• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Yeah, it is harsh, but he wasn't at a single tournament the entire update period. That is why I said in my post, I am not ranking anyone based off pure conjecture. It is pointless, and I honestly only thought about throwing him in some place cause he created the thread. At least some of the hypotheticals in my lower rankings have some sort of tournament results I can look at to form an opinion. He has none. Most all the PR's I have looked at, have attendance/activity rules, and he would have been removed for inactivity anywhere else. I am pushing this one hard, because I want players that care about being on the PR to show up. We had 11 people last Saturday. That is pretty ****ty. This will encourage (hopefully) better turn outs, and will prevent people from having to make a "guess" as to were someone stands on the PR in order to not hurt their feelings.

Also, it isn't going to matter, because it seems to be a minority opinion, but still one that should be represented none the less. He will probably just end up with some lesser ranking he thinks he deserves better than, and someone that keeps showing up, doing hella work, will get bumped off.
His inactivity should at least take him off any panel, but he probably will come to the next tourney and do alright. I just feel that he still deserves some sort of place even with bull**** excuses he gives (such as school or whatever he says.) I think when he comes he'll at least do top 10 worthy.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I'll vote him in if everyone else is and if he wants to. But it's only fair to keep him below you, kyle and keeper by default. I think it should be up to him if he's ok with that or if he'd rather not be on this update.

keeper

Smash Champion
Nah, it wasn't about how I was playing. It was just that I assume because I don't remember it, and didn't see anything to Jog my memory in the results, it was either last update period, or maybe on a wednesday? Those 2 things are what I am primarily referring too, not how I was playing. No Johns on that ****.

Pretty positive the pennies got left on the table hahaha.
It was a Wednesday and I totally pocketed those pennies. They're still in my back pocket.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I want everyone to take a look at the lists that wants to participate in the pr discussion on Wednesday WE WILL BE FINALIZING THEN.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Who all is going to LOST? I am going to try to organize a Corvallis carpool early this time.

Edit: Jonny to answer your question I did beat him at the last Corvallis tournament, but we still go pretty even in general.

Corvallis is improving as well, Kazuki gives all of us a run for our money when he is playing well, and Brick is getting extremely good. Shane and Panda are also improving, playing smarter every day. We need to have a crew battle at the next tournament.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
oh my ****ing god guys ive been saying we need a crew battle for like 30 years I swear to god.

LOST is the 25th im pretty sure. Corvallis vs. Portland (and other cities) crew battle? 5v5?
Portland - Me, Foos, Ratking, Juce, and keeper? Im not sure. I dont know if Eggz would want to but probably.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Portland would pwn Corvallis way mega super hard. I suggest Portland vs Boring, that's whatsup!

5v1

...and this is a Burger Knight.

keeper

Smash Champion
oh my ****ing god guys ive been saying we need a crew battle for like 30 years I swear to god.

LOST is the 25th im pretty sure. Corvallis vs. Portland (and other cities) crew battle? 5v5?
Portland - Me, Foos, Ratking, Juce, and keeper? Im not sure. I dont know if Eggz would want to but probably.
I've been wanting to crew battle since I started playing in late '07. ****ing Gage picking Jesse over my for OMG Brawl crews. >=(

Also, Nathan. Stop being so silly-awesome.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I think if we did do a crew battle it should be Portland without Eggz, because we want it to at least be moderately entertaining.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I think if we did do a crew battle it should be Portland without Eggz, because we want it to at least be moderately entertaining.
well we'll decide on our crew probably tomorrow at BestBout. If Gage wants to play for us then we might replace Keeper, Ratking, or Juce for him (I dont know how much everybody wants to play honestly).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If there's a crew battle, make sure to stream it. I'll probably be at the tourney to watch it but it's something that should be streamed anyway.

keeper

Smash Champion
Crews are all I've ever wanted and I always get replaced. Why?

Also, how many players does Corvallis have? Allen, Paul, Kazuki, Panda, Brick, ?

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Corvallis has:

Me, Bird, Kazuki, Panda, Shane(Kazuki's friends, was at GO 3), Phanther, Brick and a few others that aren't as good.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Alright keeper you'll def play. Should it be Me, foos, you, Gage, Juce?
Don't you see, if you let him play in the crew battle he'll get what he's wanted all these years and then never have a reason to come to another tournament again.

Gage showed much foresight in his crew battle selection.

keeper

Smash Champion
I never submitted a list, so I'm doing that now. Hopefully you guys check it at Best Bout. I didn't go because I had prior commitments that fell through and for other reasons (motivation/slept in/bull****).
Disclaimer being I don't know where to place Corvallis or Binx since they haven't been in anything that I'm referencing as data.

Concise List] 0.5 Eggz :foxbrawl: :falcobrawl: 1.2 Juce :foxmelee: :falcomelee: 1.6 Foos :sheikmelee: :marthmelee: :dk64: :randombrawl: 3.1 Ratking :foxmelee: :jigglypuffbrawl: 4.3 keeper :sheikbrawl: :samusbrawl: 4.8 JonnyW :falconbrawl: :falconmelee: 5.0 CatPhysician :foxmelee: :falcomelee: 6.2 Mr. Postman :falconmelee: 6.5 Ryan :jigglypuffmelee: 6.7 J[FONT="System said:
i[/FONT]zzard :falcobrawl:
7.0 Brick :jigglypuffmelee:
WHERE DO I THINK THE OMITTED WOULD BE?
Paul and Allen would be around 6.0. Binx would be around 4.7 to 5.5.

1.) Eggz
Why would this be worth debating? Shane is beastly and everyone knows it. He just needs to show better self control in the tournament setting since he's self-destructive with his habits.

2 & 3.) Jesse then Foos
Jesse is about 2.2 while Foos is about 2.6. I say this because I feel Jesse is better established, and at his current level is more able than Foos. This is not to detract from Foos as he's made great strides lately and has a tendency to play better against people than I do (Foos and Jesse, I guess drunk Shane).

4.) Ratking
Kyle is solid. Consistently places in the same spot and has consistent games against the the same players (loses to Jonny, Foos, has beat Jesse and goes about even, beat myself).

5.) keeper
Five is the best number.
Really though. The last tournaments I've been to, specifically the last, I was knocked out in the following fashion:
Best Bout 7
Defeated Jeffery
Defeated Jonny
Lost to Eggz
Lost to FoosJr
Placed 5 out of 16

6 & 7.) Jonny
I can't help but feel this is a bracket problem. Jonny places higher than me by exactly one spot. So what? If I knocked him into losers', why on Earth should him having an easier losers' bracket automatically place him higher on the PR after getting knocked into losers' by someone that's ranked lower than: Eggz, Jesse, or Ratking?
Best Bout 7
Winners' bracket
Defeated Brick
Lost to Keeper
Losers' bracket
Defeated ****ard
Defeated Postman
Defeated Ratking
Lost to FoosJr
Placed 4th

Best Bout 8
Winners' bracket
Bye
Lost to Cat Physician
Losers' bracket
Defeated ****ard
Defeated THC
Defeated Ratking
Lost to Foos
Placed 4th

If the same logic wants to be used, he should be outright placed above Ratking, despite Ratking being (what I feel to be) an overall better player. The only person he beats that I don't is Ratking, who I usually have a good set with. If given the same bracket as myself, Jonny would have gone right into Foos. Following the trend, he would have been eliminated then and there and Ratking would have then gotten fourth.

Jordan should be placed about even with him, especially after beating him last weekend and being an ever improving player.

8 & 9.) Mr. Postman and Ryan
This is based on placings and the fact I have seen Postman and Ryan getting much better in the recent times that I've played them. While Ben is cited as improving, I have no experience playing him and his placings are generally lower than these two.

10.) Brick and ****ard
****ard would take priority here, but Brick is up and coming with a very solid puff. I look forward to seeing what both can bring in due time.

I'd like to think I'm the best captain in the NW
You aren't for the sole reason of picking Jesse in Brawl crews.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Alright a few of us got together tonight and had a pretty good discussion about who to place where and why I'll go into to more detail later cause I'm on my phone, but I'd like to say that we all agreed that we need to have a list of rules for the pr majority of us liked nor cal's rules. Because of this people who didn't make a monthly tournament during this ranking period were not on the list. With that being said the 5 people who took place in the discussion agreed on this top ten list

1) Eggz
2) Juce
3) FoosJr
4) Ratking
5) Jonny
6) Keeper
7) Allen
8) Dr. Cat
9) Bird
10) Ryan

That's all I'll post for now any questions about the list ask away or pm me I'll answer em to the best of my knowledge we also said we should do another update after manifest then back to once every 3 months.

:phone:

keeper

Smash Champion
What if nothing changes by the time Manifest comes around?
What were Paul and Allen based upon (not that I don't think they shouldn't be included)? Why is Paul below Allen (unless I'm missing something, Paul usually does better)?

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I tied for 5th beating Foos and Cat and losing twice to C!Z at the last Best Bout we went to. Paul got eliminated by Cat.

Edit: Kazuki and I also beat him at a tournament we had down here.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I care but I'm content with where I am. Grunt is a naysayer who for a reason which I don't know wants the PR to fail. And from what I've heard, just a ****fart in general.

Top Bottom