• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overall best character?

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I have a lot of mains, the mains I think i'm best at are Sonic or DK.
That's... totally not what they're asking. But, you know... good for you.

(Reading the opening post rather than just the thread title may give you a better idea what the thread's about)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah but Falcos placed better than Marth in Melee and is still better than him in Brawl :ohwell:

EDIT: 400th Post!!!!!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I really dont know between fox and pika...

And kirby was so bad in melee that he can't even be considered for this lol

Nicole

Smash Champion
um, i think i know the answer to this one guys!

...captain falcon!

right?

(i guess 4srs i would vote pikachu or fox)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In Melee Marth is much easier to master than Falco. You don't commit as much SD because Marth has good falling speed while Falco falls insanely fast. In PAL he has the heaviest weight for being immune to Fox infinite reflector combo, but in PAL his dair isalso a meteor and not a spike. His tipped fsmash and tipped dsmash are insanely powerful, against lv9 CPUs I usually combo into an aerial tipped fsmash or meteor canceled dair to L-cancel fsmash. Marth also has much better recovery, Falco's recovery is very short and up b is too predictable. The Falco advantages are he has a great projectile while Marth has no projectile, also Falco has a reflector and his combos are executed much faster. I don't know if Falco has good juggling abbility but Marth's juggling abbility is incredibly good Whats even is edge-guarding. I think Marth is slightly better and Marth is easier to learn techniques than Falco (though Falco is easier to learn than Fox).

In Brawl Marth's up b is much better, his side b is also better and counter is now dependent on the strengh of the countered attack, but not only his sword and grab range has decreased but the tip is now also smaller.

In Brawl Falco has now an amazing chain grab and can shoot 2 lasers in a single short hop as well as falling speed has decreased a lot, but he lost some killers such as down tilt and neutral aerial and his spike needs to hit at the very start to spike otherwise it sends weakly upwards.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Link? Plus you can simply footstool after the spike rofl.
No, Link can make it back. Hell, he probably will 100% of the time..and if you try to footstool you will just jump very high because they will probably be up-Bing. Even the completely horizontal recoveries, Bowser and DK, make it back every time. It's certainly not a 0-death. I also don't see his this puts falco above marth or fox overall

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
Lucas or Mewtwo are the best characters ever.

But seriously, looking at characters who were in : (second in parentheses)
all 3 games,-pikachu (fox)
ssb64 and melee- fox (captain falcon)
melee and brawl- falco (marth)
ssb64- pikachu (kirby)
melee- fox (marth)
brawl- metaknight (snake)

Fox is on there the most :O

Nic64

Smash Lord
best through 3 games would be pikachu, best from melee to brawl would be marth or falco. so those would be the three I would say.

Leopold222

Smash Rookie
Pikachu is awesome and good a bit slow though.

Fox probably dosent seem as good as he was in ssbm and ssb because he's probably overshadowed by Falco and Wolf and he dosent seem so uniqe

Well i think Meta is good but a bit overhyped his moves may be fast but they can certainy be dodged if you are good.

Smash Journeyman
The SSB tier lists is so interchangable its crazy. Pikachu's top tier spot could have been shared with Kirby, C. Falcon, or Fox. All four of those characters, and maybe jigglypuff, were extremely good back then.

Pikachu was terrible in melee, so was kirby.
Falcon is terrible in brawl but very good in melee.
Fox was top tier in melee, and is decent in Brawl.
Kirby was low in melee, pretty high in Brawl.

So I have to say Fox, then falcon, then jigglypuff, then pikachu.

Jigglypuff was good in SSB and got even better in SSBM so I put him infront of pika.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pikachu isn't slow in the least. QAC, fast aerials, good tilts.

Fox is extremely unique. It takes some enormous patience to play as Fox.

That goes without saying. He's not overhyped, he's just the best in the game. If you're good, you don't get hit? Yeah, if only that were true.

Smash Journeyman
Yea theres definately not an arguement who is worst in the series. That reaslly sucks that link has always been so horrible.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Lucas or Mewtwo are the best characters ever.

But seriously, looking at characters who were in : (second in parentheses)
all 3 games,-pikachu (fox)
ssb64 and melee- fox (captain falcon)
melee and brawl- falco (marth)
ssb64- pikachu (kirby)
melee- fox (marth)
brawl- metaknight (snake)

Fox is on there the most :O
Lucas or Mewtwo, that's a joke! They're both in low tier!

Omnii

Smash Rookie
It's really hard to say tbh. Pikachu remained very consistent throughout the three, of course 64 being its highlight. But all the while Fox had his big breaks in 64 and melee (Melee being his best) but remained slightly neutral in brawl

DK_047

Smash Cadet
I would say fox
He's never been low tier before, and he is at the very top tier in melee

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Even though Link is ranked last in SSB I wouldn't say he's the worst in SSB, he can combo and Samus lacks combos. What really sucks is his terrible short recovery. Recovery is what really hurts in SSB and SSBB of Link, it lacks everything in distance and his stats has everything that makes a combination for extremely short recovery. I want Brawl Link with Melee hookshot recovery properties and his high air speed in that game, in Brawl his air speed sucks and in SSB it's only average.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I wouldn't say link is horrible, go look at Izaw for example
That's just the player behind him though.

I can watch Aniki **** with Link all day in Melee but that still doesn't change the fact that the character is bad. Aniki was just an amazing player.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
More Pikachu, though in Brawl his matchups aren't so good against top tier characters. I completely disagree Kirby. Kirby in Melee sucks: Slow, extremely light, floaty to make he so easy to KO, weak, easy to gimp, poor range, poor combo ability, escapable throws, easy to camp... he is arguably the 2nd worst (only better than Pichu). Because he so bad in Melee, it's impossible to say he is one of the best overall. And in Brawl his stats are still worse than in 64. Being a terrible character in one of the games it's impossible to say it's one of the best overall.

MK is the cheapest introduction ever having insane matchups.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Falco, Marth, for only 2 games.

Pikachu for all 3 games.

Worst is probably Link, or Yoshi, he has been pretty garbage in all of them.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Fox, he was actually in all 3 games and has been good in all 3 I know falco is better then him in brawl but I have to give fox props since he was in 64.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
That's actually very false! 8D

Yoshi's utilts on shield in N64 were too good though

Top Bottom