• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Jesus ****ing Christ, both of you quit this stupid *** drama.

Vanitas, you hardly did **** besides bring up wobbling. Don't get depressed about it. There is no reason for you to leave.

Charlesz, are you ****ing serious? You aren't on a god **** most wanted list. Just because you are criticized, doesn't mean you are hated. If you're going to be ****ing butt hurt about wobbling to the point where you don't want to be a part of the scene, then I suggest getting the **** over it. Are you seriously not going to enter the tournament solely because of Wobbling? Or do you honestly think everybody hates you over something that honestly hardly ****ing matters and will honestly probably hardly effect the ****ing results?

How about a compromise? This time wobbling will be legal and next time it won't. After that it will be, next time it won't. Rinse and repeat. That way, we can compare how well Ice Climbers do with or without wobbling before we make a 100% final decision. It's better that we have actual evidence than theory craft about it.

Both of you are pretty cool guys and I'd rather that both of you stay. Alright? No more drama ****, especially in this thread. It's ****ing stupid.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Asians have always been at feud with each other. [/history]

I don't care about Wobbling...I just wanna play Melee. I don't care if you turn coins on or something...Melee is still Melee.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I agree with Linkshot. Melee is still Melee.

Charlesz, if you are worried about when I said:

Like what Linkshot and Vanitas said, Charlesz does it all the ****ing time EXCEPT WHEN HE WINS. I'M CALLING YOU OUT CHARLESZ. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR HERO DOES IT, IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT IT'S ANNOYING AS HELL.
well, that was about as serious as the BC GAYL crap we do all the time. I'm pretty sure you can take a joke. Your welcome to do the same stuff to me.

Edit: If anybody does that to my brothers though, I'll beat them up irl.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Here's how the infinite works: when you are hit while in a grab, you become stunned and cannot leave the grab. You also cannot escape the grab while being attacked by the player grabbing you. Because the IC's are two people, this lets them take advantage of this fact. In short, with good timing, you have both Ice Climbers alternating hits so the opponent cannot leave the grab.

This is from wobbles himself. I don't see " your opponent may be able to escape if they are less than 40%". It is plain and simple, you get grab and you cannot leave the grab.
When you mash out of wobbling at low percent, you're typically breaking out before Nana recovers out of her grab animation. Which would mean you're breaking out before the wobble has started (assuming we define wobble by headbutt/f-tilt grab infinite).

This isn't wobbling, but it's me vs SW. Sheik's grab attack, to my understanding, is faster and less laggy than Ice Climbers' headbutt. He breaks out immediately after I hit him, even with C-stick buffer for D-throw.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
*Sigh, if all I'm doing is just causing chaos and arguements to the Ottawa Melee scene, I'll gladly leave if everyone thinks I should. If I can't get along with someone with the scene, what's the point of smashing when it was created for fun games to have with each other? I thought it was just a game but to someone else, it seems more than just a game to him to the point he would swear at me for such a trivial matter. Does everyone feel the need that I should leave the scene? Be honest.
That is true, I ain't gonna lie lol. And nah I don't think I will sign up for the tourny, I'm probably on the Ottawa Smash Scene's most wanted list by now. I DONT WANT TO GET MUGGED!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, I haven't laughed like this in a while.

What I'm trying to say is:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

@Chris: Amen

PND

Smash Champion
So. . . I've convinced HiDef to come to the tourney. And Knuckles is considering it. I just need to convince Haze now and the PNDCrew will be in full attendance. I can try and convince Buenob, Ariel plays now judging by the epic post above me, and I can try and convince Livewire to show up.

Hype?

@Chris: Would you be able to host that many people? >_>

EDIT: Haze says he'll probably go. EPIC.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I shall host on saturday at the regular time. Tell me if you are able to come.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
@Chris: Amen
Word.

'sup gaiz guess who plays melee now?
Metaknight? Oh god I hope not. D: Seriously though, if you refer to yourself then that's great to hear!

So. . . I've convinced HiDef to come to the tourney. And Knuckles is considering it. I just need to convince Haze now and the PNDCrew will be in full attendance. I can try and convince Buenob, Ariel plays now judging by the epic post above me, and I can try and convince Livewire to show up.

Hype?

@Chris: Would you be able to host that many people? >_>

EDIT: Haze says he'll probably go. EPIC.
Alright, I'll update dis shiz. My brothers' room should be fine, it's pretty ****ing big. my room however is pretty small and there will only be 1 TV. People can probably cram in it though. **** could be CRAAAAAZZZEEEEEE.

I shall host on saturday at the regular time. Tell me if you are able to come.
I'll probably be able to come. I'll confirm tonight.

YES ARIEL! We ll finish what we started! (pokemon battlez) Welcome to the scene :)

....WOW so many people! this is going to be epic! Iunno if so much people can fit into Chris' game room thingy...
Buenob was considering in playing melee from wut i remember a whiles back
Just for lols and giggles imma list the people in the scene naow

Vanitas
BL!TZ
M3GA
Florence
Cman
Linkshot
Chlor0form
GanonPWN!
PND
Hidef
Haze
Zylem
Possibly Buenob
Possibly Knuckles
Possibly Arsenic
Possibly LivewiresXe

PR anyone after this tournament? lololol
That's a pretty long list of people. I'd wait before making a PR though, let things settle to see who wants to stay active and what not.

Edit: People will need to say whether they want in Singles and Low Tiers. If you just say you want in, I'll put you in Singles.

Edit: We'll need more setups. Another TV or two would be good.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I might be able to be convinced, yeah. But do know little if anything about navigating Kanata except possibly how to get to Scotiabank place, and haven't been in over a year and a half.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I might be able to be convinced, yeah. But do know little if anything about navigating Kanata except possibly how to get to Scotiabank place, and haven't been in over a year and a half.
If you mean going to the tournament, it's at my place which is not in Kanata. If you want the address then PM me for it.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Yea sure, i mean half of these new people used to be barwlers
they might go back to barwl if they find out Metaknight isnt in this game! :O
Should we raise the entry fee if there is going to be this much people? just wondering
You forget that Metaknight is a little ***** and nobody likes him.

I'm going to leave the entry fee the way it is. I'd like to keep the price as low as possible without making it stupidly low. I'm paying for my brothers' entrance too so I don't want to use too much, lol.

I may add doubles if there enough people.

I'm changing the stage strike rule, it'll be in a 1 2 1 2 order. Order will be decided by port priority, although I admit it's hardly an issue in Melee.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Doubles event is not confirmed as of yet, though I'll put it in the post. Wait until the day of, but I would recommend people find a partner before hand.

Edit: I have a request for people:

Please tell either PND or I whether you are interested in entering. Even if you may need to pull out, I'd like to have a list of people who may be attending. During the last week I will be asking everybody to confirm.

Edit 2: Al, put the tournament stuff above the league stuff, lol.

PND

Smash Champion
Regarding entry fee:
I'm pretty sure the reason that my friends are interested is because it's only $3. I don't think they'd enter if the stakes were any higher.

Regarding doubles:
Doubles is too good. I'd prefer doubles to low tiers. . . and I love low tiers.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Regarding entry fee:
I'm pretty sure the reason that my friends are interested is because it's only $3. I don't think they'd enter if the stakes were any higher.

Regarding doubles:
Doubles is too good. I'd prefer doubles to low tiers. . . and I love low tiers.
Ok, that's good to know. I'd like Low Tier Doubles too actually, I'll just confirm that and Doubles. I hope we'll have enough time.

Which reminds me, I'll have to decide on a time now. People should probably show up from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm for friendlies and to set stuff up. Tournament will probably start when everybody is there, but I'll make 2:00 pm the starting time for now. People will probably be able to stay until 8:00 pm. Sorry if it's early for some people.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
How about we drop the League for now and bring it back in the future?

Ideas for Doubles and Low Tier Doubles entry fees?

Edit: Found out yesterday that Single Ice Climber in Low Tier is not legit. Rainbow Cruise messes up getting rid of the Second Ice Climber.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I have an idea actually. A rule could be like this:

If both players agree, a single Ice Climber may be used during a set. However, Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar may not be picked. Character selection must occur before Stage selection. The Ice Climber will have 10 seconds to remove the second Ice Climber. Going past 10 seconds will result in a disqualification of the match at the discretion of the opposing player and the TO. The opposing player must be courteous and not interfere with his opponent as he removes his second Ice Climber from the playing field. They must also maintain reasonable distance from his opponent (on the other side of the stage, close to the edge). As soon as the second Ice Climber is removed from play, the players may commence the battle. This is repeated every time the Ice Climber loses a stock.

It's long and tedious but it covers everything I think, lol. It puts the Ice Climber at a bit of a disadvantage but it's fair enough. I find Single Icie kind of lolz.

Edit: Are people okay with the fact you can change your ban during a set? I personally like it more as it encourages people to use more characters in a way.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Regardless of whether or not you use Ice Climber, the rule will be in place. I'll be tweaking it a bit.

I wonder how Linkshot will do. He mains a Low Tier and everything, but at the same time I wonder if he would be used to facing other Low Tiers at a higher level of play. He'll probably do well anyways.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
hahaha kk sounds good

imma bet Linkshot will get top 3 at the very least. Yea hes probably used of fighting High tiers this whole time lol. Nonetheless his Game&Watch is quite impressive.

Random side note: Where is Chlor0form nowadays? :O
And Chris do you mind messaging GanonPWN! about the tournament?
Ya, I was thinking the same. I think Chlor0form still signs on but he was just not posting. I'll tell him and GanonPWN! they can sign up if they like.

Edit: Do people have setups they can confirm?

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
i could bring snacks/drinks...lol
my parents would kill me if they knew i were going to smashfests instead of 'studying with a bunch of friends'
I'll probably do that too. I hope I can get more money before the tournament. It's going to cost me $21 for all events for myself and my brothers. If anybody wants to donate money, I'm willing to accept now, lol.

Apparently my mom thinks it's a good thing I play Smash Bros, lmao.

chlor0form

Smash Journeyman
hey, soz no replies from me for awhile. i kinda didn't want to get involved in the whole wobbling feud Lol. hmm. low tier doubles sounds exciting and funn ;D. i don't think i can make it tomorrow if you're hosting charlesz. i thought it was gunna be blitz's 'week'. no matter, i'll be sure to make it to the next. :(

also, sign me up for singles and low tier singles atlest, this tourny needs a bit more hype.

re: blitz - loll, btw fix your kaillera. we ned to playy. i main pika for smash64 now hah.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
hey, soz no replies from me for awhile. i kinda didn't want to get involved in the whole wobbling feud Lol. hmm. low tier doubles sounds exciting and funn ;D. i don't think i can make it tomorrow if you're hosting charlesz. i thought it was gunna be blitz's 'week'. no matter, i'll be sure to make it to the next. :(

also, sign me up for singles and low tier singles atlest, this tourny needs a bit more hype.

re: blitz - loll, btw fix your kaillera. we ned to playy. i main pika for smash64 now hah.
Makes sense, lol. I'll be hosting next week.

Your signed up now!

Sorry about it not working. To be honest, the only reason why I want to fix it is so I can play friends casually. There is lag and it'll **** up tech skill, so I'll use people I don't normally. Pikachu is easy to learn, takes skill, and is the best. A good choice for a main.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Here's a tip for Single Climber on Rainbow Cruise.

Immediately jump to the top right. If I recall correctly, Nana will be stupid and go after the platform up there.

Top Bottom