• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Well I don't know who you are but I dug your thoughts and the way you expressed them. So sure.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Gameclucks anyone? Who has a car?
As of now there's 4 people who want to go and are probably willing to like take the train or something, so anyone else want to come and get like 10 people from Oregon going?

Alternatively, Timmy/Tommy, you guys want to go and van us Portland people up there?

Climax11

Smash Ace
If theres 4 people that are going to go by train, I might be interested in going/driving if gas is covered :) (which in turn I think turns out cheaper than a train for you all.) I'm extremely broke so this is reallly my only option for going.

Who all do you have interested?

Awesomasaur

Smash Rookie
oh hahah. Wouldn't you like the brawl website better?
Probably, though I've started avoiding Smash Bros. forums in general just 'cause they're usually filled with drooling ******* who take everything way too seriously. I just came here to hang with the cool kids. :)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Me, Deus, Xeris, and Foos. Train there and back is like $50, so yeah, even with gas ridiculous carpooling is way cheaper. We'd all be able to put in like $20 for gas I think.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Fun is subjective.
Yah, I kind of figured that out quite a bit ago... My point wasn't in regards to the individual to figure out, it was that fun should be the focus of it, not arguing like a bunch of tards about which game is better. I've had fun these last few Brawl tournaments.

Can anyone tell me if there will be reduced lag for playing people who are in a closer proximity to you?

And is there a way to check how many people are from Oregon on these boards? Kind of curious.
Lag depends on a lot of factors. Obviously it takes time for information to traverse one area to another and back, so Oregon players should cut back on that kind of lag.
The answer to your second question: Check the first page.

Gameclucks anyone? Who has a car?
When?

Alternatively, Timmy/Tommy, you guys want to go and van us Portland people up there?
Possibility... but why are you making me answer on this site instead of AiB? I just lurk here in case I miss something.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Styl~ - With the way Nintendo WFC works, distance is a pretty insignificant part of the entire thing. Whether the pikcky system likes your router and likes how it works with the person(s) you're trying to play with affects you 1000x as much as distance. Basically, lag on WFC is always present because of terrible servers (not even dedicated servers), and because of bad networking.

Gameclucks is on the 26th, there's a giant Gameclucks thread in the Pacific West region.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
HEY EVERYBODY!!!!

Jayce wants to have a small little tourney fun this weekend. I'm guessing it is more leaned toward Noregon, but I'm sure all you Soregon children are allowed. So yeah anyone interested post here.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm up for Gameclucks if we can get everything organized in time.
If we can't get anything going for GC, then we'll probably be at the Jayce Place.

Carpool discussion can be found here:
Travel Plans

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
GET SOME: STRICTLY SSB BRAWL TOURNAMENT EDITION ALPHA 7

quick note: space will be limited to about 20 people... possibly more. i realize its short notice, and that there is GC this weekend, but i thought why the hell not? 20 people smashing together is better than 20 people smashing on their lonesome.

WHERE: 957 ne 122nd APT 102
WHEN: saturday april 26th
doubles - 1:00pm
singles - 4:00pmish
(insert fun tournament option here) - after singles
WHAT?
PHONE: ill put my number up closer to saturday, if you have questions direct them to this thread, the GET SOME thread, my aim: jaycerighthurr or peachmasta's aim: funktastic888888

this will be STRICTLY BRAWL because people ***** too much about melee vs brawl and it drags down the environment. i just want to have a good time.

rules will be the same as standard melee except for stages, which i will decide on in the next few minutes... or tomorrow.

singles will be 5 bucks
doubles 5 bucks per team

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
well i need to experience that a little more. you should come up with minh, we can have drunken melee saturday night

T0MMY

Smash Master
Looking at all the other tournament fighters out there, Brawl is way better.
I guess you could have a preference of either Brawl or Melee, but it seems like the Melee players are more interested in trying to bash Brawl than play Melee.

Awesomasaur

Smash Rookie
I guess you could have a preference of either Brawl or Melee, but it seems like the Melee players are more interested in trying to bash Brawl than play Melee.
Nah, it's more like the Melee players start whining about the lack of Melee tournaments, then the Brawl players get overly defensive and interpret this as them bashing Brawl, the Melee peeps start joking around, the Brawl players take it too seriously, and then it degrades into a ****fest of comedic proportions from there.

Let's all just sit back and enjoy our Nintendo mascot fighting games. :D

debaser

Smash Lord
Nah, it's more like the Melee players start whining about the lack of Melee tournaments, then the Brawl players get overly defensive and interpret this as them bashing Brawl, the Melee peeps start joking around, the Brawl players take it too seriously, and then it degrades into a ****fest of comedic proportions from there.
Dylan, you're pretty cool

T0MMY

Smash Master
Maybe you people should put a search in for "Brawl sucks" and see if I'm actually misinterpreting anything, haha.
Funny thing is I keep my eye on tournaments and a lot of them say "we should have a Melee only tournament, no Brawl, because it sucks" and then they forget about having a tournament and just post how there are no combos and something paper and rocks, I forget...
Gimpy's 10,000th post is wasted on this topic as well.
Like I said, let's play the games, any of the three.

And, Binx, Good Luck! Rep that Pokemon Trainer!
Edit: Watch out for Moochero, he's good.

Top Bottom