• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orlando, FL - Otronicon at Orlando Science Center, Jan 16

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Just feels like it brings down the intensity. I mean look at brawl compared to melee
I see intensity in Brawl and Melee differently because I can take apart the different physics of the game and accept them for what they both are individually.

What I see as intense in one game is not (nor should it) equal to what I see as intense in another game.

Kudos to you specifically bringing up Brawl vs. Melee. Let's delve into another series, shall we. Look at 3S and SSFIV. Both games are relatively slower paced that SFA but are generally regarded as better games than SFA.

But it doesn't matter.

All these games, except for Melee and MvC2, are slow so that means they are bad.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
payouts? kinda interested :3
Gift cards buddy.....

LOL jk

I wasn't at this tourny, but I know the top placings received gift cards. I don't know the amount.

I like to think 3S is faster. Also... Super Turbo is the fastest SF.
3S is not faster than Alpha,....

...and yes, ST is the fastest SF. No damage scaling in that game plus 3 hit dizzies....... **** that game.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
one day, i will expel my bad luck like a demon in an exorcism movie

Mampam

Smash Ace
that DYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK was too long

i see publix helped extend the DYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK, in doubles

good **** publix and artic

good **** on winning mero, now i have to destroy you ;)

gdx putting in work

get ***** hrnut :troll:

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Ryo - Dude you have improved soooooooo much ;O ur another san ;O ggs man, total respect, and happy early bday

HRnut- Was nice seeing u again, i dont think u knew i can use a LOT of chars so the 10 strike thingy was on my favor :) next time snake vs mk. i got dis <3

GDX- good **** on finally takin a set off me offline, u ***** me pretty bad, i worked my way up and got my revenge :) gdxdabess

Gallax- I enjoyed our friendlies, i thought u were just a normal brawler, but ur pretty good ;o

RadiX- Never got to play u :( hopefully next time :<

Mink- It was nice to meet you, im horrible vs zss as MKs, u just let urself open a lot =/ and i dont get how u beat my DK, nickR had a hard time doing it =/

Solo- Sick wario u got, u almost beat me in a mm dk vs wario ;O i dont get how... i usually **** warios -____- frikin cgs lol

Jeff- My ics da bess :p good **** on ur 2nd place man, i hope we could friendly offline since we live soo damn close, hope to c eachother next time. if theres a next time cuz i cant go to tourneys that much due to work, school, and kickboxin <__<

Arctic- good games, in our money match, i dont think u know how to play vs warios much =/ great fox tho, ull prob beat my wario next time.

Ggs to everyone i played, the tourney was super lame, but i guess i cant do nothin about it. now to go back to darkness until i appear again, so for now ill still b hearin "mero u suck, ur not pr'd in FL nub" etc etc

i could care less about rankings, if i was to gt payed to be ranked i would, being ranked just shows that u spent ur life going to tourneys, go do some kickboxin.

other than that, hope to meet sum of my friends again :3

BTW TO THIS GUY'S FEST, gallax or whoever's, i wanna go, i haz no ride, i can give gas, when is it? if we're staying over, it would be better. get sum hot bishes tho, mink bring yo gurl

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Ryo - Dude you have improved soooooooo much ;O ur another san ;O ggs man, total respect, and happy early bday

HRnut- Was nice seeing u again, i dont think u knew i can use a LOT of chars so the 10 strike thingy was on my favor :) next time snake vs mk. i got dis <3

GDX- good **** on finally takin a set off me offline, u ***** me pretty bad, i worked my way up and got my revenge :) gdxdabess

Gallax- I enjoyed our friendlies, i thought u were just a normal brawler, but ur pretty good ;o

RadiX- Never got to play u :( hopefully next time :<

Mink- It was nice to meet you, im horrible vs zss as MKs, u just let urself open a lot =/ and i dont get how u beat my DK, nickR had a hard time doing it =/

Solo- Sick wario u got, u almost beat me in a mm dk vs wario ;O i dont get how... i usually **** warios -____- frikin cgs lol

Jeff- My ics da bess :p good **** on ur 2nd place man, i hope we could friendly offline since we live soo damn close, hope to c eachother next time. if theres a next time cuz i cant go to tourneys that much due to work, school, and kickboxin <__<

Arctic- good games, in our money match, i dont think u know how to play vs warios much =/ great fox tho, ull prob beat my wario next time.

Ggs to everyone i played, the tourney was super lame, but i guess i cant do nothin about it. now to go back to darkness until i appear again, so for now ill still b hearin "mero u suck, ur not pr'd in FL nub" etc etc

i could care less about rankings, if i was to gt payed to be ranked i would, being ranked just shows that u spent ur life going to tourneys, go do some kickboxin.

other than that, hope to meet sum of my friends again :3

BTW TO THIS GUY'S FEST, gallax or whoever's, i wanna go, i haz no ride, i can give gas, when is it? if we're staying over, it would be better. get sum hot bishes tho, mink bring yo gurl
o you kick box? you should talk to solo more he dose that MMA with my friend albert. im a wrestler tho

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
o you kick box? you should talk to solo more he dose that MMA with my friend albert. im a wrestler tho
cool cool. kno anyone that likes to have friendly fights? i need to whoop sum ***

2-DJeff

Smash Master
cool cool. kno anyone that likes to have friendly fights? i need to whoop sum ***
nsh in washington they do. ask your kick boxing trainer he will hook you up. You gotta remeber in FL if u aint kimbo and you whoop someones *** they gonna take it to seriously and try to **** you up next time they see you with weapons

황미영

Smash Champion
Lol, it is only that way if you happen to act like a ****.

Just like how we play this game for competition, fights are done in the same way. So whether one wins or loses, don't be salty and you can try again in the future.

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Mero, me and mah bro like to. Especially mah brother. ;D
Nice nicee, i kinda noticed cuz he seems like one, but my specialty are kicks, so if i go one day to ya'll's house and i have some friendly fights, dun get mad if i kick ur face xD

Caps05

Smash Cadet
**** otronicon. Good **** artic tho handed me my *** as zss got it close second match.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
soo.........no one is gonna talk about how bad this tournament was? we're just gonna be fine with it...hmmmmmmmm

@mero

I'll play a real match with you when you don't have wifi advantage. You gotta admit that **** was laggy as Fvck I couldn't do anything i wanted when i played ness....or we could even do the ten character strike on a non laggy tv guarantee you that i'll win

we can MM a 10 character strike set.

hrnut on raz's account

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
soo.........no one is gonna talk about how bad this tournament was? we're just gonna be fine with it...hmmmmmmmm

@mero

I'll play a real match with you when you don't have wifi advantage. You gotta admit that **** was laggy as Fvck I couldn't do anything i wanted when i played ness....or we could even do the ten character strike on a non laggy tv guarantee you that i'll win

we can MM a 10 character strike set.

hrnut on raz's account
TVs were as laggy as the MLGs. nothing worse or i wouldnt have been able to cg on the TVs, and even non laggy, all those chars i used i mostly use them offline, so either way we 10 char strike again, ill most likely win again. and next time, just go snake on my mk son.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Those tvs were definitely worst than MLG wtf are you talking about...the only reason you won is because of the lag...you probably didn't notice how bad it was cuz you play tons of wifi but that was far worst than mlg...next time lets mm 10 character strike on a non laggy tv even you win then ill say its legit simple as that...i coudn't react on that lag with ness bro thats the reason you won that match otherwise i wouldnt have loss trust me same crap for GW

hrnut on razeks account

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the lag itself was way worse than mlg.

i used to play wifi along time ago, and my TV lags alittle bit (being HDTV) so I just got used to it quickly. thats why i didnt care that much :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Why don't we all agree Otronicon just sucked and leave it at that? Leave the salt at the dinner table.
lol daaaamn. i like it

again, i went mainly for the convention itself and not the actual tourney, so there isnt as much salt in my veins as others who came for the exact opposite. really the only thing im upset about is how i lost the sets that i did, moreso than usual

황미영

Smash Champion
Nice nicee, i kinda noticed cuz he seems like one, but my specialty are kicks, so if i go one day to ya'll's house and i have some friendly fights, dun get mad if i kick ur face xD
I like kicking too, since it has longer reach. xD But don't worry we don't get mad or anything. It's only in the spirit of competition. ;D

Y lol, dicen que tu ganas por que eres bueno en wifi, si o no no importa eso significa que con wifi alguien tambien se puede mejorar.

;D

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
the lag itself was way worse than mlg.

i used to play wifi along time ago, and my TV lags alittle bit (being HDTV) so I just got used to it quickly. thats why i didnt care that much :laugh:

You can only beat me on wifi since a while ago u beat me 2 times straight on wifi, offline u havent until otronicon. im not sayin ur bad offline, i got certain chars i use on wifi only, and offline only, so anything is fine, i find anything normal if i can cg with ics.

btw good games gdx

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Those tvs were definitely worst than MLG wtf are you talking about...the only reason you won is because of the lag...you probably didn't notice how bad it was cuz you play tons of wifi but that was far worst than mlg...next time lets mm 10 character strike on a non laggy tv even you win then ill say its legit simple as that...i coudn't react on that lag with ness bro thats the reason you won that match otherwise i wouldnt have loss trust me same crap for GW

hrnut on razeks account

I use certain chars offline and online, only wifi char i used was zss, but ive used it on MLG DC too, which u say the tvs are less laggy than otronicon, and beat tearbear and a lot of other guys, and stop gettin soo salty, if u lost, U LOST. next tourney i go to, be there, we money match, then if i win then too bad, guess this supose "wifi player" gave u da digg, if i lose, then cool u were right.

and after we have the mms, we'll never strike again. all snake vs mk. snake has adv on wifi so u cant john cuz i never use mk on wifi :3

btw why u tryna argue with me? u got something u needa say to me?

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
I like kicking too, since it has longer reach. xD But don't worry we don't get mad or anything. It's only in the spirit of competition. ;D

Y lol, dicen que tu ganas por que eres bueno en wifi, si o no no importa eso significa que con wifi alguien tambien se puede mejorar.

;D

Tos son unos llorones jjajaja, hay gente en fl q me ganan on wifi, pero yo les gano offline, pero na a mi no me importa lo q hablen, donde sea q jugemos con to y eso les voy a ganar :p

y cuando vas pa un tourney ;o?

y cool, cuando este 100% on track en kickboxin, le digo a mi pai q me lleve pa alla para darte un pal de pelitas en brawl y en kickboxin <3

BTW I CANT MULTIQUOTE, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW NOR CARE, MODS USUALLY INFRACT ME SO I COULDNT GIVE A(insert badword here)

Thank you

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You can only beat me on wifi since a while ago u beat me 2 times straight on wifi, offline u havent until otronicon. im not sayin ur bad offline, i got certain chars i use on wifi only, and offline only, so anything is fine, i find anything normal if i can cg with ics.

btw good games gdx
Huh? Have I ever played you on WiFi before?

And I'm moreso salty about my loss to ryo due to how the stage killed me. I don't think there were any stage kills in our sets

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Have I ever played you on WiFi before?

And I'm moreso salty about my loss to ryo due to how the stage killed me. I don't think there were any stage kills in our sets

oh yes we played, on SBR, was a little long ago tho.

Top Bottom