• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

PND

Smash Champion
Attention Ottawa Smashers:

We, the PNDCrew, are losing our roommate Lunchy as of February 1st. With his blessings, we've been hosting things fairly regularly -- but now we must look for another roommate to take his spot. Because of this search, and the preferences of who it might unturn, we cannot guarantee that we will be hosting any more events in / past February. We will try to host what we can, but obviously we will have to be mindful of the new roommate's privacy and wishes.

Now, this also leads to another proposition. . . are any of you guys looking for a place to live? It's not the best house in the world, but you'll live with 3 awesome and sexy dudes. Lab studies have indicated that you will be 1000 times more awesome after living with us. It's science, guys, you can trust me. I'm going to science school. If any of you guys are interested in shacking up with us, give me, Riley, or Bryant a PM and we'll discuss details with you. Because we know (and presumably) like you, you guys will get preferential treatment in our search, if you are interested.

And think about it. . . you could be the Smasher to potentially save the Ottawa smash scene. We'll even make you a medal out of household materials to prove it.

. . .
So yeah. See you guys Friday?

buenob

Smash Lord
soo... melee at our Gaming Ottawa Monthly?

yes / no and honestly should it replace brawl? lol

i want to know these things!!

get in touch plz

buenob

Smash Lord
it's going really well... people are coming from hamilton for our SSF4 half, and next month MVC3 is going to be absolutely off the wall...

also we have 110+ people registered for our forums, though a lot of you guys haven't yet :p you should get on that lol

all in all it's taking a lot of my time, but it's really showing... we are selling the clothing now, 15 for a tshirt, 35 for a polo and 45 for a hoodie - they have our logo on them and we are charging 5 bucks for putting your handle on the side (ps if anyone wants to buy any get in touch with me before your size sells out lol)... basically so much is going on it's hard to keep track of it all

also - come on guys! i need some more feedback... basically all i get when posting the "brawl" tournament is "melee plz" but when I ask if you actually want a larger melee tournament i get nothing :(... if there's no player base to support a game, I'm not going to force it...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sweet that it's been getting people like that for SSF4. Shame I've been busy the past week and haven't had a chance to check much. I'm afraid I've reverted back to my old BBCS ways, and I'm definitely going to pick up MVC3 first chance I get. That being said, if anything for BBCS starts up and you need somebody to help get hype for it, I'll be glad to help out. Also, I'mma get on registering on the forums by the weekend, promise.

PND

Smash Champion
Hey guys, who is coming today / tonight? I just want to get a list so I know what to expect.

I know this is late notice, but I might go out for sushi around 3-4. I probably won't be there long, but from about 3 to maybe 5 I won't be here, but my roommates should be.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I haven't played Smash in months and don't even own SSFIV, so admit that's part of why. But you're right, can still check out the thread.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
My rough estimate is about 20, but we have a lot of out-of-towners coming, and probably more in-towners that will just show up.

Then we having the Gaming Ottawa community!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
20 from Ottawa in total, buuuuut I forgot that SSFIV is going to have an Ottawa turn-out.
We're expected to have over 60 people total coming, so I think about 40 of those will be from Ottawa.

PND

Smash Champion
I don't think many people are showing up today, but you're free to come over. It'll probably just be Dave and I. We're thinking of trying out the Project M demo.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Ah, I thought nothing was going on tonight. Oops!
I have a new Kirby Minus thing to show off but it's volatile in many many ways. Probably just temporary, too :p
I read up on Project M. It was a good read but I'm not too interested in playing it.

PND

Smash Champion
Project M is ****ing amazing. Really, really ****ing amazing. It's my smash game of choice now, it's sooooo good and it's not even complete yet.

PND

Smash Champion
About 14 characters in. There's a ton of new stages (and fixed stages, like Skyworld and Rumble Falls) so there's still a ton of variety, but the roster isn't halfway finished yet

Jazriel

Smash Ace
What's this project m thing? EXPLAIN YOURSELF USING 15 WORDS OR LESS. DO YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE?

Pew pew. I've been playing a lot of melee with randy and derek. I feel like I'm getting a lot better! I want to play smash! :(

And apparently my shiek is pretty good now.

PND

Smash Champion
Project M in 15 words or less? Okay.

Brawl with Melee Physics and Tech Skill.

To go into more detail, characters have been more optimized to play like Melee. There's also been a mechanics overhaul with L canceling and wavedashing, and jump cancel grabs, and everything else awesome about Melee, but with more characters and stages. A lot of the Melee favorites are back, like Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, a few oddball ones like Fourside and stuff thrown in. . . plus there's Dreamland 64, Saffron City 64, Crystal Cavern 64 (Where you fight Metal Mario). The characters have their best attributes from Melee and Brawl in this new environment, such as Falco keeping his Brawl jab and Ganon keeping his flame choke, but everything else about them is Melee awesome.

Top Bottom