• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Expectations.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I expect Mario and Link to be in it. Not sure about Kirby and Pikachu, though. Sarcasm

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
i know you won't reply, but-
Melee was not meant to be competitive.He fixed it when he made brawl by taking smash where it was meant to be. Take a look at tournament brawl mattches.They aren't as hardcore, but they do take skill.Especially at high level. BRawl was made casual like it should be/
Lol did you want brawl to be casual??

I expect King K Rool, Megaman and alternate costumes.

I do not expect it to be better than melee.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
i know you won't reply, but-
Melee was not meant to be competitive.He fixed it when he made brawl by taking smash where it was meant to be. Take a look at tournament brawl mattches.They aren't as hardcore, but they do take skill.Especially at high level. BRawl was made casual like it should be/
It is clear at this point that whether or not Sakurai made melee the way he did on purpose does not matter, that is the way people liked it. From a consumer standpoint, the way the game was intended to be played is completely irrelevant. That's like the melee community reverting back to the in-game how to play tutorial because that's how the game was intended to be played.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I expect Pikachu to keep his legacy of having only four alts to choose from. :troll:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I expect a really, really bad game.
If it's bad, no hopes crushed.
If it's good, pleasantly surprised.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
As I have outlined before, you don't have to be a grumpy mcgrumpy pants or even have fake bad expectations for your hopes not to be crushed. If you follow the course shown you'll be much more than pleasantly surprised if it's good.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
SB gets it. Top tier expectations.

As I have outlined before, you don't have to be a grumpy mcgrumpy pants or even have fake bad expectations for your hopes not to be crushed. If you follow the course shown you'll be much more than pleasantly surprised if it's good.
You can't simply change what your expectations are like that. You don't "fake" expectations, anymore than you fake liking Fuji apples over Granny Smiths.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dont expect it to be better than melee even the slightest..

i hope its better than brawl but im litreally 50/50 if i think its gonna happen...

the words and feelings of countless emotions are just undescribable, speechless if the game is prettt much the same as brawl gameplay wise or worse...

i pretty much have 0/ faith tbh...

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I expect a slight return to form, yet at the same time an unorthodox experience that will change how we play....possibly for good.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
I have high hopes but the lowest of expectations.

If it wasn't for Namco's involvement, the Mods raising standards, Melee making EVO 2013, and twitter's relevancy, I would probably have little hope at all. Unless the developers manage to turn a collective blind eye, it is nearly impossible to avoid and write off the divided interests present all over the web.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You can't simply change what your expectations are like that. You don't "fake" expectations, anymore than you fake liking Fuji apples over Granny Smiths.
For some it is easy, for some it is hard, it is a spectrum nonetheless. The will, for me, is the most powerful factor of influence and the decider of choice, and I can change my expectations.
You got me on the fake part, though. I have found instances where I convinced myself something I knew not to be true to keep myself from being hurt, it was a bad choice on my part.

I have high hopes but the lowest of expectations. If it wasn't for Namco's involvement, the Mods raising standards, Melee making EVO 2013, and twitter's relevancy, I would probably have little hope at all. Unless the developers manage to turn a collective blind eye, it is nearly impossible to avoid and write off the divided interests present all over the web.
A winning combination, hope is a wonderful thing.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
I am really only hopeful they can recognize the highly opinionated state the smash fanbase is in. My confidence in the developers drops significantly when it comes to creating a stellar and agreeable sequel.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Why would the creaters listen to there creations?
They made the thing!

Its all ego **** Nowadays Devs make games for Devs not the fans..

Yet are the Devs the ones that put countless hours in to the game daily..?

Its all bull*

If this game sucks i still has my Prime4 if that sucks then ima sell my WiiU just like i did my Wii.

I havent even brought a WiiU yet..

All Hail N64 best console ever made
RAREWARE R.I.P 1994 - 2001

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm being bit more analyzed on expectation and this time, just wish to observe what this game comes out to be.

While I pretty much expect to see Wii + 3DS-fanservice, I have more "hopes" than expectations:

- Balance between casual and competitive gameplay grounds so both audiences can access.

- Polish around the replayable content, Uprising had tons of it!!! I don't want another abomination like Brawl's shallowly made 1-player modes, okay?

- Do a spectacular job recreating our memories and experiences with the games of last period between Brawl and SSB4, along with some other franchises we haven't seen before.

- Proper representation of Nintendo which means KEEP ON THE SOURCE MATERIAL and don't go around messing with it to your liking if it goes against the series or the characters majorly.

Because really, I'm sick of seeing false accusions in review sites about the represented series or characters due incorrect or downright biased info or decisions on how they were portrayed like. (Starfy, Wario, and hell, Ike). Also for popularity, Kid Icarus /=/ Mario, Pokemon, DK, Zelda. Get your facts straight review sites. Smash Popularity doesn't equal being the A-series of Nintendo in an instant. Ugh.

- Overally make the crossovering funfest feel of Smash Bros even BETTER than I could ever have imagined. Like, overwhelm me makers of SSB4. Okay?

I don't expect these to happen, but I just hope they are taken on consideration and if better, being executed well. And like they say, hope keeps the world going round.

That's all, I guess.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Your INSANE!!!!
Please take this somewhere else, but, ah. . . You seem to have misused "Your", in that context it should be "You're" (the contraction of 'you are')
Let us not forget Say's Law: Supply IS Demand, if people demand something someone will supply it eventually, developing a game and having it be successful is dependent on more than just reputation, it actually has to, to some degree, meet the demand of the consumer.
Really, it's not healthy to have such an attitude of negativity that the devs don't care about us (our money) :3 Oh, and any controller that uses thumbs for precise movement (such as joystick manipulation) is an ergonomic nightmare.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'm just incredibly excited that there is going to be a new Smash Bros game. Someone said Brawl was the last so I had that mindset for the past few years and was surprised when I heard there was going to be a new one. I'm not going to be that guy who hates it because the gameplay is different from Melee or Brawl or the same as Melee or Brawl, I'm just prepared with getting a completely different game. And I'm also prepared with having to listen to countless people complain that this game isn't Melee or it's not Brawl. I for one am a fan of the Smash Series and don't have a favourite game, I still play all 3.

What I am looking forward to...

What new characters they add and how they change the existing ones.
If they make anymore character cuts or if they bring back Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario.
News items/pokemon/assist trophies and stages.
Which returning stages from 64, Melee and Brawl.
How the controls and handling will be.
How they utilize the gamepad and 5 player capabilities.
The big differences between the Wii U and 3DS versions.
If there are any new multiplayer game modes.
The online... Because they can only go up from Brawl's online so it's going to be good.
If Smash Balls make a return and if so how are they changed.
What the single player mode will be about.
How they utilize coins and if they incorporate a game shop.

I've loved every Smash game in the series. It's great how each one has a completely different feel so you need to use different techniques to master each one.

The only way I'll be disappointed is if the game gets cancelled. I'm going to be happy with whatever they make, because they have made 3 great games so far.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
I'm not sure i'm expecting much anymore...I just want it to be better than Brawl and that's basically it (given how Project M+ texture mods are a thing).

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
My expectations are pretty realistic:

A nicely balanced roster of between 42-48 characters, including transformations
Gorgeous HD visuals
More competitive and fast paced game play than Brawl, but not so much as Melee
More combo friendly gameplay
One new special move per character, perhaps in the form of a A+B or grab+B
The removal of tripping
An expanded stage editor
At least one alternate costume per character
A mostly lagless online mode with a nice variety of play options

If I get even most of those, I'll be happy. :)

Top Bottom