• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I was definitely impressed with Jarod's performance. . . although the PR is pretty stacked. Especially considering that Nolan isn't on there right now.

Beating Shane might not be considered toward the PR because of circumstance. . .

Beating Ratking is impressive, but I've been getting the feeling that Ratking is just really unadaptive and good against fastfallers.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Jarod is definitely good, but who would be removed? I definitely think both Gage and Nolan should be on, so unless Jarod would beat out Adam, Ben or Ryan, then there isn't room. I think removing Kazuki might be acceptable because he might not go to anything, although if he goes to Best Bout, then I think he should stay.

Also, good games to everyone I played. I had fun, and got a decent place, next time I'll want to beat Jarod. . . Wad's peach was probably my favorite game, after running into D-smashes and getting hit by a stitch I managed to stay calm and not choke, which I was proud of. It was super close.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Kazuki will be removed and Ryan might not make it either. He hasn't been showing up to tournaments, and when he actually shows up he does poorly cause he doesn't go Puff. We'll have to talk about Shane too cause he's apparently quitting smash indefinitely.

I think Oliver, Jarod, and Keith all have a shot at getting on the PR but it's all gonna come down to what happens at Best Bout.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Shane isn't quitting, and Jarod shouldn't be be PR unless he can pass somebody(Ryan/Ben/Adam). Ryan will probably be going to BB.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I was definitely impressed with Jarod's performance. . . although the PR is pretty stacked. Especially considering that Nolan isn't on there right now.

Beating Shane might not be considered toward the PR because of circumstance. . .

Beating Ratking is impressive, but I've been getting the feeling that Ratking is just really unadaptive and good against fastfallers.
PR pretty stacked? Yeah right. Without me and juce its not even close to stacked.
And beating Ratking is impressive? since when? haha.
sorry just thought id come in and talk a bunch of **** for a second ;)
AND Someone tell ryan to stop going falco. my god what a scrub, stay true or quit playing jesus.

Binx

Smash Master
Did I miss another tournament?

Also guys if you reload your avatar pictures it will fill up the rest of that grey space.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Jonny you are the worst type of person lol.

Edit: Binx, you should fix up the look of the PR as well when we update it.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Isn't the person who wins GFs the winner? If so, I don't think anyone won. Although winning WF and LF guarantees Gage and Foos 2nd. Good job getting 2nd Gage, you'll get 'em next time!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Bro, I won in WF and we agreed to split. The 1st goes to who's in the upper bracket. I'm the flawless champion of Oregon. All bow to your champion

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I went ic once against his peach and lost so went fox. I only played puff in like gf of doubles and one match in lf of doubles. Other than those games, I went all ic's

T0MMY

Smash Master
The only reason not to have those Eugene players ranked is due to NOregon bias.
Rank them fairly, my friends.

And now to rank the previous posts on how much salt they contained and displaced any sensibility and credibility
1) Debaser - He is so salty I utterly owned Bart (both in Smash games and with intellectual debate). Your friend got pwned and now you go down with him.
Starcrossed lovers?
2) Debaser (again) - Once again showing he is still salty about me pwning his starcrossed lover:
tommy single-handedly brought the whole thing down on his own.
When someone steps out of line, I put them back in place 💪

Actually, while I have an edit, 3rd place goes to:
3) Purpletuce - A relatively unknown token Yoshi main you can see below who decided to mouth off about a pointless opinion as if it really could sway matters instead of focusing on a PR discussion.

Speaking about PR discussion:
🔮 I somehow predicted that the Eugene players were not being ranked accurately and the Portland players placed above them were overrated due to NOregon bias. How did I know that would happen? Their PR update vindicated everything I said.
And I'm not sure any of you are still around in the Smash community to see yet another TOLD YOU SO. But this post is here to stand testament by the Oregon's All-Time Greatest Smash Champion(TM) for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Binx

Smash Master
Im not as active as I should be so I don't know the answer to this but who in eugene should be ranked higher than Kazuki in your opinion?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Everyone has an input on the pr t0mmy we have a few panelists if people can't make up their mind, but I'd say we're as non biased as we could be. I just look at results and who they've beat in tournament during that ranking period, so if the other Eugene players wanna get ranked (which I know a few of them have the potential to be) they have to start showing it more often in tournaments and not just doing well one day.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm just going to say if you want a non-biased PR then just go with a performance-based PR. Rank people based on how well they do in tournament and it will increase the motivation on attending events.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Tommy, why are you posting here? At the tournament in Eugene last Saturday you made it very apparent you know nothing about the current Melee scene. (From a southern Oregon smasher who doesn't have 'NOregon bias'.)

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
1 | Eggz | :fox: | Hillsboro
2 | FoosJr | :sheikmelee: | Salem
3 | Ratking | :fox: | Portland
4 | Binx | :popo: | Gresham
5 | Alien | :falconmelee: :troll: | Beaverton
6 | Bird | :falcomelee: :luigimelee: | Corvallis
7 | Adam | :fox: :falconmelee: :marthmelee: | Eugene
8 | Brick | :jigglypuff: | Corvallis
9 | Big Dick Keith | :peach: | Eugene
10 | Bench | :marthmelee: | Eugene

My thoughts on the PR, what do you guys think?

Honorable Mentions:
11) Ryan | :039: | Portland
12) WQQQQWRT | :falcomelee: | Eugene
13) Jizzard | :falcomelee: | West Linn
14) Kendall | :drmario: | Vancouver
15) Purpletuce | :yoshimelee: :039: | Corvallis
16) No U | :sheikmelee: :kirby2: | Vancouver?

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Ratking loses to quite a bit of people, and Binx has lost so some people, for consideration. Although everyone on the PR has someone who tends to beat them, except for Eggz and Foos. Brick has had all around better results than what you have, maybe move him up. J!zzard below Bench and Kieth? No way. He has lost so Kieth, but he is bad at the MU, and I saw him 4 stock bench. Here is what I'm thinking, we base the list off of how many people an individual might lose to in tourney. . .

1 Eggz
2 Foos
3 Gage (might beat Foos, but I don't know anything about how they played)
4 Ratking
5 Binx
6 Brick
7 J!zzard
8 Allen
9 Adam
10 Paul/Ryan

Agreed with the mentions, maybe not the order, and add Seth, and Bench/Kieth.

It seems there isn't a clear answer to what to do with Bench/Kieth. The both player characters that can kinda CP some people who don't know the MUs, and both of them are solid, but they don't seem consistent. Both of them have one good tourney and solid PR win, but one isn't enough for consistency. (Kieth beat Brick and placed well today, Bench beat Ratking and placed well at Eugene.)

Edit: I'm the prophet.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
There is some bias, but there's not much.
Anyway!
My thoughts on the Oregon PR
1) Eggz
2) Foos jr
3) Gage: I don't think he's as good as Foos. Even if he beat him once.
4) Binx: Why not?
5) Ratking: I think Binx is better. But that might be because idk what the hell I'm doing when I'm playing ICs.
6) Alien: I think everyone can agree with this placement.
7) Brick sometimes does well, sometimes he doesn't. He beats me cause I suck vs Puff, but he's lost to Bird and Keith. I think he's beaten some people but i don't know who.
8) Adam (myself) I think I'm better than Brick but I suck vs Puff (I've never beaten a Puff in tournament, only mms) I always beat Keith, and I beat Bird this week and last week.
9) Keith: he's been training a lot and he's not choking anymore. I almost put him at the 10 spot but he's just done so well recently that I think he deserves the 9 spot. Keith beat Bird last week, and he beat Brick, Binx, Ryan, and Jizzard this week.
10) Bird: I beat him this week and last week. Keith beat him last week. I don't think he's beaten many PR people as of late.

Missing:
Ryan: hasn't been showing up to tournaments and he didn't do that well at this last one. I think we can all agree he has the skill to be on the PR but he just doesn't have the results
Jizzard: hasn't beaten people. He finally beat Jarod though!
Kazuki: Did pretty well at one tournament (the one that got him on the PR), did okay at the next, haven't seen him since... I think most people will agree that he should be taken off the PR. Hopefully he starts showing up more.
Oliver: has been taking a break from smash recently to focus on school. What a nerd!
Jarod: sucks

EDIT:
I like your list Allen, but I think you have Bird too high.
Purpletuce, you're insane

Binx

Smash Master
Me and ratking's games have always been close, last time I played Gage he beat me pretty hard but I've figured out a lot in the puff match up and would like to see how I would do.

Eggs please stop ****** me so hard, there is obviously something extremely wrong with how I am playing vs you haha.

I had a TON of fun today playing with everyone good **** to anyone who played me today, you guys were all awesome. I feel like my reads were really good today and I feel like I've learn a lot about my character recently and when I can use some of the moves I didn't use as often before. Was a good tournament for me, also even though I was eliminated by Peach this was without doubt the best I've performed against that character in tournament in a LONG while so that was pretty sweet.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
next time we play, it's IC dittos, bruhhhhh. I main IC's now. Jiggs only for doubles against teams I don't think IC's could do anything in and sometimes against Peach if I don't feel like Fox can do it

Binx

Smash Master
Keith actually really impressed me with his play vs Allen he might deserve to be right under him, although I dont know who else he beats. Other than me of course XD

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I like Adam's list except that Gage is too high. He went to one tournament and he didn't even play half the PR.

EDIT: The only thing I like about Logan's list is the previous GOP VP candidate is at 10. The top 5 is decent as well I guess.

Top Bottom