• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Harold if you're free earlier in the week we should smash at my house or somewhere.
I'll probably be too busy this week but either way, how far away do you live? Rideau, right? Near Charlotte? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

EDIT: Linkshot, beware of level 9 CPU Yoshis. Seriously, they'll mess you up!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Yep that's me, right near Rideau and Charlotte.

I've gotta do a lot of job hunting this week, but I can definitely make time for one Smash day at my place or someone elses, as well as Cam's on Thursday. So Harold or anyone else, lemme know if you wanna Smash.

This whole banning Metaknight or not thing is soo drama haha. M2K and Overswarm are the leaders of the not-ban, and ban camps respectively.

I need to read up on DI, I'm beginning to get, and understand it better, but I still don't get what the best DI is in different situations.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
You always wanna head for the corners of the screen, this is mainly doable if you are hit with mostly a horizontal trajectory. Getting hit vertically you wanna DI to the sides.

The hacking stuff is cool, and like was mentioned in the thread seeing a Brawlee rather than a melee 2.0 would be better.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
For DI, remember to take gravity into account. If you're being hit horizontally, it's normally best to DI downwards since gravity will cancel out upwards DI which will consequently make you die faster (in some situations).

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Gravity doesnt affect it, from what Ive read no one has ever mentioned gravity. DIing down also leaves you with low fall time as opposed to being very high where you have more fall time which means you have more time/space to move horizontally towards the stage. Although since its brawl not being able to recover isnt that much of a problem.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Or you can do the noob DI, which is to DI towards the source of contact, or th eopposite way that you are flying, not exactly the most life saving method, but it gives you a feel for DIng

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Or you can do the noob DI, which is to DI towards the source of contact, or th eopposite way that you are flying, not exactly the most life saving method, but it gives you a feel for DIng
I think that's what I do. :(

But who cares about DI? 'Cause that's just JOHNS. Geez.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** you guys need to lay off the boards and play brawl outside or something. Get some fresh air! I leave for a couple days and I need to skim through 5+ pages and I still don't know whats going on, lol!

Anyways...

MKvsDC is fun but in the stiff movements and horrible hitbox kind of fun. I played it and its fun for the first bit and there's...wait for it..... BOOBS! Basically costume damage. But still its stiff and broken as a game, lol.

Its funny how people think they know everything about games, game design and the developers just because they play too many games. I'm sure they didn't create the SSB series to be competitive or create the games around being competitive or else they wouldn't have added items to the game. It's a fun Nintendo fruitcake.

So the smashfest is this Thursday then? I might not be about to make it :/

DIing is for whimps, take the constant jabs to the face or flames like a man.

Plus is there going to be Squash this Sunday? I'm itching for some games.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure there's Smash on both Thurs and Fri this week, Cam mentioned something about wanting to get extra practice.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I think Cam just wanted to play more Smash this week in general. I don't think he's going to the Niagara tourney, but don't quote me on that :p:)

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** you guys need to lay off the boards and play brawl outside or something. Get some fresh air! I leave for a couple days and I need to skim through 5+ pages and I still don't know whats going on, lol!

Anyways...

MKvsDC is fun but in the stiff movements and horrible hitbox kind of fun. I played it and its fun for the first bit and there's...wait for it..... BOOBS! Basically costume damage. But still its stiff and broken as a game, lol.

Its funny how people think they know everything about games, game design and the developers just because they play too many games. I'm sure they didn't create the SSB series to be competitive or create the games around being competitive or else they wouldn't have added items to the game. It's a fun Nintendo fruitcake.

So the smashfest is this Thursday then? I might not be about to make it :/

DIing is for whimps, take the constant jabs to the face or flames like a man.

Plus is there going to be Squash this Sunday? I'm itching for some games.
Man, I wanna play MKvsDC lol! What system is it for? I have owned every game since it came out!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Just so it's clear, there is smash on Thursday AND Friday this week. For Thursday smash, I will have to end it at 10-10:30 or so because I have to wake up early for work the next day. Also, no, I'm not going to the Niagara tourney.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Joblin: Where did you play MK vs. DC? At the XNA dealie? Yeah, Mortal Kombat is very stop-and-go. It's not a bad thing, it's just a different style. It's definitly the most stop-and-go-ish of the 3D fighters. I remember when you guys (you, Jan, Brad, Richard, etc.) would play Armegeddon. I didn't have a Wii back then so I didn't get it, but I wanted to play it (I just recently bought it - good fun but I have nobody to play with...).

Anybody know what the Smash Boards equivalent for Mortal Kombat is?

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Joblin: Where did you play MK vs. DC? At the XNA dealie? Yeah, Mortal Kombat is very stop-and-go. It's not a bad thing, it's just a different style. It's definitly the most stop-and-go-ish of the 3D fighters. I remember when you guys (you, Jan, Brad, Richard, etc.) would play Armegeddon. I didn't have a Wii back then so I didn't get it, but I wanted to play it (I just recently bought it - good fun but I have nobody to play with...).

Anybody know what the Smash Boards equivalent for Mortal Kombat is?
Yes, I played MKvs.DC at X08 in Toronto. It is a stop and go gameplay but its nothing like other MK games and feel very limiting and broken with the weird hitboxes. We had the PS2 copy of Armageddon. Great fun and one of my favorite MK games.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I FINALLY got the Secret Report for Shiki Day 4, ****ing defeat the conductor on harder or above

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Go to the nearest pawn shop, maybe they can trade TWEWY in for some sleep. If that doesn't help you can always hand the game over to me.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
James, are you going to the Thursday smashfest? Jan and I have stuff to do Thursday night near Charlotte, so if you're not going is your place open (before 7pm) for some games?

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I can prolly have you, Jan+1 more over on Thurs.

Lemme doublecheck with my Mom, and I'll post later tonight if it is a go! :)

btw what time on Thurs?

buenob

Smash Lord
i have class 7-10 on thurs (eco with randy) and I have plans to meet up with azriel afterwards since he's back in town and thinks he stands a chance against me :)... I'm busing out to toronto early friday morning, but that just means I am planning on sleeping on the bus (ie. late night is anticipated)

I might be interested in maybe having more than just him over... just a thought

arsenic41

Smash Ace
i have class 7-10 on thurs (eco with randy) and I have plans to meet up with azriel afterwards since he's back in town and thinks he stands a chance against me :)... I'm busing out to toronto early friday morning, but that just means I am planning on sleeping on the bus (ie. late night is anticipated)

I might be interested in maybe having more than just him over... just a thought
I up for some mid-term celebration with some smash, maaaybe some booze as well :p

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm willing to make Thurs. my Smash night. If you wanna have me over Ben I'd be down for busing over to your place at 10-ish, don't sweat it if not.

Top Bottom