• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
Ottawa is being encroached on from the east and the west. I feel as if its my duty to stand up for our nation's capital and send these rat-finks packing with their tails between their legs. I'll dust off the ol' knee and do my best to ensure that the 70% of the 20$ prize pool stays in Ottawa.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ottawa is being encroached on from the east and the west. I feel as if its my duty to stand up for our nation's capital and send these rat-finks packing with their tails between their legs. I'll dust off the ol' knee and do my best to ensure that the 70% of the 20$ prize pool stays in Ottawa.
Well since apparently I will have 27 december to 3rd January off work.. looks like I'm definitely coming to this. I'm returning home with the $$$$!

Other than that, it will be fun to come chill with you guys too! =D Also, Chester might be coming as well with me. =D

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
I wanna play smash! Is anybody free throughout the day anytime this week? My nights are busy till Sunday but if anyone has the time before say 5PM hit me up so we can get together for some games.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
@Mouse: Sorry, I got sick this weekend and basically just chilled at Randy's. If it makes you feel better I lost my job over it :p

@PND: For now, I'll say Jan 1st sounds pretty good.

@GPWN/Kage: I'm stoked to see you guys again. I still remember my first foray into smash, going to GPWN's house and getting stomped so bad. It's funny to say but I think I've only marginally improved since then, haha. I will get good at this game someday goddammit!

Sanu

Smash Champion
please figure out when you're doing this

*check calender*

christmas one weekend and new years the next? huh, probably wont be able to come anyways then... unless it's during the week, like on the 27th or 28th perhaps. So much for a toronto car!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Damn.. that would be sick if it could be done on a day where everyone could come. There's a few people in a car from here that would like to come as well. I mean if a Toronto car comes then that would mean another montreal car would come as well.. lol.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Damn.. that would be sick if it could be done on a day where everyone could come. There's a few people in a car from here that would like to come as well. I mean if a Toronto car comes then that would mean another montreal car would come as well.. lol.
Enmene don Jason avec toi. Y'é trop chienne pour venir tout seul etc. J'voulais qui se pointe l'autre soir mais y me parlait d'orgie ak toi et vince so y'a pas fait le travel :(

Vous me ferez signe si vous descendez dan sle boutte en tk. Si y'a ben du monde que j'veux voir c'est le monde de montreal!

PND

Smash Champion
You guys are free to come over -- but fair warning, our water main exploded the other day. Our sinks and everything are backed up with this gross rotting water, so everything is gross right now. The living room isn't sooo bad, but definitely avoid the kitchens / bathrooms until further notice

Jazriel

Smash Ace
What you think is disgusting, is average for americans! Fun fact, my bro stayed in a hotel in Florida and it was basically like that 24/7. Whenever anyone in the building flushed a toilet, all the bathtubs would start bringing up sludge.

AMERICAAAAAAA!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You guys are free to come over -- but fair warning, our water main exploded the other day. Our sinks and everything are backed up with this gross rotting water, so everything is gross right now. The living room isn't sooo bad, but definitely avoid the kitchens / bathrooms until further notice
That's....kinda gross, I gotta admit man. Then again, it IS the city, so not too surprising that it'd happen to some place in there.

But hey, on the plus side I'm on my Christmas break until the 10th, so can chill sometime or something. Go me for being done exams yesterday.

PND

Smash Champion
I won't be able to host anything until the 1st of January due to balancing work and family for Christmas.

So I will be hosting something on January 1st. Starting at noon people are welcome to come over, we'll try and start the events around 3 or 4. If the turnout is epic, $5 entry fee for singles, $10 for doubles. If the turnout is not so epic, well, that's a decision better left to future PNDMike. Future me is way more qualified to make that decision.

Melee Doubles and Singles will be the primary focus, but if enough people show up we'll do crews as well. This will be hosted at the same bat-place on the same bat-channel, AKA my house, so confirm yerselves! Also, if you need directions or whatever just PM me. Bring setups if you can, we might plunder all 3 floors of the house for this one.

edfrc (Bryant's cat just walked on the keyboard)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
D'awww kitty misses me <3 Sorry I didn't spend more time, kitty!

Anyway Charlesz and I just had to walk up (quite literally) Meadowlands for 30 minutes since we missed the bus, lawl. Luckily the Lincoln Fields swung by just as I was taking a breather.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
If you want to attract people to a tournament, you gotta make a tournament thread!

And post on the threads of the nearby communities. =]

eg. what if Unknown, IB., Raynex, Kirbykaze and friends want to play super smash brothers melee with us?

Sanu

Smash Champion
If you want to attract people to a tournament, you gotta make a tournament thread!

And post on the threads of the nearby communities. =]

eg. what if Unknown, IB., Raynex, Kirbykaze and friends want to play super smash brothers melee with us?
do you just ignore my posts

srsly

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I vote that we all pool to get streaming equipment as a holiday gift to the scene.
I mention a lot of our shenanigans to the Brawl Minus team and they've agreed they want to watch us play Melee.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry Sanuzi. I was posting from my phone. I remember seeing your post saying something about it, but I didn't know how many pages back you posted.

I'm in Ottawa.
Do you have a car?

I personally don't and I live the city next to Ottawa: Gatineau. And if you ever want to challenge a good old rusty veteran, I would appreciate the happening!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I vote that we all pool to get streaming equipment as a holiday gift to the scene.
I mention a lot of our shenanigans to the Brawl Minus team and they've agreed they want to watch us play Melee.

That'd be something you could suggest to Ben with his GO thing, Alan.

Top Bottom