• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Juce

Smash Ace
so kevvviiinnn, MSN doesn't work, and i have late lunch. tomorrow i think VG is coming, and i guess anyone else that wants to can as well. so use AIM kevin

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Nice try, but the fact that I already said I don't like them makes it fail for you. Besides, you can't flip the subtlety around by not even being subtle, that's even more fail. I wasted every clever option for that as soon as I posted.

Oops, what I meant to say was: calm down, dude - you're taking this too seriously and getting too offended here.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Nice try, but the fact that I already said I don't like them makes it fail for you. Besides, you can't flip the subtlety around by not even being subtle, that's even more fail. I wasted every clever option for that as soon as I posted.

Oops, what I meant to say was: calm down, dude - you're taking this too seriously and getting too offended here.
I'm going to go ahead and take the high road and say...

Your mom.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Justin, don't you ever pull that **** with me. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're (half?) joking like I'm assuming Watches is. I will ****ing destroy anyone who deliberately attacks a friend or family member of mine.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Alright, i'm tired of such improvement that i'm getting, or am I?

I was doing very well against Timmy and Tommy, unless they were sandbagging, that'd be lame, but yea, that's two potential wins for the next tourney xD...

Well, see you all at the next SF:E, I can't wait

Binx

Smash Master
Josh your mom is cool, dont take things so seriously. I like you, we played didder together. And you rock the Mew2 =D. And apparently you listen to a bunch of music, whats not to like, I just think that watches comment was really funny therefor he wins. (everytime watches talks in RL though I wanna hit him in the head, anyone else have this instinct?) Rofl.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If I sandbag, I make it obvious like F-smashing over and over again. So, no VG, I wasn't sandbagging.

...but t0mmy was.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Alright, i'm tired of such improvement that i'm getting, or am I?

I was doing very well against Timmy and Tommy, unless they were sandbagging, that'd be lame, but yea, that's two potential wins for the next tourney xD...

Well, see you all at the next SF:E, I can't wait
What, me, Sandbag?

I think you're improving well, but the real test will be SF:E.

Josh et al, it doesn't matter if Dragonforce is a terrible band or not. Unless they're so terrible they just quit making music. If that's the case you could probably just call them and tell them you'd want them to play for your kid's birthday party alongside Pipster the Clown for $50 if you want to listen to them so badly. I didn't make this Smash-based thread on a Smash-based forum so we could argue about music and your mom.

If you're interested in anyone's taste in music, ask them to burn a disc for you and bring it to the next Smash event. If you don't like the music they like, don't troll. But really, I'd like to see us keep this on topic so we don't have to drudge through so much spam.
If you want to post so much, go to the Idaho Smash Thread and tell them to come to SF:E http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75560&page=15
kthx

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh, I wanted to mention more about the non-profit monthlies.
I was thinking about setting up a Group over at tia.com, but I figured most of you don't have a tia profile (even though you should).
Should I hold off on that until everyone gets a tia profile, talk about the monthlies here, or set up a new thread here on smashboards?
Personally, I would prefer the tia group as OSM is spammed up with discussions about Dragonforce and Pokemon :^p

cmin

Smash Ace
smashing with mcs all day is just ****

oh and guns topspeed is amazing! lol binx it really exists!

T0MMY

Smash Master
What is this topspeed you speak of?
Wasn't Gun getting destroyed by Rage at Gamer's Guild? How did you do against him?

joshisrad

Smash Lord
osh et al, it doesn't matter if Dragonforce is a terrible band or not. Unless they're so terrible they just quit making music. If that's the case you could probably just call them and tell them you'd want them to play for your kid's birthday party alongside Pipster the Clown for $50 if you want to listen to them so badly. I didn't make this Smash-based thread on a Smash-based forum so we could argue about music and your mom.

If you're interested in anyone's taste in music, ask them to burn a disc for you and bring it to the next Smash event. If you don't like the music they like, don't troll. But really, I'd like to see us keep this on topic so we don't have to drudge through so much spam.
This thread has always been a big spam topic and we've talked about a myriad things beside smash. Moreover, you both need to stop talking in my direction when you're actually addressing everyone. Because geez, if you think I started the topic then you're crazy.

VG: using timmy and tommy as a base to judge how good you are isn't a good idea, especially because they do sandbag a lot - almost as much as me - and don't either of you deny it because you know you do :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
t0mmy, I think Cmin meant to say "Gun's top speed is amazing." At least, that's the way I read it after a couple tries. And it doesn't matter if he was getting destroyed at Gamer's Guild - he had just arrived and didn't get a chance to warm up which matters more than a little when trying to play Fox.

Josh, I don't call it sandbagging... that word is tossed around too much.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Josh, if you want a good death metal band, check out Opeth. Not sure if you've heard of them or heard them, but they are known widely both as an accessible death metal band for those who don't like death metal as well as a mind changing experience. Those who before did not think they liked death metal and its brothers learn to appreciate rather than misunderstand the music genre(s).

cmin

Smash Ace
lol so gun has this thing where he tries to reach top speed. at first i thought it was a joke, but its a real thing that exists. lol its more of an inside joke between us and jayce and binx and i think rage knows it too lol. after a game of smash, check your scores/stats, and there is an award called topspeed and gun goes to like 512. i dont know what it means but its awesome

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Eh. If you want to get into metal, go for power metal. I recommend Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Machinae Supremacy, Vision Divine (About half their songs are great, the other half are meh. Best album is probably Stream of Conciousness), a very select few things from Sinergy, and Megadeth.

There's also something to be said for progressive-esque stuff with heavy guitar work. Stratovarius gets into that territory a bit, as does Yngwie Malmsteen (and most electric guitar "virtuosos" for that matter)

cmin

Smash Ace
sandbagging is a john. thats why i only lose when im sandbagging =0

nice video jesse. i played that kid down at oc3... hes pretty good.

i think to eliminate this sandbagging problem we have in oregon, we should all try to 4 stock our opponent everytime we play just so you can laugh at them. this in turn will cause you to play much harder.

or another solution is... everytime you beat someone, you make fun of them and laugh at them and tell them you are better this way they are angered and try hard to beat you back. this works really well with me cuz if i start to sandbag playing with binx and he beats me once, i get frustrated so i try real hard to 4 stock him the next round. now i never sandbag against anyone anymore this way i can just say i own everyone if i beat them regardless. so everyone, stop your sandbagging, its gay and lame and you should only sandbag when your ankle is broken like jesse, or if you are missing a thumb, or if your eyes fog up

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Oh yeah I dig Opeth a lot. My only gripe is the screaming. But I just don't really like the genre. More into prog metal.

*I don't ever sandbag with Mewtwo. :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
My john is I need motivation. What really gets me going is a challenge... which is probably why I enjoy playing Kirby. :)

Top Bottom