• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OST] Finally! Original Brawl OST ripped!

M.K

Level 55
Sigh, I'm sorry for flying off the handle like that. I ask for an easy download in the past and people just shove torrents in my face -.- Kinda annoying after a while.

*sigh* oh well, I'll just wait until they release a REAL easy one.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I DON'T WANT TO USE A GOD **** TORRENT.

Believe it or not, not everyone has the time or the power to download that crap freely. I don't appreciate not giving people OPTIONS. I don't want to use a torrent, now give me another option.
nice feedback :urg:

this won't take a minute WTF....torrents ARE the best\fastest method now....

want another option??? search throwgh the thread for dierct downloads that won't let you download...

silver777

Smash Champion
BitLord is really bad actually. Azureus is the only one worth downloading. Its easy to use even for beginners and the advanced mode works well for those more accustomed to using these programs.

I disagree with what you said about the tracks with lyrics. I mean perhaps its a little silly seperately, but when you are actually playing the game I'm sure you wont really notice.

The Final Destination music is awesome, and the starfox and zelda music is also really really great.
Well it works great with me...oh well..

About the Vocal tracks, well i don't find them appealing AT ALL as videogame music...I love VG music alot, anything with vocals is a no-no in my book.

however that Pikmin song "Ai no Uta" is extremly beautiful...=) I dig calm and peacefull stuff like this alot ^__^

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Metakirby, a torrent IS simple.

Frankly, if you want somebody to put this OST up on their server just for you, it won't happen. That would drain a huge amount of bandwidth (look at Brawl Central when they started revealing actual spoilers; took them out for a couple days). Whatever website puts the OST up for an "easy download" would get hammered and taken down; if they managed to stay up it'd be slow as hell.
Torrents are totally free, simple (a lot of techies overcomplicate it but its actually quite easy) and often significantly faster than "easy downloads". All you have to do is give it a bit of time to find a seeder and you're downloading fast.

Torrents are simple.
1) Download Bittorrent. www.bittorrent.com (Once you use them for a while uTorrent or Azureus will be better, but for now the basic Bittorrent program is all you need).
1.1) Install Bittorrent.
2) Download torrent file from the first post, open it in Bittorrent.
3) Wait. The download speed will hugely fluctuate. This is normal. It will usually finish in under ten hours, depending on your download speed.
3.1) Do not screw with your Bittorrent settings. This includes limiting your upload rate. Honestly, just leave the options alone to be safe.
4) When finished, leave Bittorrent on. This allows you to share the file to other people automatically.
5) The downloaded folder is a huge folder with a bunch of lovely MP3s compiled by Xane. Put them on your iPod, listen to them in Winamp, or just look at them and marvel at how many there are.
5.1) CAUTION. If you leave Bittorrent on to "seed" (share to others) and move or modify the folder, you could cause difficulties including redownloading the whole thing. When you get the giant folder, copy it somewhere else if you plan to work with it (including adding to your iTunes folder, unless your iTunes automatically copies stuff) and keep the original to share via Bittorrent.

If that's not easy enough, then you should just pay somebody to download it for you on their computer. You'd be surprised how many $5 bills I've made downloading large files for people who don't know how to use or refuse download online.

And if you think having torrents "shoved at you", try offering to pay for the bandwidth uploading the full OST to a server would cost. Try to think of people like Xane, who named all the files individually so that you can listen to it. Its annoying for them to have people ungratefully ask for "easy downloads" when torrents are easy, fast, free, technically workable (unlike uploading to a server), not to mention having step by step instructions mentioned several times in this thread.

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
Phew. Just enough to fit them on the hard drive. This soundtrack is made of so much win, I have to download it. Until an official soundtrack is released, then my guilty conscience will make me delete it and get that.

...I hope not.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Since it's yet to answered:

Hey, quick question. You say there's 27 X tracks, but I count 24 on the OP. What happened?

Also, the file count on my computer comes up to 313. Minus the tracklist, it's 312, one more than if three files are missing from the X tracks. Needless to say, I'm confused.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Some people are saying that it's possible that only one layer of the disc has been really decrypted and ripped. This would explain why Andross and Lakitu are not on the AT list in the code on the disk.

If this is true, it's possible that the missing music may be on the other layer, correct?

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Some people are saying that it's possible that only one layer of the disc has been really decrypted and ripped. This would explain why Andross and Lakitu are not on the AT list in the code on the disk.

If this is true, it's possible that the missing music may be on the other layer, correct?
Yes, very true, but HOW can there be MORE!? This is already like a gaming record or something like that, so if you are right... this would just... it would be... just... WOW...

If there was more, I'd be happy at getting more awesomeness for my iPod, but angry that I have to download forever and ever again.

Ive been downloading for 2 hours and 3 minites now, and I have 10.7% percent of the OST downloaded... :tired:

SandTiger said:
uTorrent. What i meant was, the torrent won't download from the front page
Oh, I see... err... it worked for me... maybe there is something wrong with your browser, I dunno. Just restart your PC, or change some interenet/browsing settings, and see what happens. Im stumped... you could have a very bad problem there if you really want the OST. Just try fiddling around with settings and restart everything... thats all I can think of... sorry for not being able to be of much assistance...

silver777

Smash Champion

Yes i heard about that too.

...If there was indeed some missing tracks, do we have to change the torrent file altogether???

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065

Dunno.. but I'm currently downloading the DoubleLayer version~
I'm also curious. :>

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I've been downloading for about two hours, 45% , 3 Hours remaining.

You guys have your download,upload rates set wrong, or are just using ****ty programs.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Or they have bad connections due to their ISPs and can't upload as fast. Or when they started most of the seeders turned off their PCs.

Lots of reasons aside from user error.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
I've been downloading for about two hours, 45% , 3 Hours remaining.

You guys have your download,upload rates set wrong, or are just using ****ty programs.
No, I got em right. Im getting a lot of errors with the torrent, which is slowing it down, and the seeders are screwing around and I cant connect to them properly (most of the peers are also american, and im english, so the distance may affect the d/load). Oh, and in my area we cant get very fast internet, just average. YOU just have an insanely good connection speed, and the seeders and peers that you are connecting to are'nt as screwy as mine.

Oh, and im using BitTorrent, BTW.

Im 3 hours, 45 minites in, 21.7% d/loaded... time remaining keep ranging from 10 hours to 1 day and 10 hours... (????wth????)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Personally I don't know if anything will come out of this double layer thing. I mean, people have been thinking about it for a while but nothing has come up yet has it?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9

Why is the F-Zero stage in Brawl Port Town... yet there is no Port Town music?

Isn't that... weird? Unless one of the tracks is named wrong or something.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet

Why is the F-Zero stage in Brawl Port Town... yet there is no Port Town music?

Isn't that... weird? Unless one of the tracks is named wrong or something.
I was thinking about that. It is rather unusual. I suppose it lends a bit of credence to the dual-layer theory (although I think that's BS, its only popular because it means that more stuff can be hidden). If it is "hidden" in the other layer, it would need to continue F-Zero's muzak; none of it is "missing".

SpiritAshura

Smash Cadet
Is there atleast a link to directly download the new Final Destination song? That's really the only one I want minus a few others but isn't that big of a deal. I can't do torrents at school.

Edit: Just kidding didn't see the mini pack at the end of the first post.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Isn't track A01 called Super Mario Bros.: Ground Theme on the dojo? why is it listed as mushroomy kingdom 1-1?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I was thinking about that. It is rather unusual. I suppose it lends a bit of credence to the dual-layer theory (although I think that's BS, its only popular because it means that more stuff can be hidden). If it is "hidden" in the other layer, it would need to continue F-Zero's muzak; none of it is "missing".
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Port Town fom F-Zero is an awesome track. We get the stage, but not the music that _actually_ plays on it? Makes no sense.

Meriux

Smash Rookie
the brawl OST is easily found at any major torrent site :p listining to it right now ;D

nec9

Smash Rookie
downloaded it in like 5 hours...but well worth the wait, great job man, ill be listening to this stuff for quite awhile on my ipod :D

xigon

Smash Apprentice
This i so weird...

i was gonna post something here that the download was at 99% for 9h now. When i finished writing the post, my finger was just ontop of the submit and then the download just finished....
what luck?

Top Bottom