• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Hyperactive Whiz Kid! - Andy For Smash Ultimate! We'll Live To Fight Another Day...

Favorite Advance Wars Game (Not Including pre-AW and Battalion Wars)

• Total voters

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Can't lie, I think a mobile game isn't the way to properly gauge interest. It would be better if they released the previous four games in a collection with a gallery for the game's artwork, a jukebox feature, Online, etc, etc. I also don't know that a lot of people who actively play mobile games would be able to add an AW game to their already sizable plate of other games they need to keep up with daily. With a collection it makes it easy to catch up and familiarize yourself with the series as well as letting veterans (Or people who got into the series during the current drought) finally be able to show their demand for a new entry in the series with their wallets.

Just my thoughts, sign me up as a supporter please.
:)
I’m so happy right now

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly, im still coming to terms that this is reality that im living in lol.

I have to contain myself from this hype overload. I have a lot of things that I want to mention once ive settled lol.
I’m not gonna lie, you were the first person I thought of when they showed this lol
Lots of people had me in mind haha.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura

IMMEDIATELY had you in mind, pal! Congrats on the return of Wars! Bonus points for it NOT being relegated to a mere mobile game, too!
I legit still believe a mobile game can happen but right now, this is much better lol.

And even more than that, the possibility of SMASH BROS inclusion for Andy.

Does it get any better than that?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm so excited, if this sells well, we could see a full revival of Advance Wars just like with Fire Emblem after Awakening (and we saw where that went, tons of new games, tons of new characters in Smash).

We have a real opportunity to show our support for this series for the first time in years in the eyes of Nintendo!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm so excited, if this sells well, we could see a full revival of Advance Wars just like with Fire Emblem after Awakening (and we saw where that went, tons of new games, tons of new characters in Smash).

We have a real opportunity to show our support for this series for the first time in years in the eyes of Nintendo!
Yeah, I mentioned this a year or so ago but I talked about how Advance Wars could be to the 2020's what Fire Emblem was to the 2010's.

This could be the start of a huge new beginning for AW and that's super exciting to think about. All the years of hoping this series could get another chance has finally payed off.

Good vibes all around!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well! That was unexpected but I like it! Advance Wars 1 and 2 both getting remakes might help revive the series... now if Nintendo would remake both Golden Sun 1 and 2.
That would require Camelot getting enough funds/personnel to get off of the :ultmario: sports train. Even with Super Rush, it still feels like they desperately want to keeping making RPGs.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Here I was thinking that GBA Switch online was our best bet, I never expected a full HD remake.
Methinks GBA NSO can still happen but AW won't be on there. Maybe even GS as well if that rumored remake pans out.
I'm a little sad Dual Strike didn't make it since that was my first AW game, but the first two are definitely the best fit. Congrats guys.
I mean, the first two GBA games are similar and Dual Strike is kind of different mechanically. That being said, if the mobile game comes around we can see some Dual Strike CO's show up there.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That would require Camelot getting enough funds/personnel to get off of the :ultmario: sports train. Even with Super Rush, it still feels like they desperately want to keeping making RPGs.
Super Rush's course textures feel generic enough for them to be reused in another game with different aesthetics, like Golden Sun. This would be just like the GBA sports games reusing Golden Sun's engine.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mentioned this elsewhere but did they ever mention this game is being made by IntSys? I don't recall that being said anywhere. The art style is very unlike AW IMO even though it looks pretty good.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
When I read Orange Star I ****ing screamed. We did it you guys, it's real, it's coming soon, and it looks absolutely gorgeous!
I legit couldn't even process it my dude. I thought this was some kind of fake out or another Orange Star from another game. It was like my brain wouldn't let me accept that this was Advance Wars. It wasn't until Nell came that it was all like, oh my god this is actually real.

As an aside, do y'all think the CO's from Dual Strike and Days of Ruin will be DLC in this game? Or maybe even a free update?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Online play is confirmed, but only for 2 players. Now I'm curious if it's made easier (AW1 mostly, AW2 was fine in difficulty) and if there's any new content.

As an aside, do y'all think the CO's from Dual Strike and Days of Ruin will be DLC in this game? Or maybe even a free update?
Days of Ruin I don't think so because of the mechanical differences. I guess Dual Strike is possible, but Sasha would only work in AW2 because of her powers and there aren't any Com Towers in AW1-2 for Javier to work too, but they could always change or give them new powers.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I legit couldn't even process it my dude. I thought this was some kind of fake out or another Orange Star from another game. It was like my brain wouldn't let me accept that this was Advance Wars. It wasn't until Nell came that it was all like, oh my god this is actually real.

It's possible, even if just the characters with their CO Powers changed to fit this game's mechanics and balance. I can't even imagine DLC though, I didn't expect to get this far lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alright, I know we're all busy celebrating the fact our prayers have been answered, but I feel the need to remind everybody that this was the easy part. The hard part is going to be putting our money where our mouth is and showing Nintendo that we want Advance Wars to stay.
Bruh, when it comes time in December for this game to release, we all need to do our part to make sure this is a success. Hopefully, this game does a million copies within it's first month to make it's impact.
Online play is confirmed, but only for 2 players. Now I'm curious if it's made easier (AW1 mostly, AW2 was fine in difficulty) and if there's any new content.

Days of Ruin I don't think so because of the mechanical differences. I guess Dual Strike is possible, but Sasha would only work in AW2 because of her powers and there aren't any Com Towers in AW1-2 for Javier to work too, but they could always change or give them new powers.
Oh snap I didn't know they revealed online play already. How much info about the game is out there?
It's possible, even if just the characters with their CO Powers changed to fit this game's mechanics and balance. I can't even imagine DLC though, I didn't expect to get this far lol
Yeah i'm thinking those CO's have their abillities tweaked to fit the old style of gameplay. Or perhaps those CO's are being saved for a hypothetical mobile game that was rumored? Hopefully both things happen.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Watching this game shown off on the Treehouse stream was a blast seeing all the NoA employees nerd out about Advance Wars lol.

Also, they confirmed online play and 4-player Co-Op. December can't come soon enough I swear!
Congratulations on the HUGE announcement guys! :bee:
Thanks dude! Here's hoping Golden Sun gets the remake treatment next year as well.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
We're back! I can't believe we're back! Holy smokes!

Oh how I hope this sells well so we can get a new proper game. If AW ever gets a successful new game it's a shoo-in for Smash, seeing as it's by far the largest first-party series not yet represented.

Alright, I know we're all busy celebrating the fact our prayers have been answered, but I feel the need to remind everybody that this was the easy part. The hard part is going to be putting our money where our mouth is and showing Nintendo that we want Advance Wars to stay.
I'll buy ten copies if that's what it takes, haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom