• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OST] Finally! Original Brawl OST ripped!

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman

Captain Brawlimar

Smash Cadet
This thread is subscribed, bookmarked, and LOVED. Thank you SO much for doing all this. You have no idea how great this is for me. Brawl's soundtrack is one of my favorite parts of the game so far. Plus it's a part that I don't need the game to enjoy, at least not anymore. ^_^ Thank you!

wholahay

Smash Rookie
Have you considered putting the soundtrack on a torrent? Relying on a site like MegaUpload or SendSpace, especially for something to big and so in-demand, is probably not a good idea. I don't actually know how to make a torrent archive, but it might be worth the effort to find out how.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I wouldn't object to it being hosted on megaupload. No matter what the quality, if you're the first with a ripped soundtrack your server would not be able to handle the load. Hell, my PHOTOBUCKET links are down because of like a few images that I hosted during the Famitsu stuff =/
That's true, it might be better to throw it on Megaupload anyway simply because your bandwidth is going to be used up extremely quickly with people downloading a 1gb file.

And as much as I absolutely hate torrents, that would work too. Just download it in Opera if torrents are used since it has BT built in.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Awesome can't wait hopefully you go with the mega upload track so we can have high quality mp3s just separate them in the packs by series.

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
HOLY FFING HELL.

314??? This is madness! Madness? THIS IS BRAWL!

In all seriousness though... I imagined around 240 music pieces. But 314... That's just. AWESOME.

EDIT: OOOOOH Hang on.

Don't record them in CBR (Constant Bit Rate). Record them in VBR (Variable Bit Rate) instead. It's the best quality around, plus, it saves space, since the bitrate at silent parts will be low and at really loud parts very high.

CBR has a constant bitrate, so it still has 128/192/320 (Whatever) CBR on the silent parts. Lesser bitrate means less space taken.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm with the idea a pack per series and not the whole thing.

What's with the quality thing? Is it really that different? I hope not :(

Starscream

Smash Ace
I didn't read through all 4 pages so if this has been answered already then my apologies.

Will you be releasing the OST as a torrent? Brawl quite possibly has the best video game soundtrack of all time.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Have you considered putting the soundtrack on a torrent? Relying on a site like MegaUpload or SendSpace, especially for something to big and so in-demand, is probably not a good idea. I don't actually know how to make a torrent archive, but it might be worth the effort to find out how.
Yeah. A torrent site hosting this would be wonderful. I usually get this kind of stuff from torrents. I got the Galaxy OST from a torrent.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If people want, if he does it via torrent and I download it, I'll upload each of the files separately in megaupload who don't know how to use bittorrent and may even name them as I'm quite familiar with Nintendo music (dunno if I can do the artists, though, I'll probably need some help with that). But I'd say bittorrent would be the easiest way, since it'll be easier to just get the whole OST in one download rather than separate ones on megaupload of sendspace.

Goombob

Smash Rookie
Could anyone name all the Pokemon songs that's been revealed?

Pokémon Main Theme
Pokémon Gym / Evolution
Wild Pokémon Battle!
Tokiwahe Road from Masara Town / Nibi City (Pokemon Bike riding)
Victory Road R/S/E
Vs. Team Galactic
??
??
??
??

Did I name them all? There's only a few slots left. Chances of any champion themes are slim :(

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
If people want, if he does it via torrent and I download it, I'll upload each of the files separately in megaupload who don't know how to use bittorrent and may even name them as I'm quite familiar with Nintendo music (dunno if I can do the artists, though, I'll probably need some help with that). But I'd say bittorrent would be the easiest way, since it'll be easier to just get the whole OST in one download rather than separate ones on megaupload of sendspace.
Sounds fine to me.

ShadeofDante

Smash Cadet
Although Torrent would be the best option for mass distribution of a project this big...

If someone really could upload parts onto Megaupload, it'd help us folks stuck at Universities who are unable to torrent... =)

This looks promising either way.

dabookerman

Smash Rookie
Hi, im new here, i just wanted to know is there a rip of the MGS4 love theme anywhere? The only one i know of is the one that was posted on the dojo, but thats too short :(

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much Xane! But just so you know, the "Battlefield 01" you posted is the Menu 1 (Super Smash Bros. Melee), and yea it does play on Battlefield. I say this because there is actually a song called "Battlefield " that plays on Battlefield and there's also another song called "Battlefield Ver. 2" and people might get confused. The song you posted called "Battlefield 02" is new to Brawl, but I don't know which it is. That could be the one called "Battlefield", who knows. Thanks for the songs though!

Syzygy

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome! I'm so excited for this. If somebody could possibly set up a torrent, that would boost the download times immensely when we download it en masse. 1gb is a lot for megaupload.

Remember, the higher quality, the better =D.

Thino

Smash Master
Thank you so much Xane! But just so you know, the "Battlefield 01" you posted is the Menu 1 (Super Smash Bros. Melee), and yea it does play on Battlefield. I say this because there is actually a song called "Battlefield " that plays on Battlefield and there's also another song called "Battlefield Ver. 2" and people might get confused. The song you posted called "Battlefield 02" is new to Brawl, but I don't know which it is. That could be the one called "Battlefield", who knows. Thanks for the songs though!
both those songs play on Battlefield , even that Battlefield 02 song

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
both those songs play on Battlefield , even that Battlefield 02 song
I know, I was just letting him know that that Battlefield 01 is actually called Menu 1 (Super Smash Bros. Melee). It's no big deal, just saying.

celebi23

Smash Cadet
When you do the final conversion to mp3, could it be at least 256kbps if possible, maybe even 320? I'd be fine having the collection size being a bit larger if it meant the audio quality was better. Oh, & is this your torrent http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4009466/Smash_Bros._Brawl_Music_ripped_from_the_game_disc_(314_tracks) ?

Oh & here's the joined "Falcon Punch" audio clip. Joined the 2 clips in QuickTime Pro. It's 256kbps 72Kb so, it should fit fine with cell phones.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bjdnrttyb9x

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Very nice!...But I wish you could up the volume for these....My speakers are running at max and I'm barely getting anything ;-;

...Also a Torrent sounds like a good plan....

zdude255

Smash Rookie
A torrent would be more appropriate for a project of this size. With good clients, (Azureus, I know, but there are others) you can download individual files, which is impossible with any file uploading site.

That and the benefit of continuing the download later should your connection drop. The download speed will also be much faster once the torrent gets seeded a bit.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
OH MY GOD!! The Sonic music is PERFECT. I love Runblebee's Secret Rings in Hand, and I LOVE the instrumental of His World. I'm so glad it's not the vocals one.

This game is PERFECT.

Burumage

Smash Cadet
Ok, so there are 12 kirby musics total, minus 2 victory musics (kirby and DDD get the same one I think) makes 10.

10 only for kirby! :kirby: now I dont want to know, Ill spoil it!

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so there are 12 kirby musics total, minus 2 victory musics (kirby and DDD get the same one I think) makes 10.

10 only for kirby! :kirby: now I dont want to know Ill spoil it!
No, the 12 Kirby music pieces are separate. Check the first post again, the victory themes are in a different category, so there are 12 Kirby music pieces.

spindash

Smash Ace
..my god.....

The game... It's perfect... I didn't think we'd get His World in this game...

I WAS WRONG! And it's the best instrumental version EVER!!!!

GAME OF THE CENTURY! WE CAN'T ARGUE THIS.

Top Bottom