• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions For The New Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc King

Smash Lord
This is a thread to discuss about what you think the new tier list should be like. There are a few rules that you need to keep in mind before posting.

1) No Trolling

2) No Flaming anybody

3) No Spamming

4) Stay on topic

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think we should argee on what we are compareing 1st. I think we should compare how useable in today's tournment metagame. MEANING ruleset plays a massive part of it and match-ups aren't the only factor.

Doc King

Smash Lord
OK, I think that Sheik should be a top tier because of her chains and semi-spikes.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Its going to be very hard to decide which three take top, fox, marth or sheik.

Sheiks has all good match ups except ice climbers, the fox match up is slight fox.
Marth has all good match ups except sheik
fox has all good match ups excpet marth. they are the rps of melee

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wouldn't Fox vs Falco be even since Falco can shine combo him easy and chainthrow him?

Doc King

Smash Lord
Marth is terrible where are you from? it's like the easiest freakin match-up ever. fox and marth go even.
Marth is actually really good, one of the best ranges and strong power with the tip and pretty fast and strategic overall. :awesome:

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm not going to answer that you don't know enough to talk about fox vs falco. also that would make in falco's favor.

marth gets wrecked from projectiles and sheilds. I don't know all that range goes to waste when he can't land anything.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Marth dosen't have much of a prob with projectiles or sheilds (he has a move called Sheild breaker :p). He's been one of the best characters in Melee for a while and he can basically beat anyone (excluding Sheik).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
HAHAHAHAHA marth is perfect on paper. Seriously get smart and play against a marth it's to f***ing easy if you're smart.

WTF I beat them with pichu.

also LOL at sheild breaker I WD oos and punish.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Did you ever see his Forward smash, it's considered the best F Smash in the game and he can do amazing combos like the ken combo and up and forward chain throws to tilts or F smash.

You probably won because the Marth player didn't know what he was doing or something or was just an amatuer.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Did you ever see his Forward smash, it's considered the best F Smash in the game and he can do amazing combos like the ken combo and up and forward chain throws to tilts or F smash.

You probably won because the Marth player didn't know what he was doing or something or was just an amatuer.
I have nothing to say to you. seriously it's a 20-80 match-up or something I know it it's easy as pichu.

if marth misses that f-smash :awesome: or I sheild or I tech.

Really you aren't going to win this i've played much better marths than me and I somehow still can keep up decently

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow that's really ridiculous, i mean Pichu is small so its easier to hit the tip part of the sword and since Pichu is like the lightest character in the game, Marths throws can combo faster. Also Pichu has very poor range so if he wants to get around Marth and his sword, then he's gonna have to do a lot of dodging to be able to hit him.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Marth destrooooys Pichu. There are like 1000 things you can do if Pichu tries to nair.

On the topic of the tier list, I personally think Sheik is up with Fox/Falco. It's just theoretical, but she seems to be underrepresented.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
ok ok i'll play this game if he avoids a hit his range doesn't matter because he IS going to land his nair or d-tilt or whatever if marth doesn't hit when he swings his sword. he f***ed up bad. I have a question If you can't lock pichu down nor DD camo him due to jolts that set up combos what do you do when he DDs? if you miss he lands a hit if you wait to long he lands a hit.

Play some good pichus players like i've played good marth players get that s*** out of here.

Really please explain to me how you know so much about this match-up?

marth vs pichu sucks but not that bad. also pichu's nair is safer than fox's if you're smart.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Does Marth need to approach wildly, "swinging his sword"? No.

Space fairs, jab through jolts, and pressure Pichu to attack. Punish him when he does!

Seriously, Pichu cannot nair safely (it's not hard to predict lol), but he can spam jolts that lead into "combos"? The best combo Pichu can get is like jolt>nair, then run away.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Marth and fox only go even on pro fox stages, and there are more pro marth stages that are legal. In general marth has the greater advantage in stage control over fox. Its definitely a slight marth advantage here.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
how are you going to kill pichu may I ask? edge gaurd isn't all that great vs pichu unless you have a hard hitting long lasting bair like pikachu/pichu/sheik marth's nair isn't nearly as effective.

i've always heard it was even depending on the stage.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
ICG arguing that marth is bad?

Marth is obviously not bad.

And ease up on Doc King.
If you're going to try and explain something to him at least try and do it politely.
Not once was he rude to you.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Its always slight marth because his stage control is better than foxes.

Pokemon Stadium: Marth ***** platforms, Fox ***** cause of low ceiling. Marth can control the middle of the stage better

Yoshi's story: Fox ***** cause low boundries with shine spikes and low ceiling, marth ***** because of platforms and easy stage control, not to mention small boundries help tippers.

I could go on but the point is the fox will always have to play a little more creativley than usual to beat a marth. while the marth player has the tool right in front of him to beat fox and doesnt have to look as hard.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah my bad marth is only decent not bad. It's simply marth is only any good on paperunless he lands a random f-smash or edge gaurd his combos aren't helpful really but marth lacks a kill move besides f-smash. But if he misses that f-smash I know they'll **** him hard. once off the stage he's gone.

I don't 100% know marth vs fox I won't debate it I was only reffering to what i've heard

CloneHat

Smash Champion
how are you going to kill pichu may I ask? edge gaurd isn't all that great vs pichu unless you have a hard hitting long lasting bair like pikachu/pichu/sheik marth's nair isn't nearly as effective.
Marth does indeed have trouble killing people he can't edgeguard/combo, such as Peach. But we've also heard Peach players say Marth is Peach's worst matchup. Throws>fsmash/nair or DB>utilt are examples of the things he has to do in these kinds of situations, granted he doesn't land one of his usual options in the process.

On the other hand, Pichu can kind of edgeguard and his nair will kill at late percents, but the rest of his kill moves are pretty laggy and have absolutely terrible range.

What is this I don't even

0Room

Smash Lord
I was honestly content with the last tier list, this one just seems thrown together without really doing any consistent research as far as ties.

But it's whatever.

I think
Fox
Falco
Marth
Jiggs

High
Sheik
Peach
[same as it is now from here down]

otg

Smash Master
Seeing as how my Recovery Tier list was accepted with pretty open arms, let's see how I do at an actual tier list.

1.) Hypothetical Tier List

Fox/Falco
Jiggs/Sheik/Marth
Peach/Falcon
Icies
Doc/Ganon/Samus
too lazy from here

2.) What is actually happening ... IN TOURNAMENT

Jiggs
Falco
Fox/Falcon/Marth/Peach/Sheik
Icies/Pika
Doc/Ganon
Mario/Samus
who cares

Call it copping out that I put so many unordered people in the same tier list, idc but frankly Jiggs and Falco win everything, then this is how you see the rest of the cast placing behind them. I guess I should put Peach next to Falco, but thats a lil too controversial.

3.) Where I think things stand

Jiggs
Falco
Sheik
Fox
Marth/Peach
Falcon
Icies
Doc/Ganon/Samus/Pika
**** the rest of the cast

I stand by Fox's lower placement, people are way too comfy fighting him, know how to CC and cc grab his moveset/DI his dairs so you can **** him for them, DI uthrow -> uair. etc etc. It seems like Marth's metagame is starting to pick up again, but is still lagging pretty far behind the rest of the Top Tiers. Armada is nasty, nuff said.

As for the "low tiers" (aka Doc and them), it's hard to order them. I give the nod to Ganon on top personally as there are multiple solid Ganon mains, while the others within the tier only have one truly stand out player maining them. Realistically I would put it as Ganon > Doc > Pika > Samus, but I'm biased as **** and don't know enough to make that judgement call.

I'm done.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Seeing as how my Recovery Tier list was accepted with pretty open arms, let's see how I do at an actual tier list.

1.) Hypothetical Tier List

Fox/Falco
Jiggs/Sheik/Marth
Peach/Falcon
Icies
Doc/Ganon/Samus
too lazy from here

2.) What is actually happening ... IN TOURNAMENT

Jiggs
Falco
Fox/Falcon/Marth/Peach/Sheik
Icies/Pika
Doc/Ganon
Mario/Samus
who cares

Call it copping out that I put so many unordered people in the same tier list, idc but frankly Jiggs and Falco win everything, then this is how you see the rest of the cast placing behind them. I guess I should put Peach next to Falco, but thats a lil too controversial.

3.) Where I think things stand

Jiggs
Falco
Sheik
Fox
Marth/Peach
Falcon
Icies
Doc/Ganon/Samus/Pika
**** the rest of the cast

I stand by Fox's lower placement, people are way too comfy fighting him, know how to CC and cc grab his moveset/DI his dairs so you can **** him for them, DI uthrow -> uair. etc etc. It seems like Marth's metagame is starting to pick up again, but is still lagging pretty far behind the rest of the Top Tiers. Armada is nasty, nuff said.

As for the "low tiers" (aka Doc and them), it's hard to order them. I give the nod to Ganon on top personally as there are multiple solid Ganon mains, while the others within the tier only have one truly stand out player maining them. Realistically I would put it as Ganon > Doc > Pika > Samus, but I'm biased as **** and don't know enough to make that judgement call.

I'm done.
I guess it could work for the new tier list. The only thing though is that theres too many ties on it. I do agree with you that many ppl feel comfy against Fox since he's so easy to combo and kill.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Love how icg completely derails everything he touches.
I don't try to : ( but I didn't derail the shampoo bottle. I really didn't.

Yeah fox is good but everyone knows what's up with him. He suffers from being the coolest kid on the block cause everyone is bugging him about going to his party and he don't want low tiers but theystill somehow make it :c But play any match up enough and you'll love it super easy then it becomes what's different about this player that effects it.

m2k vs falcon is an unwinable match-up he knows it to well.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
I dont agree with the characters being tied with each other on this list

fox/falco/jiggs? Are you serious lol. Its Stupid to say that 9 is tied with 9.2 and 9.7, theres a clear difference.
As for my thoughts for a tier list
Fox
Sheik
Jiggs
Marth
Falco
Falcon
peach
Ics(idk i guess but they kinda suck)
Samus
Doc
Ganon
The rest get beat by sheik's CG

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Ties are logical.
When the characters are so close that the difference is actually negligible in any other circumstance than two equally skilled players playing against each other, and also keeping in mind how the meta-game is always changing, it just makes more sense.

Otherwise we'd have a new tier list ever month that was like this:
Jiggs
Fox
Falco

Next month:
Fox
Jiggs
Falco

Next month:
Falco
Fox
Jiggs

etc...

Zodiac

Smash Master
I guess i'll throw mine in..

Sheik
Fox
Marth
Falco
Peach
Jiggs
Falcon

speaking from a purely match up perspective, and really those three top spots are interchangeable. Like I said earlier, they are the rps of melee. But after those three no one should question falco being right below them. I think peach has more than earned her spot. And I consider the match up to be in jiggs favor between her and falcon.

JIGGS: She is clearly not as good as a lot of the lists popping up say. Her match up ratio isn't as good as others, unlike the top three a lot of her match ups are not heavily in her favor, but are rather even. She is definitely not in favor against Marth or Fox, Sheik is debatable since sheik mains are still learning the match up, the meta game is still evolving there. In fact most character match ups are still evolving vs jigg's since mango and hungrybox started winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom