• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I doubt there will be too many melee'ers. I'll come over to your place if your still hosting.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Are you sure? You'll miss out on pissing people off.

I'm still hosting. Saturday from 2:00 pm to whenever.

Edit: I'll be getting a haircut that day, so my hair will be a mess. Yay!

unknown522

Some guy
Yo if anyone sees this before 2:30pm tmrw. I bought tickets to go to Ottawa but the person I was gonna han out with flopped on me -_-. The tickets aren't refundable and I took time off work, so I am trying to salvage this. If anyone wants to hang and probably play smash then let me know. I would be arriving around 9pm tomorrow at (whatever the name of the staton that the greyhound goes to....forgot the name). I would be leaving tuesday at 1am.

:phone:

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Yo if anyone sees this before 2:30pm tmrw. I bought tickets to go to Ottawa but the person I was gonna han out with flopped on me -_-. The tickets aren't refundable and I took time off work, so I am trying to salvage this. If anyone wants to hang and probably play smash then let me know. I would be arriving around 9pm tomorrow at (whatever the name of the staton that the greyhound goes to....forgot the name). I would be leaving tuesday at 1am.

That sucks :c

I've got a writing assignment due on Monday I might be able to finish today. Other than that, I should be free.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, sucks. I would have arranged something with you unknown but this is so late I just saw this today...

If you ever stay around here tomorrow for some random reason, well I'm available to play some melee by 4pm tomorrow, but that's about it =|

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I forgot to tell you that I wasn't feeling up to it, sorry about that. I've been sick this past week. I'll probably host again sometime soon. I'll tell you when I figure it out

Charlesz

Smash Champion
np chris, I was just going to tell you I had something pop up. Get well soon!

Parralax

Smash Rookie
Hi, I moved to Ottawa last year for school. I played melee growing up just with friends and my brother. I never really understood how deep of a game it is until this year when I started playing it for kicks with a friend. I have never really belonged to a forum before but i am interested in playing some new people just to see how I match up and because smash is just fun to play, so I thought I would give it a shot.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hi, I moved to Ottawa last year for school. I played melee growing up just with friends and my brother. I never really understood how deep of a game it is until this year when I started playing it for kicks with a friend. I have never really belonged to a forum before but i am interested in playing some new people just to see how I match up and because smash is just fun to play, so I thought I would give it a shot.
Hey there Parralax! Welcome to the forum! I may host this weekend if you want to play. I'm really rusty right now, so I shouldn't be hard to play against. Send me a private message for the address.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry I haven't hosted in a while. I haven't really been in the mood to play. I won't be hosting this weekend as I have midterms during that time. I should be able to host next weekend though if anybody is interested.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I am not unnecessarily bumping this thread.

I should let you know that I'm in town for the summer. I am also wondering if you guys know of any place that is hiring? I have experience in both physical work, and in computer work such as data entry. I can write/read very well. Please let me know!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I'll talk to the superiors at my workplace about the second thing, since they're job coaches, but I haven't heard much about Smash lately; just that CvO said he was looking into hosting Smash.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Manuel, I'm still living in Kingston but I visit Ottawa frequently so we will have to play!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'll talk to the superiors at my workplace about the second thing, since they're job coaches, but I haven't heard much about Smash lately; just that CvO said he was looking into hosting Smash.
Well dude I would really appreciate that! I am really not too picky and I am really quite qualified for most summer jobs... it's just that I was finishing my degree at UBC and couldn't be here for interviews/application deadlines in April. Please let me know what they say!
Good stuff Manuel, I'm still living in Kingston but I visit Ottawa frequently so we will have to play!

Sounds good, Tect. Just give me a text when you know you plan on being around. Same number.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I work on Morrison at a place that offers activities and services (cooking class, job coaches, etc) for people on the autistic spectrum. I keep everything straight during Gaming Night.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well fellas, I played some smash with Parralax the other day. He is looking to get some smash in for fun and to improve, as he is getting more comfortable with ATs. I think he would benefit a lot from playing you guys. We should try to get some smashfests going and make what we can of the summer!

Of course, I'm pretty regularly free right now too.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I just played with Ministry the other day, I'm pretty much free tomorrow and the day after.

Gaming Ottawa

Smash Rookie
Well we have melee coming up in our event on the 26th as everybody keeps demanding it. As of yet it has been staying low turnout would be great if you guys showed up and had a good time of it. If there is something that would make the event better let us know and we will do our best to make it happen.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well we have melee coming up in our event on the 26th as everybody keeps demanding it. As of yet it has been staying low turnout would be great if you guys showed up and had a good time of it. If there is something that would make the event better let us know and we will do our best to make it happen.
I'm sure more than a couple of us would be willing to make it out on May 26th. Is it normally just smashfests, or is it tournaments that you host? How many people come out? There are probably 5-7 people (Vanitas, Charlesz, Linkshot, Blitz, Parralax, Tect?) who post here who would go. And maybe some of Parralax's friends would want to come.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I haven't played in months, I'm not into it right now.

Also I don't like tournaments for some reason.

Just sayin'.

Edit: I might try to get back to playing again, since you guys are so cool.

Gaming Ottawa

Smash Rookie
We do tournaments right now, but the possibility of helping a smashfest out if somebody stepped up isn't out of the question. But things like those are better done by the community not an organizer so that it can be more of a hang out session.

As for numbers, the melee scene has been very small at these events and we have been debating pulling it from the event. We did once and were asked to put it back in. Since it's not a lot of work to hold it we kept it this time around as well. I think last time we had 3-5 people.

If there is somebody that wants to get the ball rolling but is worried about the organization of it all or equipment for it that is something that we might be able to assist with.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hmm. Okay. Sorry, I just don't know who/what Ottawa gaming is!

You mentioned there's an event n May 26. Maybe we should just try to get people to come out to that and see if there's some interest in organizing stuff in the future.

Part of the Ottawa scene's problem is that no one has yet stepped it up to make long-term hosting decisions. And no one seems to like the game enough to want to play it at least once a month with others, haha. Kids these days ;P . But while I'm here I'm certainly hoping we can get things moving a bit.

Top Bottom