• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I overreacted when I made that post, hiding the brackets is probably too much effort for $1 biweeklies. I still think there should be a failsafe 'forfeits for the purpose of match rigging and/or monetary gain are banned' rule just in case someone someday decides to be an *******.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
Hey cam, and interesting thing happened...just coincidence really. But in the GomTv intel classic, there was a match between Jaedong and Lomo, who are both Teammates on CJ Entus. Anyways so they are playing their set and it looked like Lomo should have won 2-0 but he ended up losing 1-2 by giving up some leads and a lot of people were talking saying that Lomo threw his matches so Jaedong "the better player" would move on and maybe win. Anyways i thought it was somewhat relevant, so i thought i would mention it. Fun stuff.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I might no show up tomorrow. Actually, I probably won't Or if do, it'll probably be at 7 or 8 or something. Summer school has me beat(8:30-4 of just math is very... taxing on one's mind/body). And having to work immediately after school today leaves me very tired.

Anyhow, idk what Harold meant by saying he Orlando and I were a crew. I've known both for a very long time, but I don't consider myself part of any team other than "Ottawa". No need to worry about me cheating. At least, not in any conventional way.

Anyhow, I'll most likely show up to the next Smashfest.

Dice

Smash Lord
Ivan, just as a recommendation, I wouldn't buy a stick that sells for less than $80-100 (this is at least), unless used of course. A decent arcade stick will cost around $100 and a custom one will be around $180-$200. Visit shoryuken forums if you have any questions about them. I looked into buying some last fall but the price was too much, so I'm stuck playing at the arcade at Ottawa U.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I bought some a year or two ago for $20 at a Future Shop. They were little 'Soul Calibur II' ones that worked on PS2/X-Box/Gamecube. While they weren't super amazing by any means, they certainly got the job done. They were also far more comfortable than the layout of most typical arcades. Of course, they didn't last very long...

But yeah, I'm seeing that I was just really lucky with those (they were on clearance...). I had to chose between getting Devil May Cry 4, Band Brothers 2, an arcade stick, a gamecube controller, or Arcana Hearts. In the end Band Brothers 2 won (since I play the first one on a nightly basis). If I get back into Arcan... err, Third Strike I might end up forking over the $5000 or so that arcade sticks seem to cost nowadays.

On a slightly irrelevant note, when the N64 first came out I almost bought an aracde stick for it thinking that it would be full fighting games (given it's perfect button layout for them). It had Killer Instinct Gold. Only. :psycho:

Dice, if I recall correctly, somebody mentioned that you guys play Third Strike as well, right? We needs us a Third Strike-fest.

As for Ottawa U, those *******s stole Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Third Strike from Algonquin! I almost dropped out of college and killed myself because of that!:ohwell:

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Never heard or seen them before. Looks like a pre-pubescent Arcana Hearts :p. Although the combos remind me of GG.

I think if someone actually tried something like this at the bi-weeklies some sort of ban would be in order. What would happen if say, hypothetically speaking, some one at ToS6 did this? Would you kick them out of the bracket? Or would the person gaining from the forfeit get kicked?

Wow sticks are pretty expensive, I dont think I could buy one if im gonna play once in a while. Ill stick with the ps2 controller which Ive gotten used to anyways. The drawback is that I cant play the arcade version cause im not used to it. Harold bring 3s, we'll play if we have time. Although a wii might be needed as well.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I don't think that forfeiting is something that deserves to be banned. It's really the player's choice. It's just very unsportmanlike and terribly lame. It should be met with plenty of booing but not banning or such. Perhaps I missed something about what happened at ToS5 but Vwins is just as lame for not playing out the final round. Forfeiting to get your "best player" higher up is still just 'playing to win' but with a crew mentality instead of an individual one.

Ok, I'll bring Third Strike (although I'll mostly be trying to practice that Lucas jab lock thingy). If you get this in time, could you bring the extention part for the X-Box controller? Either you forgot to give it to me or it's around here somewhere but I can't find it. **** X-Box. It's too complicated (and fat) for its own good.

Oh yeah, and once again, good job Wilman and Ben for your piano playing. You guys are crazy, especially considering you didn't have the sheet music in front of you.

Jobin: Here are two links for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQz6vBv3JIM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syLIpK1_ltw&feature=related

Dice

Smash Lord
They got 3s back at Ottawa? Cus they took it away when MvC2 came. If we had CvS2, 3S and MvC2 that would be toooooo awesome

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Cbone can you add me on MSN? Or anyone else interested in playing me in Starcraft.

Espadon03@hotmail

mouse7245

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys hope your summer going well... anyone still playing melee cause I'm definately going to be looking nfor some games when I come back. Ganon ftw

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Hey guys hope your summer going well... anyone still playing melee cause I'm definately going to be looking nfor some games when I come back. Ganon ftw
PHILL!!!, long to time see. Cbone/Fogel and I are still into the melee scene. When are you coming back? we miss you and your gannon.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Next week's smashfest will be on Friday and I believe Randy wants to have a biweekly then.

Sup Phil, yeah as Randy mentioned some of us still play. In addition to who Randy mentioned, Mason and Dan will play melee when they're around but neither of them are at smashfests much lately. A few other people who prefer Brawl will also play some Melee with us for the lulz as well.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
With a lack of anything to do, I will start the bi-weekly registrations today.

With that being said...Bi-weekly stuffs:

Participants (singles):
Arsenic
Fogel
SAUS
IvanEva
Fox
Justin
NikoK
Andrew
Andrew's Double Partner :p

Doubles:
Team Forward Smash 2.0 (Arsenic + SAUS)
Team NeverGonnaLetYouDown (Fogel + Fox)
Team Budgie (HiDef + PNDMike)
Team ? (Haze + Nukls) not sure about this one
Team Pucas (IvanEva + Niko_K)

Unpaired guys:
Andrew
Justin

Other people considering entering will have to post on SWF by Friday.

Stages (These will not change until the next bi-weekly):

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Squeege's Mansion
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes - Melee
Brinstar - Melee
Pokemon Stadium - Melee
Distant Planet

Banned:
Corneria - Melee (Doubles)
Hanenbow
Corneria - Melee (Singles)
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Onett - Melee
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Green Greens - Melee
Pirate Ship
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

Entry Fee:
-$1 per person for singles
-$2 per team for doubles

Rules:
-Standard 3 stock 7 minute matches, Bo3 for bracket matches, Bo5 for semi-finals and finals and Grand Finals.
-Johns will lead to inevitable taunting (do so at your own risk).
-Victory dances are allowed, but you will look silly, so do so at your own expense.
-Any mention of Marth being a guy will be revoked of taunting rights, and will be laughed at (<3 Fan).
-High intrest bank loans compounded hourly are neccessary for competing (again...<3 Fan).

IMPORTANT NOTE

the tournament will start at 7:30 so get yo ***** to Cam's by that time participants.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I've made a few changes, mainly that doubles will now cost $2, one for each member. I am also thinking about hiding the brackets, in case some bull**** like ToS5 happens, but I'm pretty sure none of us will do that.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
too late i already consolidated with derek. I decided to throw my matches so hard that i will not even enter the tournament. So hard that i will even be in a different city. This will assure that people will fight derek instead of me :p

flash7

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Gah! I didn't know Orlando was logged on. This is an IvanEva post.

I'm in as always. I finally landed Lucas' anti-Derek jab lock yesterday. I think it's safe to say that I'm winning this one this time! :)

On a crazy note, I've discovered my anti-Orlando's-Marth character: Kirby. I have no idea how but he just seems to kill Marth.

PND

Smash Champion
Will doubles be held first or second this time? The lads and I were discussing our plans, and The Dark Knight came up a bit, so I assume sign us up for whichever is going first and we'll head out and go see the movie. Batman FTW.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Will doubles be held first or second this time? The lads and I were discussing our plans, and The Dark Knight came up a bit, so I assume sign us up for whichever is going first and we'll head out and go see the movie. Batman FTW.
Doubles will happen first like last time, and I want to watch that to :(.

Krantastic

Smash Rookie
oh yeah, good call Ian, I'm also forfeiting so hard I'll be physically closer to any Toronto smashfests. Hope things are going well for Ottawa smash community, have fun!

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up for doubles and singles! I don't know who my partner will be... but I'll grab someone off the streets and bring 'em. (and my partner will be playing in singles as well, whoever it is)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Actually nvm, unsign me up. Turns out I am gonna be really busy for the next while. Can't come this smashfest and the next one.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Out of curiousity, does anyone play Kongai here? If so, add me on Kongregate, account name is Fogel.

Harold and/or Suo: Your jacket and/or sweater are still unclaimed. Still waiting on the epic matchup to decide who gets what :p
Randy: You forgot DS Viewtiful Joe.

Actually nvm, unsign me up. Turns out I am gonna be really busy for the next while. Can't come this smashfest and the next one.
:(

IvanEva

Smash Ace
While my brother might be out, sign Niko up for the biweekly. He's coming to own us all with Peach (if that's ok with you Cam).

Orlando: as for that Metaknight teleport thingy, it's really not as messed up as much as my Lucas is going to mess everybody up at the tournament! :)

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Yeah, Niko's staying at my place for most of this week (feel free to pop on in and play us).

Randy, the following things should be banned for this biweekly: Sonic's neutral B under the stage for stalling, infinite chain grabs/throws past 300%, Metaknight's teleport glitch, Metaknight himself, Snake, Gill, and Metaknight.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Anyone up for friendlies at Harolds tonight around 9? I would love to get together with some of you guys for some brawl and melee before the biweekly. Seriously, I'm only here till saturday. Be social you nerds!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Yeah, Niko's staying at my place for most of this week (feel free to pop on in and play us).

Randy, the following things should be banned for this biweekly: Sonic's neutral B under the stage for stalling, infinite chain grabs/throws past 300%, Metaknight's teleport glitch, Metaknight himself, Snake, Gill, and Metaknight.
I didn't mention any of the banned stuff on the rules because I usually think everyone knows that ****, so whatever.

And I might show up at Harold's at 9ish, I've got nothing to do and there is stil lsome drama in the house. Prepare yourself for sandbagging and JOHNS!!!! (maybe some forefeiting too if I'm in the mood) but I'll need a spare controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom