• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OU Tournament: The Land Before Dreams (Completed! Congratulations to Xonar!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Riddle getting knocked out of winners because I ****ed up and lost my own computer access doesn't really seem fair.

He's on all the time. We just never did matches.

If we just went by semi-bracket and I forfeit all future matches, I get third and Riddle goes to gfs with with winner of Xonar/Bing. Makes everything more fair and easier.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Riddle getting knocked out of winners because I ****ed up and lost my own computer access doesn't really seem fair.

He's on all the time. We just never did matches.

If we just went by semi-bracket and I forfeit all future matches, I get third and Riddle goes to gfs with with winner of Xonar/Bing. Makes everything more fair and easier.
You said Riddle was having internet issues, I just assumed the same was still true, otherwise I wouldn't have eliminated you both entirely. Since Riddle himself hasn't gotten in contact with me to tell me anything, I don't know how I was supposed to know he was around.

I've said at least twice that people should message me to let me know if their partner is not able to complete matches so I know that you are active and making an effort to get matches done.

Anyway, in that case, the system needs to get reworked, of course. You also have a point on the rest of the bracket, but I wasn't inclined to give prizes to people who weren't able to finish matches. Although it suddenly occurs to me that simply not reporting back to the thread is entirely different from forfeiting due to problems, that was a really big mindfart on my part.

Sorry, the fact that half of the competitors have dropped out is really confusing me in this whole process. Also forgot exactly how the double elimination works.

All right. Thank you for setting me straight on that one. Sorry guys, looks like we have another change of plans.

Okay, so Riddle will advance forward since Ulti forfeits his match, but he'll place third. Bing and Xonar will face off for winner of the loser's bracket, winner faces Riddle in the final.

Again, apologies, clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I worked this out.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Bing you better win -.-
And same thing happened with my tournament Firus everyone appeared active during sign ups but as soon as I sent the message that the tournament started only one pair completed their matches... This PO tournament would most likely be better live and find a time where everyone can meet up, I believe I can still run a server.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
One of the largest problems are with timezones making it difficult to play at all with people except for extremely specific times. You might get 5 people at one time.

Anyone that was around when there was still a lot of activity in the PC can tell you that, with interest or not, getting more than 2 people on at once is a nightmare.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I realize that, ironically it's easier to run a brawl online tournament than a PO, when PO is ran over the computer.

Also Bing you better think you'll win. Also how do you play PO on a smart phone?

Bing

Smash Master
There's a pokemon online app. You download the app, load your team onto your phone and yeah lol.

Ive been playing a lot of ubers because of garchomp.

I've been getting sweeps in ubers by baton passing to an eevee and going from there lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yeah I realize that, ironically it's easier to run a brawl online tournament than a PO, when PO is ran over the computer.
More interest.

Also, IIRC, you need to just download the app from the PO site and self-install it.

Bing

Smash Master
Xonar Won
We werent sure if it was Bo3 or Bo5 so we did Bo5
He won 3-0

GG Xonar, told ya!

Btw Xonar, its 3rd, this was losers finals, winner plays Riddle in GFs lol

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All right, finals time, Xonar vs. Riddle! The deadline will be a week from today -- May 31st -- at 11:59 PM EDT, as per usual. Best 3 out of 5 matches this time. May the best trainer win!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Riddle couldn't play, he contacted me today to say he forfeits. Be happy I actually looked at my skype when he sent me a message, I was in bed :(

Win by forfeit?

Bing

Smash Master
Okay and? Yes you beat congratulations would you like a medal?

Im simply saying that I dont see how someone who didnt show up for 2 straight rounds of matches should finish higher, wish would also put you in a higher placing Ulti.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I didn't not show up, I forfeited. ;3

I lost my bracket matches, and losing both of them put me in third.

This is how double elimination works.

Bing

Smash Master
well then wtf. I got put in losers put someone who forfeit next round.

Sad face lol

I swear me and Xonar were the only people who made it through the whole tournament actually being ready for there matches...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, it admittedly sucks that a lot of people -- including a finalist -- didn't end up playing their matches, but FORFEITING because you can't make it is a lot different from just not showing up. Plus, he wouldn't have made it there without winning at least one match.

Anyway, if you guys have any actual concerns about the results, it would be much more efficient to contact me about them rather than arguing about it in the thread, that's only likely to end badly. I've handed out all of the prizes; if anybody's missing theirs, let me know. I'll close the thread in a few days if nobody says they're missing anything.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That's because the Participant is an award, and the change to 1st/2nd/3rd and 4 time winner of Pokesmash college of design never happened.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What Ulti said. I can go back to the administration and see if I can get it fixed, but I never got a response after the last time I brought it up.

Honestly, at this point, since the Grand Festival is dead anyway we can probably remove those postbits altogether and just have postbits for the other two.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Honestly, at this point, since the Grand Festival is dead anyway we can probably remove those postbits altogether and just have postbits for the other two.
That's what I implied by not naming the Grand Festival in my post =p

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed the tournament! Hopefully there'll be more solid participation next time.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i'm shocked this actually finished, even with it being kind of a cluster****.

grats to the PC and all participants

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Firus, thanks for organizing and running a tournament for the PC (the first one in 6 months from what it looks like). I know from personal experience that running a PC tourney is very difficult due to various factors (mostly attendance issues). You experienced these issues and I wanted to let you know that I think you handled them very well and you did a great job with this tournament overall.

You should lock this thread though. Tournament threads can get spammy after the tourney itself ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom