• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Tommy, this is the last time I'm going to say it, and anytime afterward that you accuse us of not actually having discussed the list will be ignored.

We did discuss the players. We did not simply put players in order of how they ranked in tournaments.

You guys can accuse me of bias all you want on the matter of a revote. It's clear other players want it as well, so regardless if I have bias on the matter, I am still only one vote. Others are and will be speaking up on the matter.

The fact that Timmy has irresponsibly withdrawn from the panelist position thinking that it would automatically default to Tommy being the fourth panelist is almost proof enough of their true intentions on this whole matter.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
t1mmy was never in that position, he wasn't even asked to be in that position, so it's not like he's withdrawing from a position he had responsibility to.
From the fourth panelist position? You're kidding.

BTW, that was not my argument about being one entity, that was t1mmy, and I think he was being silly when he said that.
I know, and I never said it was your argument.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I agree, Binx.

Anybody who thinks they are fit for the position of fourth panelist should step forward now and let us know. That way, if the revote does go through, we can start right away on a vote for the fourth panelist.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I would like to step forward I think it would be fun and I have pretty common sense when it comes to smashers. Also, I am online like 24/7 so being in touch with me is not a problem.

So yeah vote for peach masta :)

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
So we have two candidates for the panel member?

Go ahead and put me down as a candidate. I think more people should just go ahead and try to be a panelist, the worst thing that will happen is that you won't win in which case you won't be a panelist anyways.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Well, Duke, the idea was to give everybody at least a little responsibility in considering whether or not they're actually qualified. I'm not going to deny anybody, though.

Just remember, guys, that anybody who considers themselves worthy of a panelist position and wants their name added to that list should consider the responsibility behind their winning the election. What I mean to say is, if you win, don't be like "lolz i wuz jk i dun wan2 paenlist". That would be dumb, and I would destroy you.

BTW, no flame intended toward Duke. It's just a statement regarding potential panelists.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Just a note, I don't mind if you call me Duke in your normal posts but for referential purpose I'd like to be called by Wikipedia. So like on the first post I'd appreciate if it said Wikipedia.

Binx

Smash Master

Abe has a beard.

And I have a beard.

Also I have protection of John Wilkes Booth.

Beard for top tier Binx for Panelist!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
so haha there hasn't actually been a vote yet so we might as well vote for me. Because as panelist I will promise to fix all of the soda machines and get you all a candy bar.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I never had the 4th panelist position to withdraw from, and I've been hesitant in taking that position due to the elevated levels of interest in this fledgling PR discussion.

This was no sudden decision, as I let everyone know my intentions well ahead of time.

I think we should acknowledge this and just vote for the "Twins" as one entity. If not, then I would step down as a panelist and vote for Tommy - I believe he has a better analytical understanding of players than I do, at any rate.
I find the accusations of irresponsibility of a position I was never apponited to... rather silly.

Really, I didn't take it the wrong way. No hard feelings. But I do want to side with Josh on this: I feel I have a responsibility for the PR List, in a fashion, because I always look at how I can support the smash community. It's just that right now I don't feel like I should be in the limelight while the heat is on.

I know a lot of you wanted to see me as panelist, Bart included, and I don't want to let anyone down. For now I'm just going to voice my opinions along with the "common" discussionists on this thread. I hope everyone can understand, my choice in this matter.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I never had the 4th panelist position to withdraw from, and I've been hesitant in taking that position due to the elevated levels of interest in this fledgling PR discussion.
..This was no sudden decision, as I let everyone know my intentions well ahead of time.
..I find the accusations of irresponsibility of a position I was never apponited to... rather silly.
Wrong .

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So Peach Masta for Panelist?

Also, I sooo hope I get on this freaking list haha I did good at this tournament hopefully that get's me into it *crosses fingers*

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i nominate peach masta because washignton unintentionally made up a big joke about a guy named peach master without realizing that you had essentially the same name

Climax11

Smash Ace
Is there no PR list for teams? I guess there aren't that many established teams in OR...but wouldn't it make them more - I don't know, worth it if rank was at stake?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
No one in Oregon really likes teams except for buzz and myself and maybe a few others but IMO a pr list for teams would kind of be a waste of time. Our team pr would basically be the same as our idividual pr except with team names and a few more people and I just think it would be unessacary I guess.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Jesse said I should be 4th panelist, and I agree. I make it to as many or more Oregon tournaments as I do WA tournaments after all.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I'll vote for a revote. I need to go respond to a PM... do other things...

yeah. thermodynamics. fluid dynamics. don't take them. Last week was the worst week in my college career... blech.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'd totally be down with you being the fourth panelist, Shane.

I wonder what it would take...

Anyway, on the topic of teams: is there not any way we could maybe incorporate teams playing into the PR list's discussion sessions and whatnot? Teams is, by far, better than singles, after all. It really sucks the majority of players aren't into it -_-.

Haha, in the PR regulations thread it doesn't say each panelist must be from that region xD!

Climax11

Smash Ace
I know I'm pretty new, and I think the idea of eggz being one of the panelist would be pretty sweet...but I don't know if he should be on the PR list...I mean, unless he's willing to move to oregon.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Oh no, he for sure wouldn't be a player on the list since he's on the WA one.

Juce

Smash Ace
well then, it looks like Shane is going to be the fourth panelist. everyone and himself wants that to happen.

and we should make some changes to it considering the fingerbang. for one, peach masta ftw.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Changes will be made soon, yeah Jesse, for sure, but I want the brackets and some sort of AIM discussion to go on before the changes are made.

Also, like I was saying at the tourney, should we change it to 15 players or no?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Alright, I'll definitely be a panelist. Tell me when you want me to post my views, and I will.

EDIT: Top 15, bolded top 10 sounds good.

Balloon

Smash Lord
The first post has been updated with an extra five spots and changes to the rankings in general.

Eggz is not officially the fourth panelist yet. Everybody in the community hasn't had the chance yet to consider and vote on whether or not he should be the fourth. We will give it a bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom