• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to attend. Sign me up!

@ Alan:

The thing with the coin match is that every single player will be resistant to the idea because of how radically different that game is. Anyone who loses will john that "it wasn't the same game" and BS like that.

Aside from that, I hate ledge counting, so this is 100 times better. This is an excellent way to discourage planking, since most hardcore MK players won't want to do a coin match. It will give them an incentive to not plank. I would be willing to support the testing of this change.

Godlikeabt

Smash Rookie
Im new to ottawa but i would love to test out my brawl skills in competitive play, so perhaps count me in.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Since Alan posted an idea for anti-planking, I want to post one too. My friend told me about this. I believe he said it was being implemented in some places, but it was a while ago. Anyways, it goes like this:

No more winning by percents

"If there is a tie in stocks by the match end, then the players do a rematch of 1 stock and 4 minutes."

That was my friend's suggestion. I think he also said something about a ledge grab limit in the rematch as well, but I'm not too sure. Maybe infinite time could work? I suppose that it's possible to have infinite patience an outlast your opponents nerves, though. Anyways, I have always found winning by percents to be a disagreeable rule.

Thoughts on the idea?

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, quick update time.

Bryant will be home at 12 o'clock noon. You guys can show up any time after that.
I get off work at 3 o'clock PM. Bryant may be driving to pick me up (to save almost an hour's walk)
So from maybe 2:45 to 3:15, there won't be anybody home. If you show up between those times, have patience, we WILL be back ASAP.

I just want to avoid having anyone show up and feel like we ditched you guys.

PND

Smash Champion
@Anyone interested in coming:

PM me for the address. We'll be starting doubles soon, PM me and I'll get the PM on my phone so I know if I can confirm you guys or not.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
BI-WEEKLIES 2.0 #1 - RESULTS:

Melee Singles:

1. Charlesz ( :fox: )
2. PND ( :jigglypuff: / :marth: )
3. Chloroform ( :fox: )
4. HiDef ( :ganondorf: / :peach: )
5. Linkshot ( :luigi2: )
5. Divine_Haze ( :falco: )
7. Knuckles ( :fox: / :shiek: )

64 Singles:

1. Divine_Haze ( :kirby2: )
2. DWreck ( :kirby2: / :yoshi2: )
3. PND ( :falcon: )
4. Knuckles ( :kirby2: / :pikachu2: )
5. HiDef ( :kirby2: / :pikachu2: )
5. Charlesz ( :fox: )
7. Godlike ( :fox: )
7. Chloroform ( :falcon: / :fox: )
9. Lunchbox ( :kirby2: / :pikachu2: )
9. Jiggernaut ( :jigglypuff: )
9. Linkshot ( :link2: )

Brawl Singles:

1. Divine_Haze ( :diddy: / :popo: / :falco: )
2. Knuckles ( :metaknight: / :snake: / :dedede: )
3. SolN ( :marth: )
4. PND ( :snake: / :metaknight: / :wario: )
5. Linkshot ( :lucario: )
5. Godlike ( :ike: )
7. HiDef ( :kirby2: )
7. Jiggernaut ( :jigglypuff: )

Shoutouts to come tomorrow... Night!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Godlike used Fox in 64. Confirmed. I also used Jiggs twice in Melee.

SHOUTOUTS WHILE I STILL REMEMBER THINGS!

Jiggernaut: I didn't play you, but great to see you as always!
Godlike: I didn't play you either, but I hope to see you more!
HiDef: Sorry for all the bad luck in Brawl. At least you got your due on me in Melee! I was looking forward to teaming with you in Brawl.
SolN: Good to see you again, and your Marth is still tearing up the place. Grats on 3rd!
Lunchbox: Work on your 64 skilllllllllll
Chlor0form: You're still a great Melee player. That's good to see. Been a while since I saw you, so it was good. We didn't get to do Melee teams :(
Charlesz: Congrats on Melee! You are still a king.
DWreck: Holy **** you are great at 64.
Knuckles: Was interesting to see you not go MK, but it definitely showed there's more than just the character at work. Congrats at 2nd, and thanks again for the ride to Baseline.
Divine Haze: Double 'grats for winning 64 and Brawl. I'm going to say right now I should have played more patiently in our Brawl set :p You're so fun to play against.

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT

PNDMike: You are a beast. I will pay you back for that pizza. You hosted a great night, and a great barbecue beforehand. Congrats on 4th. Thanks for showing me Thinkaman's post. I loved it. I'm looking forward to you hosting biweeklies. I had a great night. Thank you so much. Props.

BONUS SHOUTOUT

Drunk Guy on the Bus: Thank you for not taking my hat after all. You're pretty chill. Go to Nova Scotia sometime!

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
SHOOTOOTS!

Knuckles - good **** in singles... thought you were gonna beat me in both sets, glad you didnt though! :psycho: 64 was fun too! Doubles next time please, Team Katy Perry is ballin'.

PND - Oh potatoes not dry, you crazy kid you. Good **** in 64 and brawl. YOU LIVE WITH MEEEEEE NOW

SolN: Congrats on third place in brawl singles, your marth is a beast. You are soooo **** patient and don't make mistakes. It's epic.

HiDef: WELCOME BACK TO OTTAWA YOU CRAZY MOFO!!!!! Missed you like crazy, but you need more kirbycides in 64!

DWreck: You wont see this, but congrats on 2nd in 64 ;)

Jiggernaut: Didn't play you, but thanks for coming out.

To all the new people that "I" haven't seen before, thans for coming out and hope to see you again.

PND

Smash Champion
Haze: Good sets bro. *Almost* had you. Congrats on the double first
DWreck: Our 64 sets were SOOOO good. Congrats on 2nd (almost 1st)
Knuckles: Good matches, even though we only played in Brawl.
HiDef: So good to see you back, we'll melee it up like crazy next time.
Charlesz: Your Fox is on a whole 'nother level. I remember when we used to go fairly evenly, those were good times :p Now that I'm back, I'm gonna practice like mad to get on your level again.
Godlike ADT: Nice Ike, you almost had me in our set. Thanks for coming out, it's great to see new faces.
Chloroform: Man, you just can't get past Jiggs, eh? Next time we play I'll try out some other characters.
Lunchbox: I totally forgot you entered. How did you matches go?
Jiggernaut: Man, watching you vs Orlando was amazing. Like, I could literally see you growing as a player before my eyes in midmatch. You're going to be a major threat soon, count on it.
Linkshot: Let's all bask in the glory of Thinkaman. I don't think we played any matches, we'll fix that next time you come over.
Soln: Man, holy crap. Two third places in a row? Perfect reads and patience? Exceptional stage control? I could gush on about you and your Marth for paragraphs and have nothing bad to say. I'm so glad your back. I said it last time too, the age of Orlando is upon us (again >_>)

Next biweekly is on the 25th! Get hyped, y'all

PND

Smash Champion
Repost since no one got hyped.

Next biweekly is the 25th, get hyped y'all. PR will be revived at that time, with a possibly new (!) panel.

Get hyped, confirm yerselves, and bring setups plz?

EDIT
Oh, and surprise coming next month. :) :)

It's an awesome surprise.

PND

Smash Champion
Great news everyone!

I get my laser eye surgery on October the 8th!

Terrible news everyone!

In a bargain to get the time off to get surgery, I now have to work on Friday from 5 to 9, so I won't get to enter any events. (Maybe late events if we have them)

The biweekly is still ON, and I will still be there after work to play friendlies and hang out and what not.

Top Bottom