like we have a lot in common.

Castro: We need more friendlies.....

Slush: My boy slush, coming to you guys with a watermelon flavor :D Good matches man and next time I won't SD against you.....too fun to hang out. Next time you run out of money I'll gladly hook you up at Church's you should of told the black man you wanted some chicken. lol

Megafox: Well fox you know the batou man has been watching you from the stands and cheering you on. Good **** man. Thanks for bringing your sister as support, it seems like you two play at home don't you? Maybe one day we can do some Fox vs Captain Falcon for fun. Thanks for showing up to the tournaments man. It's good to see kids other than us big kids play for a change haha....

Gova: "Hey gova what are you playing a kirby game?" HAHAHA...yes I remember it's star ocean. Good kirby man :D

Mike2: HAHAHA ALL THE FRIENDLIES I FORCED YOU TO PLAY LOL
Good to see you tho, it's fun to meet you SA folks.

Batou: DAAANG BATOU WITH THAT SEXY CAPTAIN FALCON :D

Zigsta: Low tier mains ftw. You know Batou's got mad respect for ya.

Max10n: I loved our money match man lol so awesome.

Laurel: Yes I know the whole tournament thing makes you nervous, trust me I was kinda shaking playing against Bored. He gave me a run for my money and stole it. But anyways, you know Batou is here to make you laugh black girl lol....I swear I seem to have more fun playing tournaments when I laugh or make others laugh. Maybe you should try it too? Oh wait, your not the loud black guy who randomly shouts GET WRECKED from out of nowhere..lol I dunno how that's gonna work.

Big Boss: Good set man. Fortunately I spaced you pretty well. I hope our matches was a learning experience.

Kyle: I love you man lol
Thanks for setting the venue up...big ups to xyro as well with your mad TO skillz.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
where is MK?

WHERE THE **** IS MK? ITS NOT A TOURNEY IF THERES NO MK. SECONDARIES DONT COUNT.
i do main meta, i didnt actually think anyone even saw me go marth.

i also went mario and diddy against kprime and espy since they got that meta match down.

lol i just found the results thread so shout out later

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I felt really sorry for Denti. The 2nd kill was cool, but him dying like that in his last stock was so stupid. :laugh:

It happened during our tournament match, too. I counterpicked him to Frigate, and in my first life I missed landing on the stage, he grabbed me, and I somehow got staged-spiked. Then, I killed him with my get-up attack while he was recovering, he got knocked over to the other side of the stage, but the platform was raised, so he just fell through the opening and died.

Oh, and the stage didn't switch at all. XD

Polt: He plays smarter and Hardly uses any techs aside from ETS (Egg toss slide) and sometimes DJCEL

I use a lot of techs. Pivot-smashing (and other pivot-stuff), Yoshi Bomb Sliding and Canceling, ECE (yes, that counts), Egg Sliding, DACIT (and DJCIT) and some universal stuff like instant pivot-grabbing and B-reversing (sometimes). I'm still working on other stuff like reacting to Egg Lay Cancels and Platform Canceling.

I mostly just don't do the DR stuff because that requires changing my controller settings, which is something I don't want to do. :glare:

:069:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I don't even see the point of people complaining about the money splitting.

Sure if your the one in the situation but they chose to do what they wanted to do because it's a friendship....and not only that you can help someone by splitting the money and being helpful sometimes.

If Denti and I were to play for first and I know he needed the money more than I did, I would gladly split. I wouldn't give a rats *** if you banned me from HOBO or MLG Dallas for that matter.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
All vids are up except GFs. I gotta go to work so ill get them up tonight.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I use a lot of techs. Pivot-smashing (and other pivot-stuff), Yoshi Bomb Sliding and Canceling, ECE (yes, that counts), Egg Sliding, DACIT (and DJCIT) and some universal stuff like instant pivot-grabbing and B-reversing (sometimes). I'm still working on other stuff like reacting to Egg Lay Cancels and Platform Canceling.

I mostly just don't do the DR stuff because that requires changing my controller settings, which is something I don't want to do. :glare:

:069:
Pivot smashing I don't see how it's a tech but now that I think about it Yoshi's the only one that has it I think? (Running one direction change direction for Fsmash in direction from first time)
Egg lay Cancel and Platofrm Canceling I see you do. But messing up half the time. Still better then what I do... The dreaded Egg roll...
For YB Sliding isn't that just getting on any slope to hit the enemy with A Star and go the opposite way.

Slush you know how I feel about it. I have a disadvantage against almost all of the character cast so it's harder for me to try and pry a win against any pro yoshi player.

Slush: My boy slush, coming to you guys with a watermelon flavor :D Good matches man and next time I won't SD against you.....too fun to hang out. Next time you run out of money I'll gladly hook you up at Church's you should of told the black man you wanted some chicken. lol
+10Ego From "pro yoshi player" statment
Mai Boi! Fries Biscuits and Soder is what all tru Yoshi's strive 4!

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Trela: GGs. I knew my D3 would have a better chance against your Luke because of all that Razer practice you get.

Espy: Going Wolf just to beat Luke? I approve. :)

Denti: Wanted to play you in friendlies! :(

K Prime: GGs against Polt.

KoN!: It was funny when you jacked that set from Paw.

Slush: I had to play Trela in Winners, then Batou in Losers. I have yet to get over the ROB MU.

Batou: GGs. Your spacing was great, but if I didn't SD on Pictochat -- I still think I could've made a comeback. I also won't use Snake against ROB if I play you in tourney again.

Zigsta: It was awesome to formally meet you and get to know you a little.

Maan: Sorry I had to go tourney mode on you. I still <3 you. Much homo.

Laurel: Just gotta find out what helps you stay calm. You'll get there. <3

Big Boss: Dead last for the 3rd time in a row. Seriously, use D3 more in tourney.

Xyro & Kyle: It was awesome to have two of the best TOs run this tourney. It was really fun and I'm glad I showed up. Thanks to both of you.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Shoutouts

Trela: Need moar Lucario practice. You're too good .-. Gotta step up my game...break out the L word...

2: Espy: We haven't played srs friendlies in ages. I need to learn that Sonic match up again. Kthxbai.

3: Denti: Great job! Ike vs Oli is so lame. Never gonna take you to Brinstar again -_-.

4: KPrime: You've gotten so much better. I need to do a bunch of friendlies with you to relearn that MU.

5: Poltergust: So close to top 3, yet so far. TX too good.

5: Xyro: Story time was great. I need to hang around you more and become enlightened about the smash world. And I do talk and laugh, it just takes a while for me to warm up to people .-.

7: Nike: Mad respect for you Nike. Thanks for letting me sleep on your bed. It was really comfortable, and I definitely felt fresh the next day. I owe you big.

7: Bored: Lol this guy.

9: Castro: I hadn't seen you in ages! Almost forgot who you were until you broke out that Peach main. Then I was like oh gawd, not this ****. More friendlies next time.

9: Slush: I was watchin your matches with Xyro. Good stuff man. Would definitely like to friendly your Yoshi to see the dif between yours and Polt's.

9: MegaFox: It definitely seems like you've improved a lot since Smash Queso. Great stuff man. Just work on not being so predictable with your Fox. Oh, it woulda been better if you cp'ed me to Halberd. I woulda gotten ***** lol. Oh yea, great to see your sis coaching ya. Not everyday you see siblings into the smash community like that.

13: Paw: Way to ditch Zigsta like that for some epic ****. So salty. I be bringing that giant pretzel next time.

13: Gova: Very underrated, keep it up Nick. I already have plans to team with Espy next Mid-Tier, but we should team after that one.

13: Mike2: Improvement over last tourny right? Keep it up, and get that wifi practice in.

13: Batou: CHICKEN AND PANCAKES. Our set was way too close. Some epic stuff right there. I don't want to see your face in bracket ever again.

17: Tofer: Did we even get to play? Feels like we played once and that was that.

17: Zigsta: Lol this guy...this guy and his Bowser trying to take on Ganon and Ike...

17: Man: SO MUCH ****. Best doubles friendlies EVER. Gonna be uploadin that stuff over the weekend. Oh, and I gots that double 0 death on you.

17: Laurel: I'm sorry for beating you so hard .-. Stuff just happened.

Overall, I had a great time. Going to Target afterwards was great. Story time with Papa Lesbian. Plenty of hearty laughs and wtf moments. San Antonio too good.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
1: Trela=why is it thats children are so good at this game:awesome:
cause its a childrens game

2: Espy==one day im gonna prove mario>sonic.
thanks for coming to joes with us

3: Denti==oli:mad:

4: KPrime==first stock was diddy **** then it went south:c also good job on beating polt

5: Poltergust==sorry no one cheered for you but SA sticks close ill cheer for you at mlg as long as its not against some one from sa or texas.

5: Xyro==spamus also thanks for fixing my tag from kon to KoN!

7: Nike==where were you, when me and castro played it needed serious hype:cool:

7: Bored==dont know you, i must fix this we shall play next time:bee:

9: KoN!==again you preformed, exactly as expected according to your bracket. now you must exceed expectations.:coolmonke

9: Castro==long time no see, start coming around more, ggs.

9: Slush==good job on 9th. and good job on getting out of your slump

9: MegaFox==see first shout out

13: Paw==:facepalm:

13: Gova==good friendlies you reminded me that kirby has a spike lol

13: Mike2==good friendlies i didnt warn you that i got that snake match up down :awesome:

13: Batou== always fun talking to you next time ill have my cards and i promise to buy some from you (if the price is right)

17: Tofer==i think this was the first time (including our melee days) that you made me worried i was gonna lose good job you a-hole.

17: BJSM==dont know you sorry

17: Zigsta==bowser? you got balls sir
17: Shon==who?
17: Luke==who?

17: Maaaaaan==you mm vs batou was epic

17: Laurel==you'll get a win sooner or later.

17: Big Boss==theres been too many tournaments so we havent had time to practice lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
SHOUTOUTS:

-Trel Bel--Glad we finally got to play! Good luck in your MM, and bring your Pokemon next time so I can WRECK YOU.

-Espy--I always enjoy our friendlies! And double Bowser was definitely fun. You're a MUCH better teammate than Paw!!

-K Prime--We didn't get to play as much as I hoped. :( Next time! And good luck with your future wife, bahaha.

-Poltergust--Wish we didn't have to play. :( I'm gonna pick up Lucario JUST for you.

-Xyro--Too scared to play me. Oh well, you're gonna get exposed next month.

-Nike--Fun matches, buddy, and I'm glad I finally got to stay at your LEGENDARY house. Thanks for uploading all the videos, too--I really appreciate it.

-Bored--I'm working on a CD filled with Disney love songs JUST for you, wahahaha! And stop working on that CG you have on Bowser, or else I'll start working on my Bowser Bomb gimp!

-Castro--I was so depressed I SD'd 4 times in our set in my favorite MU in the game. :( Fun Bowser dittos.

-Slush--I WILL NEVER MM A YOSHI WITH BOWSER!!

-MegaFox--Glad to see the next Razer in person. Let's play next time!

-Paw--Pass the salt, ya garbage teammate. Or else I'll let you get shieldbroken to Warlock Punched again.

-Gova--Hope you enjoy Spirited Away! :D

-Mike2222222222222222222222222222222222222--Sorry for the wait picking you up. I still can't believe Austin had TWO whole setups to this!

-Tofer--Sorry we had to play first round, buddy. :(

-Maan--Fun matches. DISLIKE for your dairing me after Bored's combo walk, but THANK YOU for Warlock Punching Paw for me.

-Laurel--Glad we got to meet before you left for CA!

-Big Boss--Glad to properly meet you. We'll play next time for sure. :)

-Jrugs--You've got the right attitude to improve at this game. Not many new players have the balls to actually go up to proven players, friendly them, and then ask them how to improve. You were really cool to talk with; hope you come to more events in the future.

-Suspect--Don't sweat mid tier, buddy. I blame myself. We've got this next time. I'm just glad you were able to make it!

And to everyone in San Antonio...

THE SPURS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom