• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Orlando, FL] Otronicon is here! And better than ever. 1/14 - 1/17

2-DJeff

Smash Master
But Mero could.........

It's prolly that wifi practice LOL jk

Good stuff Mero and Ryo
yea he could but he went mk all tourney. mero is good on laggy tvs which makes him a high ranked player because he can adapt to any style. i couldnt adapt at all

2-DJeff

Smash Master
no johns at all i got ****ed up lol
not in teams though lol
ryo team made me mad because it will always come down to last person and some how we will lose lol. ryo and g love to good lol

mariolink1224

Smash Rookie
Me and Solo got 2nd in teams lol GF was played on pirate ship and wario ware for fun lmao xD good **** ryo and Glove there too good.
Im upset that the tvs were laggy so i couldnt play IC at all. :(

GG man im glad you came out to play even though the tvs were bad lol our wario MK team is too good
It was a good experience, especially since I've only been to a couple of brawl tournaments. The wario/MK team was tough to keep up with, but it was a good game. ( I was the luigi/falco player btw).

2-DJeff

Smash Master
It was a good experience, especially since I've only been to a couple of brawl tournaments. The wario/MK team was tough to keep up with, but it was a good game. ( I was the luigi/falco player btw).
yea i remeber you guys. keep it up you guys did good!

aye guys tell me why wen sax aka bebop was droping me and my bro off and the door was locked and i told him to press start to unlock the door? lmao

SAX

Smash Ace
yea i remeber you guys. keep it up you guys did good!

aye guys tell me why wen sax aka bebop was droping me and my bro off and the door was locked and i told him to press start to unlock the door? lmao
Oh man! That was soooooooo funny! XD

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Hey - at least I got them to shell out some cash this year! I got on them pretty hard about that, too. Did you get any other goodies? I know NLL pitched in some stuff. The free NOS all day was pretty amazing too... I would be jittery as %^@# right now but NyQuil is working some amazing magic... Time for sleep. See you guys for melee tomorrow.

The prize was just $145..... and i have to pick it up on tuesday

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
2-d, I have chars that i only use on wifi, and chars i only use offline, wifi lag & TV lag is not the same, and u cant say no cuz ive been doing wifi since 08. if my ics can cg perfectly, the supose lag wasnt that bad cuz i cant cg at all on wifi. it had lag, but not the WIFI lag

P.S i have no idea how to Multiquote cuz i only get on smashboards when some1 tells me about a tourney, so dont get butthurt

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
41 players for singles? That's not just an all-time low, that's literally a third of what you've had nearly every past year. I thought you'd lose some players after last year for various reasons, but nothing like that. At least 31 teams is better than last years turnout.

I don't really understand what you meant about the top 8 singles not being able to play. Did you guys get to semi-semis and just call it a day, or what?

Eh? Last year we had 59 for Brawl (looking at the old bracket right now). The top 8 2v2 thing was because the 2v2 began at 5pm, 1v1 began at 1pm. Those who were still in at around 4:00pm were the top 8. I had announced on the PA (three times) that doubles registration was closing. It was a little loud though so not everyone heard the announcements. By the time registration was closed downstairs it was too late for some of the folks. It sucked! I'm going to have registration staff on IRC with me at all times next year through the entire event so I know what is going on at all times on all floors of the building. It really was a bummer for these guys, they would have rocked the 2s hardcore.

EDIT: About to close registration for melee 2s. Melee community - I AM DISAPPOINT! Only SIX teams so far. You guys need to pick it up.. I'm going to be at the next NLL tourney to entertain you all, so be there!

I'll keep you guys posted on the 1v1 tourney as it arrives at 4pm.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
my bad luck knows no bounds

i think imma just bring an entire rabbit to a tourney. just a foot wont be enough, i think

Sleek Media

Smash Lord

Eh? Last year we had 59 for Brawl (looking at the old bracket right now). The top 8 2v2 thing was because the 2v2 began at 5pm, 1v1 began at 1pm. Those who were still in at around 4:00pm were the top 8. I had announced on the PA (three times) that doubles registration was closing. It was a little loud though so not everyone heard the announcements. By the time registration was closed downstairs it was too late for some of the folks. It sucked! I'm going to have registration staff on IRC with me at all times next year through the entire event so I know what is going on at all times on all floors of the building. It really was a bummer for these guys, they would have rocked the 2s hardcore.
Last year there were only 59 singles? There's no way, unless you had about 50 spectators in that room. Regardless, there were around 120 entrants for the first few years at Otronicon; I remember them closing up registration. A 40-man turnout is great for one of the little tournaments these kids hold in a fire hall. It is nowhere near what I would expect from a video game convention.

EDIT: About to close registration for melee 2s. Melee community - I AM DISAPPOINT! Only SIX teams so far. You guys need to pick it up.. I'm going to be at the next NLL tourney to entertain you all, so be there!
Ha...
Haha...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I like you Cecil, but I really have to take this chance to say I told you so. I hope you get your priorities straight next year and stop treating Otronicon like your own personal LAN, because as you can see, they are two very different things to run.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Man. I got the boot from this tourney because i scored in the top....
Sounds ****tttty. :(.
Salty Johns.
Goog job Ryo on givin' the dic to everyone....

Laggy TV Johns.
Not being able to use your controller Johns.
Being k9icked out because we got in free and someone never gave us an entry bracelet so we had to either leave or pay 16 $ johns...

PS... results thread please.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
dtor mero needs the tutorial and nah mero im not saying your not legit at all im saying your really good. and idk its just me i guess

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Melee starts in 20 minutes, there is this annoying little fat kid who has so far drank 4 cans of NOS and won't stop bothering me.. FML.

Anyhow, looks like there will be a pretty impressive turnout for melee 1v1. More than last year for sure. (More than 32)

..This kid smells like sour milk and crushed dreams.
EDIT: OH GOD now it smells like farts :(

Let the games begin!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Melee starts in 20 minutes, there is this annoying little fat kid who has so far drank 4 cans of NOS and won't stop bothering me.. FML.

Anyhow, looks like there will be a pretty impressive turnout for melee 1v1. More than last year for sure. (More than 32)

..This kid smells like sour milk and crushed dreams.
EDIT: OH GOD now it smells like farts :(

Let the games begin!
whens results? lol

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Tourney underway now. 37 people, highest otron melee turnout in 2 years actually. Sorry if this offends you Sleek Media ( <3 )

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Tourney underway now. 37 people, highest otron melee turnout in 2 years actually. Sorry if this offends you Sleek Media ( <3 )
aye i thought we get paid cash and what was the pay out for teams because me and my bro only got a 35$ visa gift card for 2nd place brawl doubles

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Their payout I believe was 20% goes back to the center, 60% 1st and 20% 2nd. It might have been 50/30 though. Did you get anything else? I was kept in the dark about prizes this year. At least it isn't a bunch of lunchboxes this year lol.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Their payout I believe was 20% goes back to the center, 60% 1st and 20% 2nd. It might have been 50/30 though. Did you get anything else? I was kept in the dark about prizes this year. At least it isn't a bunch of lunchboxes this year lol.
i just did the math its accurate to 1st60% 2nd20%

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Umm...congrats? The Brawl turnout was an all time low (not just for Brawl, but also Melee when it was the current Smash), and Melee was a recent high (as in, since Brawl came out). Combined, they're still not even close to previous years, which is the problem you are ignoring. The fact that you came here to beg for doubles entrants is telling enough.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Standings

1st ???
2nd ???
3rd ???
4th Captain Crunch
5th - 6th Fish
5th - 6th Nyax 116
7th - 8th LPShuriken
7th - 8th Andrew Mercantini
9th - 12th Win
9th - 12th Zach Tahner
9th - 12th Temp
9th - 12th Timmy Parsons
13th - 16th Colt45
13th - 16th Andrew Merlin
13th - 16th Alex Vongcha
13th - 16th Nate Perez
17th - 24th Jushua Freyman
17th - 24th Emosora3
17th - 24th Timothy Martin
17th - 24th Jacob Jonikian
17th - 24th Brett Otero
17th - 24th Mathew kowalewski
17th - 24th Andrew Mercantini
17th - 24th Briana Vega
25th - 32nd ElMuttNut
25th - 32nd Daniel Perez
25th - 32nd freewin
25th - 32nd Budnick
25th - 32nd Eric Budnick-portillo
25th - 32nd freewin
25th - 32nd Bryan Del Rosaro
25th - 32nd Maxwell Baker
33rd - 48th Robert T. Tukadarian
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th Jimmy Williams
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th James Williams
33rd - 48th Travis Knudsen
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th -BYE-
33rd - 48th Epic Darkness
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-
49th - 64th -BYE-

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Goddamnit, post the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw i cant change my name to MeroKnight like AiB right? :L

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Here is brawl:

Rank Player/Team Name
1st MeroKnight
2nd Ryo
3rd GDX
4th Hrnut
5th - 6th
  • RadiX
  • Gallax
7th - 8th
  • Arctic
  • Jerz
9th - 12th
  • G.Love
  • SOLO
  • Mink
  • Bebop
13th - 16th
  • Caps
  • Zach Tahner
  • The Dark One
  • Bryan Hohns
17th - 24th
  • Michael Parsons
  • Michael Jones
  • Ray
  • Andrew Mercantini
  • 2-D Jeff
  • Timmy Parsons
  • Overlimit
  • Pure Korea
25th - 32nd
  • Mini Toro
  • Ultra
  • Devon Patsel
  • Doc
  • Tim Kaufman
  • Durp Hurp
  • Ryan Dowling
  • Timothy O'Leary
33rd - 48th
  • Zombie Teke
  • -BYE-
  • Gogotigerbones
  • Dillan Heartening
  • Matthew bigelow
  • -BYE-
  • -BYE-
  • Bad.B
  • Bel
  • -BYE-
  • -BYE-
  • Ben
  • NogistuneLee
  • -BYE-
  • -BYE-
  • Maik

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
They should also just change my account name to "Cecil" if the original one is in active...

If not, [NLL]Cecil

Top Bottom