• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Out of curiosity, who do you guys use as secondaries?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Airborne, mind fixing that sig? Its super stretching smashboards
That's so weird. On my home computer, it doesn't stretch Smashboards at all (it stops after the Yoshi pictures), but here it does.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Link and Ganondorf....throw in Pit maybe too though ...nah take out pit.

Im crap with Link but I try...
So yoshi and Ganondorf Huzza a Mid-tier (Yoshi, ya I said it) and....the lowest of the low >.>

Karmie

Smash Cadet
To be truthful, Yoshi is my secondary xD. But I do have my R.O.B. and G n W to back him up.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
I almost never use my secondaries, I just use 'em when I'm tired of beating my friend's *** (with yoshi <_<)
Haha, basic reasons why I use "secondaries" also :p

Umm... for me, it's Mario, and Peach. After that you can make a sub-sub tier of characters that I use a lot also, such as Falco, Olimar and Game and Watch (although I avoid him since he's... you know.... broken >.< )

But in reality I really do play every character O.o I'm an uber casual player, until it comes to me using Yoshi :chuckle:

Airborne

Smash Lord
well i can't use anyone else but yoshi now. T_T.... and bwett, i took my sig off for now... maybe my friend can downsize it.... i want people to see the entire thing anyways.... XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Same here, but I recently played against a really good Game&Watch, and noted some interesting stuff, so I'll try him out and see what happens.
Same happened to me. lol

Now may GnW is about to knock Yoshi of the pedestal...prolly not though.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Toonlink, Falco, and Lucario.
Actually Toonlink is more of a main standing along side Yoshi.
Yeah, that's it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yoshi's the secondary here, along with Ganon and Mario (With Kirby as a main. Ironically, MK, featured so prominently in my avatar, is now a character I almost never play) *runs from the angry pitchfork weilding dinosaurs*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Thanks, my bro made it and a really good Link one when the game came out (basically just pictures with edited colors, but it still turned out looking awesome.).

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much only use yoshi. If I use anyone else it is for friendlies, and that is usually Pika. I might use my Pika against Snakes though, because I just can't win this matchup with Yoshi.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
My secondries are Snake, Lucas and Olimar. Lucas is great against Luario and Snake is for Lucario or any other characters that piss me off. Olimar is for fun. :D

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
I hardly use an other char
if i take someone else, the result is terrible...
for example i tried to make egg camping with jiggs xD
I can play Sonic a little bit (thx Nines^^) but all in all i only use Yoshi,
what else?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Lets see, I main Boswer and Wolf alongside yoshi

my "secondaries" would have to be Sonic, Donkey Kong and Pokemon Trainer

i find they all fit my playstyle very well :D

yoshistrings

Smash Rookie
I'm not saying they have similar styles. no one's really like yoshi. I'm just saying link's easy to get used to if you play with yoshi often.

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
I tend to use Wario, Ness, Peach, or Olimar when I need to use someone other than Yoshi.

It's not often, however.
I simply tough out brawls versus Yoshi's difficult matchups for practice, if anything

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi to be honest is kinda my 3rd character, but i am having so much gosh darn fun with him, that I may start using him alot more. I pretty much picked him up to counter MK. I use GW, Ganon, and Yoshi. Only problem with my 3 is I have a hard time against the likes of DDD and Snake and Wario and Marth, or at least thats the characters I have a hard time against.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
hey first post!
my main is yoshi, hes been my main since the original
but my secondary would be wolf, when yoshi doesnt get the job done..i know i'll take it with wolf

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I have NO secondary. I still fail at finding one and being good enough to use them whenever I can't use Yoshi.

metlwing

Smash Rookie
Toon link is mostly my secondary. But on teams, when I team up with my brother, I find him using ganondarf or Fox works shockingly well.

Ghostflames

Smash Rookie
While with any other character other than Yoshi I seem to come up short, I use Ike, Link, Luigi, or Pikminless Olimar when I'm not using Yoshi

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I use Yoshi to death, but in terms of secondary's theres only 1 option for me.
Ganondorf.
I really could care less if I lost a match as Ganondorf.
Between Yoshi & Ganondorf, the game is fun.

Top Bottom