• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overalls Wario

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
****it, I want the Classic Wario Render now!!!
Come on, grayscale Wario! :laugh:

ok I went to the dojo and read the update in another language and it just said that Wario is a special case...it didnt say he's the only one.......so hopefully we might see more alts...
Well, the English version was quite clear: "Wario alone is special." If any version was mistranslated, it's probably not the English one. A mistranslation probably would have been less specific.

I can sense Dr.Mario as an alternite
Yeah, that's very likely. Especially considering that "Wario alone is special." :dizzy:

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
YAY!! I'm so glad Wario got his classic 1 now! This update had made my day! Cause I like this Wario better!!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I don't see what the hell is wrong with you guys complaining over this, ie "gee i hope they didn't spend too much time on this," etc, etc. Alternate costumes take soooooooo much time out of development! -.-

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been hoping to see this type of update for awhile now. At least now I can choose between using Wario's basic suit or the WarioWare suit.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Now we might get Dr. Mario back... and this might possibly work for Samus and Zamus as well.

Atleast he didnt waste a -real- character slot on him, like with Dr. M in melee, Right?

Twintail

Smash Cadet
I'm just glad the costumes just finally got done. It looks good and it's not just a little change as with peach's daisy. I like both, what can I say, but it definately opens up other opportunities for other characters (I don't care what the update says:)). I just hope the costumes get implemented on more than one character, but I guess by making it that way it makes the character special. Point= Great update

I also liked how sakurai put it all on the yoshi stage with snow, yay christmans!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well i don't think overalls wario will be a clone, or at least not an exact one

something tells me he will use his but slam and charge moves from the wario games, plus his 3 punch combo from wario world, something wario ware does not

also i don't think overalls wario will fart or use the motorcycle, since those were not seen until warioware

all in all, i hope overalls wario will be kick ***

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
YES! THERE IS A GOD! Hallelujah!:joyful:This is absolutely marvelous! I am glad that Wario still has his own costume after all. However, it is quite regrettable to hear about Wario being the only one bestowed with such a special treatment.:urg: I would have enjoyed seeing King K. Rool with his Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein costumes.:ohwell:However, you never know if Sakurai stretches the truth or not...

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Overalls Wario is awesome and I like him MUCH better than Warioware Wario! Though of course it's great to get both, I'll mainly be using the classic him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think anyone will use WarioWare Wario now.
I will. I like it more, and its who he is now, and honestly, I never much cared for classic Wario.

Sakurai did a good job with it though.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Something that I noticed though, why didn't they put detail in his overalls like they did with Mario's, and even Waluigi's who is in AT? That confuses me.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Originally Posted by Alan Redgown
Well, the English version was quite clear: "Wario alone is special." If any version was mistranslated, it's probably not the English one. A mistranslation probably would have been less specific.
but in both Spanish and French it said otherwise...all we really need is the one in its original language (Japanese) to verify if it is mistranslated....and why can't the English one be a little wrong sometimes?

Honestly, if Wario is the ONLY one with an alternate costume Im gunna be pissed...although grateful at the same time...PT should have a female costume I mean...Im pretty sure all he does is run left or right and flail his arms around...there isnt much programming there...and how hard is it to give Lucas black hair, a cap, and a backpack?......

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm pretty happy we got this update. I like Wario's warioware costume, but it would have been a shame if their was no classic Wario.

Ned

Smash Rookie
I found this update lame. He could have done a new character, but instead he wants to show everyone Wario's flabs. He could have kept it as an easter egg or something.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
I saw on the dojo that he has 5 different colors for the overalls. How many colors does he have for the warioware costume, just the one?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I saw on the dojo that he has 5 different colors for the overalls. How many colors does he have for the warioware costume, just the one?
On the Dojo update, it also says ''after going through the 6 Warioware costume colors''.. so his Warioware has 6 colors, including the regular color. I bet he also has 6 for his overalls costume.

kuroi-furan

Smash Rookie
I don't really if this belongs here..but if kirby sucks a ummm 'normal' wario outfit, will it still take on the warioware outfit cap thingie...or will they make another 'normal' wario outfit cap for kirby?

anyway, I think that in my opinion wario looks so much better in his usual outfit, rather than some somewhat new outfit. (I never liked warioware anyway lol) Yay for update...

This update is what a lot of people have been wanting forever.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were a bajjillion more "real alternate costumes" like this one
I just have to agree with him, as some have said. I mean, with fire merio and now this coming out we can expect a lot more of these alt costumes coming out. This could also explain the 'oot zelda headress' on kirby (zelda may have her old costume too y'know) I know a lot of you are gonna say that it said 'wario alone is especial', but who really thinks he'll be the only one...:chuckle:

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
My little brother loves classic Wario, so I'm sure that when he hears that he is playable over WarioWare Wario he'll be ecstatic.

I personally like the WarioWare outfit much, much better. It's crazy but fits Wario to a T and gives him a great deal of personality.

Wario has quickly shot up the list of characters I want to play when I get the game, but that was before the Classic Wario update. I think I'll stick with WarioWare Wario when the game is launched.

7 weeks baby. 7 weeks.

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
After reading the update, I come to realize that Wario might have the most "costumes" in the game. He has his Warioware gear in six diffrent colors, plus his overalls.

Lucky S.O.B.

lolz.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I'm glad to see that Wario got his classic outfit back. I preferred that outfit over the WarioWare outfit. I'm used to the classic outfit rather than WarioWare for a few reasons. For the first, I never picked up any of the WarioWare games, for they didn't seem appealing to me in the least. Secondly, I preferred the side-scrolling games of Wario Land, and the Gamecube game Wario World, which he donned his classic outfit.

Though, I must admit, I cannot see Wario driving that motorcycle while in his classic outfit. Seems more of like what the minigame-Wario would drive. We all should know classic Wario drives his purple 'Wariomobile', which looks similar to that of an older Cadillac. I could have seen him drive that instead of a motorbike, seeing as Wario is more wealthy after the first one or two Wario Land games, as well as after Wario World.

So, honestly, both costumes are about even on my terms. There's my love for the classic plumber look for Wario, for it was what I grew up with. But then there's the fatc that Wario-Man and the motorbike are more of what WarioWare's version of our famous treasure hunter.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm glad to see that Wario got his classic outfit back. I preferred that outfit over the WarioWare outfit. I'm used to the classic outfit rather than WarioWare for a few reasons. For the first, I never picked up any of the WarioWare games, for they didn't seem appealing to me in the least. Secondly, I preferred the side-scrolling games of Wario Land, and the Gamecube game Wario World, which he donned his classic outfit.

Though, I must admit, I cannot see Wario driving that motorcycle while in his classic outfit. Seems more of like what the minigame-Wario would drive. We all should know classic Wario drives his purple 'Wariomobile', which looks similar to that of an older Cadillac. I could have seen him drive that instead of a motorbike, seeing as Wario is more wealthy after the first one or two Wario Land games, as well as after Wario World.

So, honestly, both costumes are about even on my terms. There's my love for the classic plumber look for Wario, for it was what I grew up with. But then there's the fatc that Wario-Man and the motorbike are more of what WarioWare's version of our famous treasure hunter.
Awwwww, don't be so sad, you'll just need time to get used to these new things such as the motorcycle. Plus, WarioWare adds to our treasure hunter's personnality.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Ahem....The final smash? how will the orignal wario turn into wario-man?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ahem....The final smash? how will the orignal wario turn into wario-man?
He eats garlic.

OVERALLS WARIO IS NOT A SEPERATE CHARCTER. JUST A COSTUME, ACTIVATED LIKE ANY NORMAL PALETTE SWAP. HE RETAINS HIS ORIGINAL MOVESET AND STATS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION.

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
One of the best non-character updates. By far. I love how it is Wario exclusive, although theres many characters who could use an alt costume.

Overalls alt colors are soo ugly. I love it!

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Normally, I'm tame, but what kind of crappy update is this?! Has Sakurai really suck that low? All I know is, the Christmas update better be ftw.
That is a lie. You are a lie. This update is awesome.

Seriously, I know there are some who will still prefer the Wario Ware costume, but why hate on the ability to pick the classic one? And please, not the lame "it took up programming time/disc space!" argument. That's a load of bull, in the end.

I've been hoping there would be an option to select the classic Wario costume since the very first Brawl trailer waaaaaaay back in '06 that revealed that Wario would be a character. I'm thrilled to see my hope has come to fruition. I'll certainly be more inclined to use Wario now.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
It's funny I wasn't really fond of the Wario Ware costume but it kinda grew on me. Now I don't know what one I'm gonna use. :(

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
This was as good as a new character update.

Your so right man, I actualy kinda freaked out when I saw this, not as much as I freaked out when I saw Sonic, but still, I was realy disapointed when I found out they were using WarioWare Wario, but now they have the gool ol awesome Wario that has appeared in way more games than regular wario.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I have on grip with Overalls Wario. Why are Waluigi's overalls more detailed then Wario's? It doens't make any sense; it's almost as if they didn't put much effort into creating his overalls.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
If Wario has overalls as alt costume, what of his motorcycle? He doesn't have a motorcycle in Warioland. What if he drove his car instead? That would be freaking awesome.

Top Bottom