• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol i'm gonna bike it, and yeah this is ben :)

willman (retlaf) kinda guided me there last time, but since he's going straight from work i don't have that luxury -- thanks for the info guys :D

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
I PM'd you the info.

liek 50 hours ago come on man wake up we need to come 1st here

buenob

Smash Lord
hey :p i never checked messages, notice no display pic next to my name :p, I haven't exactly been an 'active member' on these forums before lol -- fixed that... krang ftw!

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
omg yes!

ps,
I might be done my work sooner than I thought, so I might be able to arrive around 5:30.

Geez, compiling takes like a million years.

Dice

Smash Lord
buenob, out of curiousty, who are you? Cus i went to the ottawa u arcade almost daily for the past two years :p Were you the guy who was at ToS who recognized me from the arcade?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Rawr!

I'm not dead yet, and asides from being able to say I have a competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! deck, I have some really cool news for you Fogel. I'm coming back to Ottawa on the 28th and I'll be living in a duplex with my brother and his friend. The funny part is that it's right beside (literally) Algonquin College, and if my Google Map skills are up to par, that puts me 4 km away from your house ^_^. If memory serves correct, Cbone/Phrozn/SAUS are also somewhat close to you, so I might be able to get plenty of smash in in the up-and-coming year :)

See you guys in a few weeks. I've also picked up a bit of MTG with YGO, so in between smash I'd be down with some games of both.

SCRAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Or since I main Kirby in Brawl:
HHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!! *Kirby dance*
Cbone and Phrozn are going to be at university out of town :( So we won't be seeing much of them.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Next time, Jan and I are going to dominate you all. Once I stop prancing into his Fsmashes. Our team name will be Ike Climbers, ftw!

How'd the end of doubles go?

Also, I'm going to practice the heck out of some ROBs. Lvl 9 CPU ones that is :urg:

buenob

Smash Lord
haha :) good luck, cpu robs are unfortunately inadequate...

andrew and I edged out orlando and cam in 2 sets, with pretty much every match coming down to 1-1's in the +100% dmg zone... epic.. and none of you were there to distract me while playing! lol

---
I'd have to be the guy who recognized you from the arcade... i'm larger than average, smiley (usually) and have a terrible beard and backwards hat...
--

munroe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

I've been playing Smash since the N64 version, but never really that competitively. I'm living just outside Ottawa right now, but I just bought a house in Kanata, so I'll be living there in a few weeks.

Do you guys do tournaments regularly? I've got a few buddies living near downtown that I play with frequently.

Also, how old are you guys?

buenob

Smash Lord
hola

i think we're all around 20... i'm 22

there's a bi-weekly tournament around greenbank/baseline and on the weeks that it's not on there's usually just friendlies at the same place (though more melee and other games come out then)

welcome :) more new blood! (just started myself 3 weeks ago)

munroe

Smash Rookie
Sounds good. I'm 24, the guys I play with are between 18 and 24. The 18 year old is a younger brother who's actually pretty decent with Kirby, minus the rock spam.

Depending on the time, I might check out the next tournament. See how much practicing I'll have to do.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol it's dead in here :p no trash talk or anything

fogel -- how's your ultimate team doing?

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I would love to explore new partners instead of the people I regularly play with or against (mainly Jan and Harold). It was fun to play with SAUS at the friendlies, which has me wanting to team up with other people and find more playing styles. I haven't played teams with a lot of people actually :(

There's a big chance I won't make it this week's friendlies but I might be able to make it to the next biweekly.

What were the standings for the last Biweekly?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'm finally back from my East Coast Speed Run, just a btw thing.

Oh yeah, what were the results for the bi-weekly?

buenob

Smash Lord
there were 4 teams and 7 singles? entrants

singles
1- buenob
2- orlando
3- IvanEva
4- retlaf

doubles
1- KingAce (buenob - retlaf)
2- Fogel/Orlando

munroe

Smash Rookie
So all this goes down on Friday's? I'm interested in coming to the next tourney or friendly(whatever), and I might bring a buddy with me. He mains as Ike, and I main as Ness, but I generally do well with most characters. He's always Ike though.

Who do I PM for directions?

This just goes down at somebody's house? Should I bring snacks?

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
It takes place at Fogel's house, so PM him for directions.

The next tourney will be two Fridays from now. We totally hope to see you show!

This Friday, however, there might not be a smash fest, because some of us (host included) are probably going to Montreal for a tourney.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
um....Hi.
I came here before asking for Melee help, but left.
So I'm coming wondering if anybody wants to play Brawl or Melee; anyone is fine.
Hope I can get accepted by you guys :)

flash7

Smash Journeyman
The next tourney might actually be three fridays from now. If many of us go to Montreal im not sure we would all want to have a biweekly that same week, so it most likely will be postponed.

Coolza: As stated above there is usually a gathering on fridays at Fogel's house, where one week consists of friendlies in both Brawl and Melee (mostly Brawl) and the next week is a small scale tournament (Brawl only). You can PM Fogel for details/directions.

Coolza

Smash Cadet
That's good, I play Brawl more, anyways.
I main Tink and my second is Snake, but I wouldn't consider myself really good, but, I'm alright.
Would I have to bring my own controller?

buenob

Smash Lord
lol we don't want you... we're a completely exclusive bunch who don't like meeting new people at all :p

:) your own controller is definitely needed, but I dont mind lending out mine if need be (though if we face eacother there's gotta be someone else willing to do that), and it's definitley mostly brawl with some melee... there's currently one other tink player and the only snake player is out of the city for now, so it'll be good to have ya in :) more practice for everyone

and as for a delayed bi-weekly, i know i'm in for it on the reg. schedule, but maybe fogel isn't and really that's what matters

speaking of fogel, you've been silent with the status of your ultimate team :) are we driving down to M. or bussing?
--
on the note of snacks, definitely not necessary, but if you decide to bring me a snack that may pursuade me not to ledge you once or twice ;)

flash7

Smash Journeyman
The averaga age I would say is like 18-19. The majority of players are entering university or finishing highschool. Although there are some older players such as myself, Fogel, and Harold that have finshed college and university and are nearing mid 20s.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
The averaga age I would say is like 18-19. The majority of players are entering university or finishing highschool. Although there are some older players such as myself, Fogel, and Harold that have finshed college and university and are nearing mid 20s.
Ya, we're all getting old...

2 new brawlers will be cool. Snacks are a must if you want to stand a chance against my awesome Captain Falcon! Bribery is my weakness. ;P

P.S. the googles...they do nothing!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Right...I speak for SAUS since he doesn't have a SWF account (at least he doesn't use it), Derek will be going to the Montreal tournament and I am still undecided, but from the looks of it I probably will not be going.

Also, for the delayed bi-weekly, I am not changing the schedule because I work on weeks that are not bi-weeklies and delaying one will mess things up royally for me.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry. I would have discriminated you regardless of your age. I sort of playfully made fun of a guy all night that he never returned... he should have just gotten a bank loan like I had told him.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Is anybody up for some pre-Montreal practice this week? I'd like to practice some doubles, and perhaps do some MMs so we take it seriously. (if this is okay with you ben)

munroe

Smash Rookie
Montreal eh? Is there more info about that? I've been looking for an impromptu road trip for a while now, and I trip to Montreal might be in order. Or have I already missed the sign-up date for that one?

buenob

Smash Lord
im available 100% of the time until then (just wrote my calc exam) so feel free to hit me up any time

retlaf i'm in for some doubles playing, and I am planning on taking $20 to montreal to lose in MM's there (to play the T. people and have them actually try against me, not just **** around), so i guess another 5 in mm's locally wouldn't hurt -- i think andrew is just wanting people's money :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
If you really want to tick of Tront's, challenge all them to a money match and forefeit all of them.

PND

Smash Champion
If you really want to tick of Tront's, challenge all them to a money match and forefeit all of them.
Hahahaha, awesome.

Anyway, if there's no smashfest this week and anybody wants to play lemme know. Knuckles, Haze and I are itching for some more brawl. I assume HiDef is too, but I haven't talked to him about it yet.

buenob

Smash Lord
well, i'm in for tomorrow or thursday or friday (or tonight if people can host, can't clean the place that fast lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom