• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
buenob here: have fun this weekend guys, I'll be make sure to ask the girls at the bars if L-Cancelling turns them on, or if they want to experience my disjoint hitbox firsthand ;)

good luck to all (read: andrew must win!)

jan

Smash Cadet
So who won the crew battle?

Also, Randy, is the only way to move up on the tier list through biweeklies? Or do friendlies have some impact on it?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Arsenic here (this time for real): I take the Tier List is basically a representation of how I think everyone fits into the Ottawa Meta game ,so friendlies wil lbe playing SOME role, but mostly bi-weeklies will play the major role.

And I have a lingering feeling in my stomach that Locke is going to be using King Leonidorf or Middle Aged Manondorf.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
We won, yay! It was actually pretty epic and had a major lul ending. Luigi's Mansion and Sudden Death go hand in hand.

I read the survivor recap but anything really interesting happen? Besides Ken getting mindgamed by hormones.

buenob

Smash Lord
mad props to zylem who took me to sudden death W bombs spamming (neither of us died form a bomb) as GW... the last 30 seconds of regulation was epic beyond comprehension

had a blast today, thanks for havin' us harold

IvanEva

Smash Ace
It's too bad you won't be at this bi-weekly Ben. Your ROB was thrashing all of us yesterday. You're definitely better than I am... for now. Just you wait until I master how to ledge guard with Ivysaur! You and everybody else will be ****ed! :laugh:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
GG' all around yesterday, that day was for sure a great day. Too bad I had hangover johns for the first half of the day though -_-

I'll be seeing you guys in a couple of hours, and just to put it out there:

Derek is in need of a team partner!

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'll probably make it tonight, and if I do, I'm going all Sonic. Bwahaha. I'll prolly sit out of teams tho, cuz.... yeah..... I'll bring my wii tho. Should I bring a spare tv? (I'll assume no)

flash7

Smash Journeyman
If you can haul it to Cam's place that would be very helpful. I believe there are only 3 tvs and running an almost full bi-weekly with that amount can take way to long. Thx in advance.

Edit: Yesterday was fun. Got to play and play against some very interesting chars. Get ready for the new pillar combos :p.

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
I would love to partner with Derek, him and I always have weird match ups and fun but alas I will not be attending this biweekly but hanging out with 'real' friends, lol. jk guys, you can become my friends to, its pretty easy, all you need to do is pay me or give me something nice. Anyways, good luck to you all and I'll see you next week where I'll trash you all in the art of ROCK STACKING!

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Can't make Bi-weekly guys, I avoided posting until now because it was up in the air, basically my mom has put me on lockdown until I get a job. :( Hopefully I can get hired soon.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Can't make Bi-weekly guys, I avoided posting until now because it was up in the air, basically my mom has put me on lockdown until I get a job. :( Hopefully I can get hired soon.
:( lol I feel your pain... I'll be lucky if my mom lets me out of the house tonight, for exactly the same reason :laugh: good luck dude.... um I'll race ya to employment or something :psycho:

IvanEva

Smash Ace
- Great games tonight guys. Very interesting matches. I've gone down big time it seems but Randy has popped up to fill in the second place void! Excellent job Randy! What you said when you were over was correct, I didn't really take you very seriously before but now, well, now I think you won't be taking me seriously. :laugh:

- My little experiment in using Pokémon Trainer has taught me that he actually has a lot of great options available to him and that each of his Pokemon handle very differently but they're each pretty good on their own. However, that **** stamina is a problem that hold them back considerably. Once my Pokemon get tired that's it, it's done. I think Pokémon Trainer might just become my official secondary though. Man, if only he fed the **** things.

- So, I think I officially know what it feels like to partner with me now. My brother and I really didn't mix well this time and we attacked each other (i.e he attacked me) more times than partners ever should. I watched vigilantly during the final matches and I have to say, watching you guys not ever attack each other is really something. Orlando and Cameron especially seem to have a lot of synergy. I think I'm going to be doomed to never win a teams match...

- **** Metaknight, Wario is overpowered! :laugh:

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Doubles:

1. Team Curious ***balls (Arsenic + Retlaf)
2. Team NeverGonnaGiveYouUp (Fogel + Fox)
3. ****! RANDY DITCHED ME AND NOW I'M STUCK WITH MASON (Mason + SAUS)
4. ShortHopDoubleTornado (Moses + PNDMike)
5. Link and Locke (Linkshot + Locke)
5. Team QQ why isn't Onett counterpick (CvO + IvanEva)

Singles:

1. SAUS (Martha)
2. Arsenic (Wario/DDD/Snake)
3. Retlaf (G&W/Yoshi)
4. Moses (MK)
5. Orlando (Martha)
5. CvO (G&W/Wolf)
7. Fogel (Various)
7. PNDMike (Faclo/ Wario)
9. Justin (MK)
9. Linkshot (Lucario)
9. Infzy (Sonic)
9. IvanEva (PT)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
RANDY'S OTTAWA TIER LIST

God Tier

SAUS (Marth/Ike)

Top Tier

Fox (Marth)
Buenob (ROB)
Arsenic (Wario/Various)
Retlaf (G&W)

High Tier

Zylem (G&W/Wolf)
Moses (Marth/MK)
Ivaneva (Lucas)
Fogel (idk)
Nukls (Zelda/Pit)
Haze (Diddy)

Mid Tier

PNDMike (Falco/Wario/Puff)
Patrick (Olimar/Snake)
Suo (Snake)

Low Tier

HIDef (DDD)
Linkshot (Lucario)
Justin (MK)

Bottom Tier

Infzy (Sonic/IC)
Jan (Ike)
Joblin (CF)

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yeah ggs, it was a fun night. Thanx Fogel for hosting once again.

Ergh, I need to get myself on outta bottom tier >.< but I'm too slow!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Shout Outs!

Justin: GG
ChaosVsOrder: KLAPTRAP COMBO! sucks about that man, it was horrible :(
Orlando: **** that was an intense match, I feel that your Marth is a bit defensive.
Andrew: Good game, next time I'm not using Wario against your Game and Watch, it is way harder than I originally thought.
Derek: YOUR TOO ****ING GHEY! srsly
Locke: That melee match was epic, your still too good.

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
PNDMike here:

Top of mid tier now, sweet. Next biweekly I'm breaking into high tier though, count on that.

Shoutouts:

Randy: No shout out for me? Ghey. Our Wario's broke brawl and no shout out?
Zylem: Epic Ranbow Bruise. Epic. Top 10 moments of history right there. Bill of rights ain't got **** on us. Plus we had sweet lulz
Andrew: Wow. You destroyed me. Too bad next week I'll have a sweet G&W counter.
Harold: I was thinking about it more and more. . .work on Squirtle. Charizard and I were fairly even I think, trading hits often. Ivysaur was your best. I think if you work on Squirtle you'll have a solid roster of Pogeymanz.
Best for last: (What? Favoritism?)
Moses: Sweet doubles, good friendlies. I had a lot of fun and we did quite well (Once I switched to Wario) Team ShortHopDoubleTornado wins everything.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
That Ottawa power rankings list looks spot on. You'll have to put /Pokemon Trainer beside my Lucas though. Will my low tier team keep me from advancing? No. I'm going to take all you *****es to school next time! Old school! The kind of school where you have to wait your turn to attack! The kind of school where an old man wanting some coffee (or whatever it was) was enough to block your path until he felt like moving!

I MIGHT be having people over again for Thursday night fun, I could sure use the practice, but I'll see how productive I am during the week. I also won't be showing up for this friday's Smashfest. Suo, what day would be good for you as you're, like, the rarest Pokém- err, smasher of them all?

Cameron: Did you have a slice of the pizza? I don't remember you having any even though you were the one who could have helped himself the most.

Retlaf

Smash Apprentice
Team Curious ***balls!!!

Shoutouts:

Moses: It was a pleasure to finally play you! I had to work very hard in our matches. You're really good!
Arsenic: I feel like you're always a couple milliseconds ahead of me. I generally know what I need to do to counter whatever it is you're doing, but you always land it instants before I can react. Once I speed my game up, I feel like I'll give you matches you'll NEVAR FORGETZ! ps teamcurious***balls
Zylem: uwaaa we're like the same

ggs everyone, and again, thanks for hosting, cam!

eternalgamer

Smash Apprentice
If only I didn't have so many distractions and work to block me from playing Brawl I might just get good at the game. A huge distraction would be CF himself, I can't avoid playing the char, he's just so manly and fun he has to be played!

flash7

Smash Journeyman
True that Randy. When I got to singles I was playing too defensively for my lliking. Although I thought I played good all around in doubles, I tanked several 2v1s I think. Atleast one against Derek and Mason.

Shoutouts:

LinkShot: GGs, goodjob getting out of the dtilt infinite not sure which chars can/how to get out of it.
Locke: Nice double matches and epic lul matches (CF challenge XD), moar melee next time
Harold: High/Top Tier character kthx. :p GGs, you can be the ottawa gimpyfish :)
Randy: Argghh, GGs. Although I thnk there was no quintuple(sp?) forward smash.
Moses: GGs, ill have to play more aggressively against you next time ;)

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I MIGHT be having people over again for Thursday night fun, I could sure use the practice, but I'll see how productive I am during the week. I also won't be showing up for this friday's Smashfest. Suo, what day would be good for you as you're, like, the rarest Pokém- err, smasher of them all?
I can probably do Thursday, as long as I can run it by my mom ahead of time, I can most likely convince her to allow me out.

I found out that Randy and I live really close, so at least if I don't get hired for awhile I can train with him haha.

Moses! Sorry I let you down this biweekly, hopefully Team More Broken, can re-team soon :)

Oh yea Harold I've been playing a bit of GGPO lately, my Akuma has been slowly improving, we gotta play soon.

P.S. I knew you'd do well with Wario Randy :)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I could have done better as always, but oh well. As the saying goes "Next time Gadget, NEXT TIME!!"

>_>

Anyways, I'll try my hand at shout-outs now:

PNDMike-LOL match ftw. It felt a lot shorter than normal matches for some reason =P
Randy-See I knew you'd be placing a lot higher. I kept telling Harold but he didn't believe me. ggs
Orlando&Derek-Martha's pwn me atm. I'd work on fixing that but No More Heroes is too ****ing fun~!
Retlaf-We need to have some 1v1 w/ gaw's =P
Harold-See bottom
Infzy-Nice Sonic. I never expected a Sonic being there. I think maybe some SHfair might help you get past my blasters.

I know I performed rather poorly in dbls but I think I just need a partner that fits in better w/ me so please, someone be my partner!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Anyways... are we still going squashing tomorrow, if so, who is coming and where are we going? my car can only take on 4 passengers.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I would like to go back to good life, since it is closer to kanata, but it is a bit expensive, and who else is coming?

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I've e-mailed Mike Vording (squash buddy) and he seems to be ok with Sundays but just not this one. Perhaps the Sunday after we'll (well, probably not me...) be able to get some cheaper games at Goodlife.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna suggest Ottawa U so we can just split the total price and since Ben and Randy go there (they dont pay) itll be cheapest for all of us. Although if travel is an issue we can do Goodlife tomorrow and then consider the options again. Ben might still be in Kingston so it just might be 3 of us unless Harold works late.

Meet at parking lot at 9 or 9:30?

Harold: why not you? Are you working at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom