• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Whoa, I guess old friends can't drop by and poke fun anymore?
Sorry didn't mean to be a jerk or something. I just don't like it when people I dont know (people not in the immediate Oregon community) criticize how things are going.

keeper

Smash Champion
Who is kakaroot and why did everyone lose to him and why did he name himself after the nostalgic abomination known as DBZ?

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
he pulled a Plank, or was it Plank who pulled a Zelgadis?

smash wiki: "Zelgadis is a Fox player from Concord, CA, and a member of DBR. He gained fame with the release of the DBR combo videos where he demonstrated his mastery of the Shine in his videos "Shined Blind" and his "Evolution" video.
At Genesis 2, he tried to steal 6000 dollars in sponsor money from his crew, DBR. He has been disowned by them and the community, and is a serious scumbag."

I wouldn't say he's a scumbag, jeez.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
The Player Formerly Known As Zelgadis, is homie status. He has never done anything to us, and until then, he remains the homie. Totally down to give him the benefit of the doubt. Also we could use more good players other than just Shane. Is good practice and ****.

:phone:

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
i just met the guy saturday then i chilled with him on sunday at jesses. he seems pretty legit despite the whole 6g's incident. i dont know the whole story but until he steals from us i see no reason not to smash with the guy. He is a legend in smash and I (actually anyone in the OR community) can only get better from playing with him.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Trebor is either going to:
Perpetuate his old status.
or:
Turn over a new leaf.

It's entirely up to him, not us.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Ok, here is my tentative PR list going into manifest, I don't really see a lot changing after that, maybe some minor changes based on if people **** beds/perform like ballers, like I saw some of over the last month of tournaments. I will update/make a list with arguments based on results etc... once todays results are posted. This is just tentative and my general sentiment going into manifest. Also to be used to generate a little discussion in the mean time. Also since I didn't look at who played who, and mostly am thinking of results, stuff definitely is subject to change, mostly in the bottom half past #5

Also, if Trebor stays in Oregon, then he gets #2 I am pretty sure, maybe he gets thrown in the mix with Juce/Jonny, Jonny did beat him today, he beat jonny in Eugene, beats a lot of good players, beat Teddy at GC, wrecks in teams, inclined to give him #2, if that is the case, move everything else down a spot, and ****ard/Brick off. If he is going back to Cali, then no point in really including him in the update, he is just an OoS player that was hangin' out for a bit,l or something...

1) Eggz

2/3) Juce/Jonny - Inclined to put Jesse at 2, even though he's been blowing it, but one good argument for Jonny at 2 could change my mind. Jonny definitely has the results, and wins over Jesse, just not sure about dropping Jesse yet. Also wanna see what Jesse does at manifest before I make a definite decision. Mostly just seems like Jonny is the new Foos to me, so a #2 spot might be better suited if his current performance continues in a longer update period (I mean 5->3 is even a huge jump for just a month of updates, not to say he hasn't earned it given his performance in eugene and today).

4/5) FoosJr/Ratking - Kinda same situation that was going for me and Jonny. I still have been beating Foos in tournament sets, and seems Foos lost a little of his steam recently, Still is doing really well though, not really sure here. Will post a good argument later. If anything my best argument for putting me lower will be the same one I made for Jonny being lower before, probably be something like losing to Brick and $5 to ****ard. Need to view results and get input on this one though.

6) Binx - Dropped keeper because he hasn't come since January, even though this update doesn't really include stuff back that far, he hasn't been for awhile, and not at all during this little thing, unless he is planning to go to manifest, don't see myself not dropping him. Also, need to see bracket, but this might not be my final placement for Binx, just based off playing him in the one set I did, this is what I gathered, and the stipulation was if people that were dropped due to inactivity came in this little update period, they could reenter the PR in an appropriate spot, if they played and performed in a manner similar to how they used to. Binx definitely didn't make it as far as he was for a bit there, but he still can play the game, I just think a lot of people have gotten way better since he last came to a tournament, and the novelty of IC is starting to wear off as people learn to play. Hope he is going to manifest so I can make an even more informed decision.

7) Dr. Cat

8) Allen

9) Ryan - Not sure on moving Ryan up, and need to view results again, but I think I am dropping Bird, not positive, but that is the way I am leaning based on how memory serves me.

10) Brick/****ard -This is subject to change, but based off memory, this is what I am going with, leaning toward Brick cause he was ballin in Eugene. ****ard did beat me in a $5 money match also recently... (**** you both).

Binx

Smash Master
I felt like I was playing at a pretty high level this tournament, I got a really hard first round opponent in a skilled Ganon, I played pretty well in some friendlies vs Jonny and I feel like i should have beaten Kyle in our tournament set, but it was okay losing.

I think our 4-7 are all pretty even, Ryan is getting pretty good, **** jiggs.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I feel like i should have beaten Kyle in our tournament set, but it was okay losing.
I think that was the worst I played all day, due to being incredibly flustered with losing to jonny just moments before.

Also funny how I felt that way almost every time I lost to you previously, but never felt compelled to comment. If you'd like to confirm your suspicions, I would accept a hype 3/5 $20 mm with you gladly.

Also seems more like 2-5 are a cluster **** to me. All of these people beat 2 or 3 of the 4 of them, and lose to 2/3. It's been constantly fluctuating also, especially over the last 2 months, but for these purposes, the last month is all that matters. with 8-6 being scary but still kinda whatever, and the remaining 2 being definitely good, but still need to put in work.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Also, if Trebor stays in Oregon, then he gets #2 I am pretty sure, maybe he gets thrown in the mix with Juce/Jonny, Jonny did beat him today, he beat jonny in Eugene, beats a lot of good players, beat Teddy at GC, wrecks in teams, inclined to give him #2, if that is the case, move everything else down a spot, and ****ard/Brick off. If he is going back to Cali, then no point in really including him in the update, he is just an OoS player that was hangin' out for a bit,l or something...
Trebor is hella good but im even in sets with him. I dont know if id let him go from no spot to number two. His sets with Foos have been really close too.

Binx

Smash Master
I was up really far in our set and I only needed like 1 solid hit to finish it off on Yoshis, thats why I felt like I should have won, there are times where I felt like I should have lost to you as well and I told you so after the match.

As far as being flustered because of losing to johnny, I haven't played the game in 2 months and I'm pretty sure I killed myself directly or almost directly through stupid technical errors that I would normally not make, twice.

Not trying to disrespect you when I said that, I said I was okay losing but felt like I should have won.

It's okay though, I had a super good time and learned a lot of stuff about my style and how I enjoy playing the game and once I get enough freetime to really drill some throws I should be performing a lot better.

Anyways Kyle ggs, you were better than me that set, I didn't keep up with the rest of the tourney but I hope you did well. I hope you continue to do well in other tournaments.

Also ****ard, good **** your getting really good, and Wad you were doing a lot better after our set as well, maybe its tourney nerves? Super fun friendlies Jonny, we need to money match one of these days. Wish I coulda got a set in with Zelgadis. Shane and Otto if you guys read this I had a ton of fun playing both of you, sick matches, you are both hella smart.

Also I dunno the guys name from WA who I was doing falcon dittos with, but he was tight as **** too.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Are you talking about that fox match we had after playing our set? That wasn't tournament nerves, it was the change in character. I don't get nerves against people that I know I'm going to lose to. There was also a bit of irritation that we play every time we enter the same tournament. It's my belief that ice climbers is pikachu's worst matchup and if you played any other character I could get so much closer. I've played your other characters and ice climbers simply shuts me down. I also don't have the consistent ice climbers practice that I used to. But meh, johns. I'm just a little salty about my abismal tournament performance. Everything else was great.

Binx

Smash Master
Sorry man, yeah I know it sucks to play your bad match up, I feel like that sometimes too, like I played a ganon last tourney and I have no ganon practice, and I played Teddy the tourney before, who is better than me but also compounded by the match up. Not saying the Ganon isn't better than me too, it's really tough to tell.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
me too ^_^

shooting for #3 if I can play as well as I was last night.
Yeah, you were playing like you never stopped - plus with those hand-off chaingrabs. You'd need a strong, consistent tournament record to be placed above jonny and Foos though, IMO, with their crazy good results lately.

Is there gonna be an update right after manifest?

Top Bottom